logo
Old 01-07-2013, 11:34 AM
Find More Posts by SleepyC
USA, OH, Aurora
Joined Jan 2006
30,070 Posts
Discussion
The 2013 Flyinggiants.com Huckfest Title Sponsor is...

Guys, I am very excited and pleased to announce our 2013 Huckfest Tour title sponsor. Without the help of the title sponsor, the Huckfest tour would not be as awesome as it is. So without further ado, I'd like to officially say...

Flyinggiants.com and Aeroworks present the 2013 Huckfest Tour!

I am really excited to be working with Aeroworks this year. Rocco and Mark have already presented ideas to me that will make each tour stop and the entire tour even more exciting. As the applications come in this week and I put together the tour locations, rest assured that this year is going to be off the hook! I have even been contacted by a few people/clubs that I know will make this tour one to remember for a long time. I already know that a few of the best shows of 2012 are returning to take their tour stop to the next level. And I'm excited to have Aeroworks on board as they seem very interested in taking an active roll in making this year's tour awesome.

So please take a second and help me welcome Aeroworks on board for the 2013 Huckfest Tour!
SleepyC is offline Find More Posts by SleepyC
Last edited by FG MOD; 01-07-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 01-07-2013, 12:07 PM
Find More Posts by yakwards
Check it bleed,bro was on.
United States, VA, Hampton
Joined Apr 2010
2,477 Posts
It would be awesome to have you guys stop at our field.We have a 400 by 40 foot blacktop runway with massive overun on each side,grass runway in front of the big runway.Beautiful field for sure.The downside is Im one of 2 people that fly 3D
How many people from out of town usually attend a huckfest?That would be the only way to make one happen at my field.
http://www.newportnewsrc.org/
yakwards is offline Find More Posts by yakwards
Old 01-07-2013, 12:36 PM
Find More Posts by astrohog
movin' on
Bellingham, WA
Joined Jul 2007
2,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakwards View Post
It would be awesome to have you guys stop at our field.We have a 400 by 40 foot blacktop runway with massive overun on each side,grass runway in front of the big runway.Beautiful field for sure.The downside is Im one of 2 people that fly 3D
How many people from out of town usually attend a huckfest?That would be the only way to make one happen at my field.
Here's a little HF info for ya:

FG doesn't "stop by" your field to put on a Huckfest. It would probably be a good idea for you to check out the application/requirements to host a Huckfest. Hosting a successful Huckfest is a HUGE job that takes at least a handful of experienced, dedicated folks to pull it off. A Huckfest is not your ordinary fly-in and it requires much more coordination and planning (Huckfest Junkies sure are a needy bunch! ). After all, how do you keep a bunch of Hucking, partying, 3D junkies with A.D.D. entertained and happy for FOUR DAYS???? Before you entertain hosting a HF, I would STRONGLY recommend that you attend one of the more successful ones first, just to see what it is all about. You won't be sorry you did, and it just may be a life-changing event!

Best Regards,

Astrohog
astrohog is offline Find More Posts by astrohog
Old 01-07-2013, 12:47 PM
Find More Posts by racinjasonr4
United States, AR, Springdale
Joined Jan 2006
468 Posts
Wooohooo!!!! I am so ready!!!!
racinjasonr4 is offline Find More Posts by racinjasonr4
Old 01-07-2013, 12:51 PM
Find More Posts by Jkoch713
Hermit
Joined Jan 2008
1,607 Posts
I am happy to see Aero-works sponsoring the events.
I bid you successful events, and large revenue returns to Aero-works for taking on a expensive
gesture...
Jkoch713 is offline Find More Posts by Jkoch713
Old 01-07-2013, 01:00 PM
Find More Posts by ericb
Team WTFO
USA, SD, Worthing
Joined Mar 2006
9,612 Posts
Awesome. Way to go Aeroworks.
ericb is offline Find More Posts by ericb
Old 01-07-2013, 01:11 PM
Find More Posts by SleepyC
USA, OH, Aurora
Joined Jan 2006
30,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohog View Post
Here's a little HF info for ya:

FG doesn't "stop by" your field to put on a Huckfest. It would probably be a good idea for you to check out the application/requirements to host a Huckfest. Hosting a successful Huckfest is a HUGE job that takes at least a handful of experienced, dedicated folks to pull it off. A Huckfest is not your ordinary fly-in and it requires much more coordination and planning (Huckfest Junkies sure are a needy bunch! ). After all, how do you keep a bunch of Hucking, partying, 3D junkies with A.D.D. entertained and happy for FOUR DAYS???? Before you entertain hosting a HF, I would STRONGLY recommend that you attend one of the more successful ones first, just to see what it is all about. You won't be sorry you did, and it just may be a life-changing event!

Best Regards,

Astrohog
Yep.. 100% agreed. it's a lot of work for the clubs hosting the events and the ones who were mega successful were the clubs who deserved to be! And this year we are being really picky with the clubs that will be hosting a show. This year is going to b STELLAR.
SleepyC is offline Find More Posts by SleepyC
Old 01-07-2013, 01:18 PM
Find More Posts by Brutimus
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
625 Posts
Aeroworks had ALWAYS stepped up and supported our many, and varied giant scale gas flying events over the decades including the TAS, XFC, and many more! They have been the title Sponsor of the Rocky Mountain 3D Throwdown since it's inception, and every IMAC event I have ever been to. I think it's awesome they are the new FG Huckfest title sponsor!

Viva Aeroworks! It's always good to see a local (for me) company going so far out of their way to be the #1 supporter of our hobby!
Brutimus is offline Find More Posts by Brutimus
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 01-07-2013, 01:21 PM
Find More Posts by Marmonstu
Joined Dec 2012
57 Posts
I plan to attend a couple HF this year and would like to thank AW for stepping up and making the commitment and investment. I have a couple AW planes and I think it will be great to see a professional well organized company involved. My experience with AW has always been great. I wouldn’t doubt it if we see some terrific giveaway’s by AW this year.

I hope Lodi does another HF this year. I really enjoyed last year but it was my first HF and nothing really stood out to me who the title sponsor was. If I was a sponsor I would want to take advantage of the events to promote my products. I would bet we will see more on location support from AW this year.

Thank you AW two
Marmonstu is offline Find More Posts by Marmonstu
Old 01-07-2013, 01:55 PM
Find More Posts by Jim T.
VIBE!
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Jan 2006
2,075 Posts
Thanks to Aero Works!
Jim T. is offline Find More Posts by Jim T.
Administrator
Old 01-07-2013, 02:02 PM
Find More Posts by Mark Dennis
Robot Babysitter
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Jan 2006
1,234 Posts
Thank you for all of the kind words guys! The Flying Giants Huckfest series is something that we are very excited to be a part of! Sleepy and I have had a lot of good discussions about these events and have come up with some really cool things that we can not wait to share with all of you. The 2013 Flying Giants/Aeroworks Huckfest series promises to be one of the best ones yet!

Thank You,
Mark Dennis
Aeroworks
Mark Dennis is offline Find More Posts by Mark Dennis
Old 01-07-2013, 02:19 PM
Find More Posts by Smacka
United States, PA, Ridgway
Joined Jun 2008
2,571 Posts
Good choice on the Title Sponsor...
Smacka is offline Find More Posts by Smacka
Old 01-07-2013, 02:22 PM
Find More Posts by sweetpea
If you can't HUCK it BLING IT!
United States, OH, Lebanon
Joined Jan 2006
11,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakwards View Post
I ran the Vegas Huckfest a few years back. Unless Newport News opens up overnight camping I would not reccommend having the Huckfest there. Pile on 60+ pilots on average all flying Giant Scale and our club just doesn't have the parking and pit space for all that right now.

There is also a $500 fee to host the Huckfest, though you should make most of that back with entry fee and food sales. My goal was a very minimal profit to the club with all other money going to prizes for the pilots so that they won as much as the entry fee.

I think our club at Newport News could do it, but it would take alot of work, promotion and experience to run the event. I just don't have the time right now to run one, let alone attend any (note: I missed Wetsnatchee twice so far ). Maybe in the next couple years we can work with the Park and the club to see the feasibility.

BTW: Congrats Aeroworks! Look forward to reading about what you have planned
sweetpea is offline Find More Posts by sweetpea
Old 01-07-2013, 03:29 PM
Find More Posts by Cryhavoc38
Living the dream
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Oct 2007
6,511 Posts
Awesome news to hear that AW is the Title Sponsor for the 2013 Huck season.
Very much looking forward to the Wenatchee Huck again!

And thank you to 3DHOBBYSHOP for your efforts and sponsorship for the past seasons
Cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by Cryhavoc38
Last edited by Cryhavoc38; 01-07-2013 at 03:51 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:38 PM
Find More Posts by Monster Energy
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2012
465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyC View Post
And this year we are being really picky with the clubs that will be hosting a show. This year is going to b STELLAR.
How many shows will be on the tour this year?
Monster Energy is offline Find More Posts by Monster Energy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)

Quick Reply