logo
Old 01-20-2016, 09:31 PM
Find More Posts by Krazy Karl
Southwest Pa.
Joined Nov 2006
4,003 Posts
Prolly not ever going to see anything like this in public. At least not in the air!

What a shame we are now suppressed and limited by the all mighty federal government. What next?

Hey Colton....

http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/...s-a380/2965799
Krazy Karl is offline Find More Posts by Krazy Karl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 01-21-2016, 01:10 AM
Find More Posts by Colton
Now taking maneuver requests!
United States, GA, Smyrna
Joined Mar 2010
2,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy Karl View Post
Prolly not ever going to see anything like this in public. At least not in the air!

What a shame we are now suppressed and limited by the all mighty federal government. What next?

Hey Colton....

http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/...s-a380/2965799

I can confirm that I was very involved in this project
Colton is offline Find More Posts by Colton
Old 01-21-2016, 02:47 PM
Find More Posts by 3ddd
tissue ? cry baby jack wagon!
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Jan 2006
2,886 Posts
well i can confirm the club i fly at (TIMPA) is requiring you to register with faa and present the numbers in or on your planes,,,so fellows uncle Toms cousin,,(FAA) has won it looks like
3ddd is offline Find More Posts by 3ddd
Old 01-21-2016, 04:47 PM
Find More Posts by jglemba
Smokin Joe
United States, PA, Charleroi
Joined Apr 2009
249 Posts
Tonight Show

Karl,

That was the show that I watched weeks ago and commented on! I knew it was too much of a coincedence!
jglemba is offline Find More Posts by jglemba
Old 01-21-2016, 09:59 PM
Southwest Pa.
Joined Nov 2006
4,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jglemba View Post
Karl,

That was the show that I watched weeks ago and commented on! I knew it was too much of a coincedence!
Yeah no coincidence there Joe. I looked for it when you first posted but did not find anything. My wife found the clip last evening. Maybe the Gulfstream will make Jimmy Fallon one day! lol... Who knows.

Thanks guys for the info on the f....... ah I prolly shouldn't say it.

I am concerned with all the wording with everything is up to 55 lbs. I am not sure exactly where this leaves Monster12. Joe Nall could suck in a few years as a lot of people go to see the one offs including me. Those bastards is all I can say.

This is going to be interesting.
Old 01-21-2016, 10:13 PM
Southwest Pa.
Joined Nov 2006
4,003 Posts
On a modeling note I have found a stupid simple way to make vacuum bags for making glass parts or for clamping purposes.

yep all from Home Depot and well... harbor freight. I love that place too!

I also have been making plaster of paris molds for making glass parts. It's dirt cheap compared to epoxy resin molds. One good reason to live in the north I suppose. There is nothing else to do when it's so nasty outside. It's called being bored stiff.
Old 01-21-2016, 11:35 PM
Find More Posts by japan3d
Mr. Cessna
Japan, Ibaraki-ken, Sashima-gun
Joined Jan 2006
2,472 Posts
Quote:
One good reason to live in the north I suppose. There is nothing else to do when it's so nasty outside. It's called being bored stiff.
It's all because the sledding hill at Paul's Acres is gone.
japan3d is online now Find More Posts by japan3d
Old 01-22-2016, 01:18 AM
Find More Posts by Colton
Now taking maneuver requests!
United States, GA, Smyrna
Joined Mar 2010
2,447 Posts
Quote:
On a modeling note I have found a stupid simple way to make vacuum bags for making glass parts or for clamping purposes.

yep all from Home Depot and well... harbor freight. I love that place too!

I also have been making plaster of paris molds for making glass parts. It's dirt cheap compared to epoxy resin molds. One good reason to live in the north I suppose. There is nothing else to do when it's so nasty outside. It's called being bored stiff.

Man this is just killer Karl!

Looks like the FAA at this current time is going to just let us go by the AMA safety guidlines. So for right now it looks like we'll still just have to get her checked off by the inspector.
Colton is offline Find More Posts by Colton
Old 01-22-2016, 08:37 AM
Find More Posts by reyn3545
United States, FL, Mulberry
Joined Oct 2006
10,499 Posts
Quote:
Yeah no coincidence there Joe. I looked for it when you first posted but did not find anything. My wife found the clip last evening. Maybe the Gulfstream will make Jimmy Fallon one day! lol... Who knows.

Thanks guys for the info on the f....... ah I prolly shouldn't say it.

I am concerned with all the wording with everything is up to 55 lbs. I am not sure exactly where this leaves Monster12. Joe Nall could suck in a few years as a lot of people go to see the one offs including me. Those bastards is all I can say.

This is going to be interesting.
I thought the FAA and AMA wording for the over 55 pound planes was just to acknowledge that larger planes would fall under already existing AMA inspection criteria.
reyn3545 is offline Find More Posts by reyn3545
Old 01-22-2016, 10:14 AM
Find More Posts by jglemba
Smokin Joe
United States, PA, Charleroi
Joined Apr 2009
249 Posts
Quote:

There is nothing else to do when it's so nasty outside. It's called being bored stiff.
I couldn't make it up to the clubhouse to work on planes. Confined to the basement. Just me and some black and white paint! Haven't done that in years!
jglemba is offline Find More Posts by jglemba
Old 01-22-2016, 05:10 PM
Find More Posts by Hinckley Bill
Hinckley Illinois
Joined Jan 2006
2,992 Posts
Quote:
I couldn't make it up to the clubhouse to work on planes. Confined to the basement. Just me and some black and white paint! Haven't done that in years!
Wow, very impressive indeed
Hinckley Bill is offline Find More Posts by Hinckley Bill
Old 01-23-2016, 10:37 AM
Southwest Pa.
Joined Nov 2006
4,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by japan3d View Post
It's all because the sledding hill at Paul's Acres is gone.
Not today. Open for business buddy! My son in law is going to bring the quad up to tow Jake and Zak up the hill. Man kids are spoiled these day. lol...

Did you break any bones on this hill Richard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
Man this is just killer Karl!

Looks like the FAA at this current time is going to just let us go by the AMA safety guidlines. So for right now it looks like we'll still just have to get her checked off by the inspector.
Thanks Colton. Making our parts soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyn3545 View Post
I thought the FAA and AMA wording for the over 55 pound planes was just to acknowledge that larger planes would fall under already existing AMA inspection criteria.
Let's hope so. I saw a post somewhere that said that but it would be nice to hear it from the AMA. I may have to e mail them for official word.

Quote:
You've got a gift Joe. Pretty cool scene. My wife and I hike a lot and that scene could be in the woods in Mingo Creek park. The trial of life.
Old 02-06-2016, 05:15 PM
Southwest Pa.
Joined Nov 2006
4,003 Posts
Incase the snow hasn't melted yet...

Here's a really cool project that a couple friends did. (Colton as one of)

Can you say "Holly Heck" about 20 times in a row. I think this would surely tick off the wife/..

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2592977
Old 05-16-2016, 01:25 PM
Southwest Pa.
Joined Nov 2006
4,003 Posts
Guys,
I am not sure how many of you know of the loss of fellow aviator Greg Connel last Saturday.

I personally met Greg a few years ago at Nall and he was an extremely pleasant guy that joked I had the wrong scheme on my plane as only those few of the elite can do. I told him if I did another M12 it was going to be his.

Dale Wilkins beat me to it if you sawi it at Joe Nall this year and I am glad Greg knew of the Dale's project. I understand from Dale that Greg was following the build of his plane until this tragic end.

God Bless Greg and his family. May he be in our Lords hands now.

I want to share Kendal's Facebook words as they were friends and always will be. I don't think Kendal will mind. The photo is of Greg and Kendal from Kendal's Facebook page..

Kendal's words:

Greg buddy you will be greatly missed. Long sombering flight across the North Atlantic last night right after I learned about the accident. Another good friend taken from us too soon. You couldn't be around Greg and not smile and laugh. Good times, but not enough of them. Praying for Ginger and other family and friends. RIP my friend.
Old 05-16-2016, 02:50 PM
Find More Posts by kjkimball
United States, FL, Mt Dora
Joined May 2006
628 Posts
Karl,

Greg was a friend of mine as well as a customer. We built his Model 12 for him, the one Dale modeled after. Greg more recently got his Wolfpitts and had thoughts to sell his Model 12. I am sure the Model 12 will be sold at some point. Hope it finds a new owner as cool and nice as Greg was. I last saw Greg at SNF in our booth. Nice guy, funny and great to be around. He will be missed by many.
kjkimball is offline Find More Posts by kjkimball

Quick Reply