logo
Old 04-23-2012, 09:16 PM
Find More Posts by 3flyguy3
Joined Apr 2012
20 Posts
What are the thoughts on Twisted Hobbies planes? I've seen these a while back but never looked at them really. I was just getting back into the sport at the time so I knew those were out of my league. But I see a lot of talk about them on the net.
3flyguy3 is offline Find More Posts by 3flyguy3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 04-23-2012, 11:19 PM
Find More Posts by 2walla
United States, WA, Walla Walla
Joined Apr 2007
3,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3flyguy3 View Post
2walla what would you suggest then?

wecoyote keep me posted. I'd be really interested in knowing what equipment he's running.
Here is what I have in the backseat of my truck right now.
DWfoamies 38" juka
Motor http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=2048
This is a copy of a hacker 20-20L. They are 13 vs 50 for the hacker.. They aren't as good as the hacker but are damn good for the money. You can grab them on ebay every now and then too. I usually use these for slowstick combat and try to have 2-3 around they are a great bulletproof motor as long as you dont plant it in the concrete wide open. Run an apc 10-4.7prop on it.. get some of the hobby king 10x4 apc style props while you are ordering..
Buy the hextronic hxg 500 or 900 servos they are 3 a piece and hard to beat- A heck of a lot better than 99% of the 15 servos you can get from hitec or eflite.. Buy 2-3 spares as you will strip one every now and then- they have good gears though and are tougher than the eflite and hitec small servos.
I am running a castle creations 25 amp speed control it is old but still works well. I had a couple of bad experiences with the elcheapo hobbyking speed controls causing crashes because of crappy bec- if someone can recommend a good cheap one that works well maybe consider it.. But 15-20 bucks extra here is probably well spent..
For a battery I am using sky 40c 800mah 3cell packs.. they were 5 a piece.. I have some 1300mah packs too but it flies a bit better with the lighter weight.. If you are just learning either will be fine.
Get a hot glue gun.. and some fast set gorilla glue... and some blue low tack and clear packaging tape.. you can fix most anything- if you want it really fast- glue gun. if you want it to look good- use the fast set gorilla glue and tape over it. If you aren't in a hurry use blue tape and pull it off after it dries-u can't see the joint and it is just as strong if not stronger as the foam. If you are in a hurry cover the joint with clear tape and start flying again in 15-20 min...

The juka actually flies like a plane-- most foamys do not.. If you can afford it, the 48 inch juka with a hacker a30 is awesome on a 3cell 2200mah pack. They just have a damn good design as far as flight charisterics but it is embarrising how much money you can get in it.. the 38 flies really good too- it can be a more hyper than the bigger one and get away from you faster.. but it is a log cheaper setup in the end..
2walla is offline Find More Posts by 2walla
Old 03-27-2014, 09:22 PM
Find More Posts by Rick1999
United States, WI, Milwaukee
Joined Sep 2008
1,767 Posts
Rick1999 is offline Find More Posts by Rick1999
Old 03-27-2014, 09:22 PM
Find More Posts by Rick1999
United States, WI, Milwaukee