Old 02-13-2012, 09:33 PM
Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
IMAC NC ARD
Joined Jan 2009
11,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericb View Post
It's 2048.

do you have a link where that is posted?i was looking but couldn't find anything. i really wouldn't think they would go 1024.
jamesrxx951 is offline Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-13-2012, 10:15 PM
Find More Posts by 3daviator
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Jan 2006
1,373 Posts
Looks interesting. I'd like a lighter radio, my 12x weighs 42oz's, I don't fly with a neck strap now so a lighter radio would be nice.
Anyone know the weight of the DX-18 and the JR11X?
Does the DX-18 have triple rates?
3daviator is offline Find More Posts by 3daviator
Old 02-13-2012, 10:19 PM
Find More Posts by Efishensea
F - IT !!!!
United States, CA, San Clemente
Joined Jul 2008
1,204 Posts
It's gotta be lighter than the 12X Titanium Tanker Truck! And it says flight modes so ya! Triple rates for sure.
Efishensea is offline Find More Posts by Efishensea
Last edited by Efishensea; 02-13-2012 at 10:25 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:45 PM
Find More Posts by Jatrizzy
United States, TN, Sparta
Joined Jul 2011
1,224 Posts
I just wana fly!
Jatrizzy is offline Find More Posts by Jatrizzy
Old 02-13-2012, 11:46 PM
Find More Posts by Efishensea
F - IT !!!!
United States, CA, San Clemente
Joined Jul 2008
1,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatrizzy View Post
I just wana fly!
4 channel for you! Lol.
Efishensea is offline Find More Posts by Efishensea
Old 02-14-2012, 12:22 AM
Find More Posts by Jatrizzy
United States, TN, Sparta
Joined Jul 2011
1,224 Posts
Sweet! My old attack 4 coming out!
Jatrizzy is offline Find More Posts by Jatrizzy
Old 02-14-2012, 04:44 AM
Find More Posts by XJet
New Zealand
Joined Feb 2006
886 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by planecajun View Post
Actually, im guessing it was probably done as a marketing gimmick to make some people think it was somehow SAFER.
Kerching! Right on the money -- either that or Spektrum have a real problem.

No other 2.4GHz system (apart from Weatronics (which some say isn't so bullet proof anyway)) needs two transmitter antennas.

The reality is that Futaba, Airtronics and a bunch of others (including -- gasp! -- that cheap Chinese stuff) have been working just fine with one antenna.

I fly a "cheap Chinese" 2.4GHz system with a single antenna out to over 2Kms when FPVing and it works just fine without two transmitter antennas.

So, if the Chinese and Futaba can do it -- I wonder why Spektrum can't?

That's right -- it's just another "feature" designed by the marketing department to try and provide a point of difference in a market where all the contemporary 2.4GHz systems work just fine -- without gimmicks.

Next thing you know, Spektrum will be licensing Jim Drew's "patented spherical antenna" -- you know, the one that he never could show anyone and which he now seems to have dropped in favour of a good old dipole.

Come on Spektrum -- if you want to be taken seriously -- deliver good solid performance, not silly marketing gimmicks that even a 5-year-old can see right through.
XJet is offline Find More Posts by XJet
Old 02-14-2012, 08:21 AM
Find More Posts by CEThomas
My life needs editing.
United States, OH, Amanda
Joined Apr 2008
2,889 Posts
And all this time I thought the reason for the joint on our single antennas was to flip it 90 degrees so we were transmitting vertical and horizontal and Spektrum just made 2 small antennas so we did not have to flip our single antennas down..
CEThomas is offline Find More Posts by CEThomas
Last edited by CEThomas; 02-14-2012 at 08:53 AM.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:03 AM
Find More Posts by planecajun
United States, LA, Rayne
Joined Apr 2008
2,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJet View Post
Come on Spektrum -- if you want to be taken seriously -- deliver good solid performance, not silly marketing gimmicks that even a 5-year-old can see right through.
Efishensea doesnt think its a marketing gimmick.
planecajun is offline Find More Posts by planecajun
Old 02-14-2012, 09:08 AM
United States, LA, Rayne
Joined Apr 2008
2,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEThomas View Post
And all this time I thought the reason for the joint on our single antennas was to flip it 90 degrees so we were transmitting vertical and horizontal and Spektrum just made 2 small antennas so we did not have to flip our single antennas down..
actually, it has been thoroughly discussed on FG and 90 degrees was not considered optimum. lots were pointing antanna up at 90 degrees including me. It was stated by some mfg reps that the optimum placement of the antanna would be 1 click back toward the back of the radio.

regardless how you point it, if youre not pointing the very tip of the antanna at the airplane with the airplane within 10 feet of your position, you should be good. the cone of silence is very narrow and closes up rapidly once the waves propogate from it. just my 2 cents
Old 02-14-2012, 09:15 AM
Find More Posts by Siko_Flyer
Know God,no fear!
United States, TX, Tyler
Joined Jun 2007
3,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by planecajun View Post
Safer than an Aurora 9.........I might buy that. Safer than a futaba, JR, Airtronics? Hogwash!!!!!

This discussion should be about features, feel of the radio, native channels vs on and off.........Maybe the safety issue should be reserved for running 8 digital servos through that x-plus thing with power provided by a single servo plug.
Oh no you didn't Cajun,don't make me spend my hard earned money on gas for a drive up to coonazz land!!!!
Jeff Sikes
Siko_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Siko_Flyer
Old 02-14-2012, 09:46 AM
Find More Posts by mxcop
Team Extreme/Team Horizon
Tuckerton, N.J.
Joined Mar 2006
1,557 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJet View Post
Kerching! Right on the money -- either that or Spektrum have a real problem.

No other 2.4GHz system (apart from Weatronics (which some say isn't so bullet proof anyway)) needs two transmitter antennas.

The reality is that Futaba, Airtronics and a bunch of others (including -- gasp! -- that cheap Chinese stuff) have been working just fine with one antenna.

I fly a "cheap Chinese" 2.4GHz system with a single antenna out to over 2Kms when FPVing and it works just fine without two transmitter antennas.

So, if the Chinese and Futaba can do it -- I wonder why Spektrum can't?

That's right -- it's just another "feature" designed by the marketing department to try and provide a point of difference in a market where all the contemporary 2.4GHz systems work just fine -- without gimmicks.

Next thing you know, Spektrum will be licensing Jim Drew's "patented spherical antenna" -- you know, the one that he never could show anyone and which he now seems to have dropped in favour of a good old dipole.

Spektrum has delivered plenty of "good solid performance", there's no marketing gimmicks, just a system that works. Why be negative about this radio, why knock something they may actually be benificial to the user. I flew 1000's of flights on DSMX last year, close to 400 of those flights were at big events (SEFF/Joe Nall) and the system has worked flawlessly. If you don't like Spektrum for some reason then don't use the product, no one is forcing anyone to click on this thread or buy the product, there are plenty other brands out there, like the ones you mentioned, there's no sense in coming into this thread and bashing a product that you obviously don't intend on using.
mxcop is offline Find More Posts by mxcop
Old 02-14-2012, 10:03 AM
Find More Posts by STLAV8R
Team Twisted!
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Mar 2006
5,907 Posts
What features does the DX 18 have that the 12X doesn't have?
STLAV8R is offline Find More Posts by STLAV8R
Old 02-14-2012, 10:16 AM
Find More Posts by mxcop
Team Extreme/Team Horizon
Tuckerton, N.J.
Joined Mar 2006
1,557 Posts
I'll have one of these in my hands next week, I'll see if I can post some pictures of the different screen menu functions as well as get some more detailed information about the radio so I can answer some of the questions you guys have. This is of coarse if we have it on display at our Horizon booth at the WRAM show.

Lee
mxcop is offline Find More Posts by mxcop
Old 02-14-2012, 10:47 AM
United States, LA, Rayne
Joined Apr 2008
2,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siko_Flyer View Post
Oh no you didn't Cajun,don't make me spend my hard earned money on gas for a drive up to coonazz land!!!!
Jeff Sikes
Pump the brakes Jeff.....LOL I guess i should have also stated that i know people who have had zero issues with the A-9. the only reason i said "MIGHT" is because i have seen those with issues on the A-9. Not dogging on your radio, i know you love it.

Besides that.....gas is like $3.33 a gallon.......If youre gonna spend that kind of cash, bring a plane and lets huck. That would be way more fun than driving back to Texas beat up......LMAO

Quick Reply