logo
Old 01-02-2014, 11:33 AM
Find More Posts by SleepyC
USA, OH, Aurora
Joined Jan 2006
30,070 Posts
Discussion
2014 Joe Nall Announced. Are you ready?!

Hey guys, it’s 2014, a brand new year!! And that can mean only ONE THING for any self respecting RC nut! It’s time to start planning for the 2014 Joe Nall Week!!!

The dates for the 2014 Joe Nall Week are Friday May 9th through Saturday May 17th. That means put in for vacation, use up that sick and personal time and be there for the entire week of awesomeness.

Considering that the event grows exponentially each and every year, I think without a doubt 2014 is going to set the bar as the most awesome, largest attended RC Fly-in in the world!! Of course FG will be there all week long doing hanging out and covering the event from every angle possible!

Also this year I am doing what I call the Joe Nall Spirit Patrol! What’s Joe Nall Spirit Patrol you ask? Quite simple. This year as the Joe Nall week takes place, we will be driving around covering the event and watching everyone do what they do. When we see someone do something in the spirit of the event (ie. lend a hand, help with a repair, offer a ride to a person walking from field to field, offer water to someone.. basically just being NICE) we will give you a raffle ticket. If you are wearing an FG shirt during your “niceness” you will get two. I mean what’s the worst thing that could happen, people start being TOO nice to each other just to get more tickets?! Still sounds like a win to me! Then on Wednesday at the annual FG T-shirt give-a-way (First reminder... WEDNESDAY 5/14 3pm, 3D LINE) we will also do a prize drawing with all the tickets that were given out. What are the prizes you ask? I don’t know yet! ( if you are a manufacturer send me a PM, if you would like to participate!)

Ok.. so mark the calendars, get time off of work and get ready for the worlds greatest fly-in!!

New guys, ask any questions you have here, and I’m sure some of the joe Nall OG’s can jump in and answer any questions you may have!

The official 2014 Joe Nall FG Thread is HERE

And the official Joe Nall website is HERE
SleepyC is offline Find More Posts by SleepyC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 01-02-2014, 01:02 PM
Find More Posts by raven04
United States, OH, Willard
Joined Apr 2007
5,401 Posts
What is the average cost for this trip from Ohio for the 4 days???
Hoping to make my first Nall trip
raven04 is offline Find More Posts by raven04
Old 01-02-2014, 01:09 PM
USA, OH, Aurora
Joined Jan 2006
30,070 Posts
It’s 9 days long! but If you camp I think the entire week is like $160 including pilot pass (don’t quote me, just remembering) and then what ever food and such you bring. Ohio to the Nall is a 10 hr drive around 660 miles.. so figure in gas... I’d say having a great time, spending some money on good food and a few wobbly pops, you could be in it for $650 - $1000 for the week. probably way less if you went super skimp. One year I had $350 total and made it. But i “borrowed” quite a few silly sodas, and may have eaten a few borrowed lunchs at a few campers....
Old 01-02-2014, 02:21 PM
Find More Posts by WangoTango
Conroe, Texas U.S.A.
Joined Feb 2007
5,152 Posts
It's 1:15 and there's 112 people reading this thread and daydreaming of great weather at Joe Nall
instead of snow, sleet and cold stuff. (Yes..... I took the time to count all of you!) Hmmmmm.... all I had to do was READ the number......
WT
WangoTango is offline Find More Posts by WangoTango
Old 01-02-2014, 02:37 PM
Find More Posts by jms5599
United States, MO, High Ridge
Joined Feb 2009
973 Posts
Joe Nall is an awesome event!

I was curious if this is the place to bring up the 3D flight line? Last year they keep us from flying over the lake for days! If they could move the angle of the flight line, then the people at the pond wouldn't be in line of the landing planes. Me and a friend got to fly over the pond for 1 flight, but they closed the entire flight line down for us to do that. I am very sorry that they did that, we asked that they not close the line down as It might make other mad. I hope they have a easy resolve for this issue, as it will be the deciding factor if I will go this year.

Hope to see everyone there, as this is a 1 of a lifetime experience!
jms5599 is offline Find More Posts by jms5599
Old 01-02-2014, 02:56 PM
Find More Posts by noah540
Hoverpalooza, buckeyebigbirds
Joined Jun 2011
767 Posts

Count me in for 2014
noah540 is offline Find More Posts by noah540
Old 01-02-2014, 03:12 PM
Find More Posts by smokdup
Murfreesboro TN
Joined Nov 2008
221 Posts
I am ready to throw down, just got to find out a way to tell the wife...
smokdup is offline Find More Posts by smokdup
Old 01-02-2014, 03:48 PM
Find More Posts by japan3d
Mr. Cessna
Japan, Ibaraki-ken, Sashima-gun
Joined Jan 2006
2,472 Posts
It looks like I am going to make it again this year. Ohio is nothing, I am coming all the way from Japan. It is well worth the cost of being there.
japan3d is online now Find More Posts by japan3d
Old 01-02-2014, 03:52 PM
USA, OH, Aurora
Joined Jan 2006
30,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by japan3d View Post
It looks like I am going to make it again this year. Ohio is nothing, I am coming all the way from Japan. It is well worth the cost of being there.
Yea.. you got us beat by a long shot!!
Old 01-02-2014, 04:17 PM
Find More Posts by JPal101
United States, NY, Huntington
Joined Nov 2006
567 Posts
Last year was my first Joe Nall and let me tell you, I have resolved to go every year till the day I die. I was amazed at not only the aircraft but the whole experience. Everyone is so ready to help and have just a great attitude. If you have never been, and you are in this hobby, this is a must trip at least once in you life.
JPal101 is offline Find More Posts by JPal101
Old 01-02-2014, 04:20 PM
Find More Posts by rooman
They're get'n lower mate.....
United States, PA, Home
Joined Nov 2006
3,941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by japan3d View Post
How much will the rickshaw ride cost ?
rooman is offline Find More Posts by rooman
Old 01-02-2014, 04:24 PM
Find More Posts by raven04
United States, OH, Willard
Joined Apr 2007
5,401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyC View Post
It’s 9 days long! but If you camp I think the entire week is like $160 including pilot pass (don’t quote me, just remembering) and then what ever food and such you bring. Ohio to the Nall is a 10 hr drive around 660 miles.. so figure in gas... I’d say having a great time, spending some money on good food and a few wobbly pops, you could be in it for $650 - $1000 for the week. probably way less if you went super skimp. One year I had $350 total and made it. But i “borrowed” quite a few silly sodas, and may have eaten a few borrowed lunchs at a few campers....
Thanks sleepy I'll be camping...I kinda thought around 800.00 bucks plus extra for some goodies
Not sure if I'll be bring a plane...
raven04 is offline Find More Posts by raven04
Old 01-02-2014, 04:50 PM
Find More Posts by terryscustom
Wood Butcher
United States, SD, Harrisburg
Joined Jan 2007
9,971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raven04 View Post
Thanks sleepy I'll be camping...I kinda thought around 800.00 bucks plus extra for some goodies
Not sure if I'll be bring a plane...
Bring a plane if you can, even if it's small electric. We have to fly there instead of driving because of time restrictions, but we always have a blast even without toys.

Going for our 5th in a row
terryscustom is offline Find More Posts by terryscustom
Old 01-02-2014, 05:00 PM
Find More Posts by Theflyinglineman
God is life
United States, FL, Sarasota
Joined Oct 2010
511 Posts
Can't wait to go for the first time this year I asked a question on another thread about dump station. Is it true that there will be a truck comeing around to empty grey and black tanks.

Thanks

Adam
Theflyinglineman is offline Find More Posts by Theflyinglineman
Old 01-02-2014, 05:09 PM
Find More Posts by Do-rag
Grass on the tail is good
United States, NC, Kinston
Joined Jan 2006
674 Posts
Yes on the truck
Do-rag is offline Find More Posts by Do-rag