Find More Posts by lxcoupe
Welcome to Costco. I love you.
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jan 2006
4,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooper View Post
Ah just ignore em Coupe.
You're right Snoop! Taint worth it. I don't know if i'll ever learn.
lxcoupe is offline Find More Posts by lxcoupe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-16-2012, 10:12 PM
Find More Posts by Snooper
Suspended Account
United States, NY, New York
Joined Jan 2012
89 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plane View Post
I ain't heard of 7950's going to uncommanded positons causing a crash.
Every one of your posts is intended to evoke emotion ....as there in Bob B's posts also. It is evident to me that you both thrive on turmoil . Take it some where else.

That goes for you too EddiePeels .
Snooper is offline Find More Posts by Snooper
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 02-16-2012, 10:35 PM
Find More Posts by plane
Gilbert, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
1,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunny View Post
Then what would you call the jittering in flight that is seen in the videos posted on this thread?
What part of 'causing a crash' don't you understand.
plane is offline Find More Posts by plane
Old 02-16-2012, 10:42 PM
Find More Posts by plane
Gilbert, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
1,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooper View Post
Every one of your posts is intended to evoke emotion ....as there in Bob B's posts also. It is evident to me that you both thrive on turmoil . Take it some where else.

That goes for you too EddiePeels .
Hey Tavis, Buttface, Snooper, give it a rest already. If anyone even slightly brings up a point counter to yours you're all over them with words like 'take it somewhere else' or 'troll'.

You have a total of 29 posts dude.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:01 PM
Find More Posts by dunny
Grass Grower Extrodinare
United States, CA, Stanford
Joined Aug 2006
362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plane View Post
What part of 'causing a crash' don't you understand.
Not even worth a response
dunny is offline Find More Posts by dunny
Old 02-16-2012, 11:10 PM
Find More Posts by plane
Gilbert, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
1,424 Posts
Quote:
Not even worth a response
That's right, because the answer is ZERO
Old 02-17-2012, 12:09 AM
Find More Posts by Bob B
Mtplesant Pa.
Joined May 2006
100 Posts
just a point because of this thred i changed my 7950 hitec servoes in my pilot sbach to 6030 spectrum i hand NO problems from the hitec but the spectrums gitterd from the get go so i put the 7950 back in by the way the specturem servoes are made by savox
Bob B is offline Find More Posts by Bob B
Old 02-17-2012, 02:09 AM
Find More Posts by Mike 48
Super Contributor
United States, CA, Indio
Joined Jul 2010
296 Posts
I've been following this thread for several months now and have not made any comments. I find many of the comments here quite ridiculous. I will agree that some of the 79xx series servos are having problems and I will acknowledge the 79xx series are pretty expensive. So I can understand that those folks who have spend money on them can be very upset that their servos aren't working like they should. I would be too. When someone buys a product and it doesn't work as it should or they are not satisfied with how that company deals with the problem, they can become quite vocal about it. That is what I am seeing here. I think the handful of guys here who are bashing Hitec are hoping for one of two things. The bad publicity will either cause Hitec to come up with a fix that satisfies everyone or the loss of sales due to the bad publicity will cause them to find a satisfiable fix.

Only the people at Hitec know if their sales have gone down due to this series of servos having issues. You guys who claim they are hurting can't possibly know that for a fact as you wouldn't have access to their monthly or quarterly profit/loss sheets. You guys also can't possibly know what percentage of people who have bought the 79xx series servos have problems or not, or even how many thousands of these servos have been sold. Nor can you say for certain that those who have them that are working well will have issues with them down the road. No doubt some will develop the jitters but then again some will never develop the jitters.

As far as the fix from Rachel goes, I suspect Hitec will consider if it is cost effective or not to use it. I would hope that they do but I'm sure it will be strictly a business decision. A software solution is far less expensive to them than a recall of 79xx's to do a hardware fix. And if they did a hardware fix, how many thousands of servos would be returned to them even though they were not jittering. They were returned for an fix just for the sake of an update.

I know this sounds like I'm trying to defend Hitec and will probably rile the complainers. I do believe those who have had unsatisfactory performance from their servos have a legitimate complaint to Hitec.
I think Hitec should do the right thing but the right thing may not be in the best interest of why a company is in business which is to make money.

Okay, I'm done now. Back to business as usual.
Mike 48 is offline Find More Posts by Mike 48
Old 02-17-2012, 02:42 AM
Find More Posts by EddiePeels
Joined Feb 2012
102 Posts
EddiePeels is offline Find More Posts by EddiePeels
Old 02-17-2012, 02:43 AM
Joined Feb 2012
102 Posts
Quote:
I would respectfully disagree with you on this. Peoples lives ARE on the line if they have something that fails to move a control surface where it is commanded to go and it fails and they know there is better than a reasonable chance of failure. And BTW, better do your research on where the servos are built.
If you truly believed lives were at stake you would not fly any giant scale airplane.
Last edited by EddiePeels; 02-17-2012 at 03:46 AM.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:08 AM
Find More Posts by Snooper
Suspended Account
United States, NY, New York
Joined Jan 2012
89 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 48 View Post
Only the people at Hitec know if their sales have gone down due to this series of servos having issues. You guys who claim they are hurting can't possibly know that for a fact as you wouldn't have access to their monthly or quarterly profit/loss sheets. .
Nevermind..
Snooper is offline Find More Posts by Snooper
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 02-17-2012, 06:47 PM
Find More Posts by Boomhauer
YOU HAVE BEEN OFFICIALLY TAGGED!
Arkansas
Joined Oct 2006
1,472 Posts
I'll still order Hitec Servos
Boomhauer is offline Find More Posts by Boomhauer
Old 02-18-2012, 09:08 AM
Find More Posts by BeverleyFlyer
Australia, WA, Midland
Joined Aug 2010
2,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddiePeels View Post
That is nonsense Beverly, DA Australia sell the Hitecs cheaper than the equivalent JR or most Futaba servo's, use tower coupons and you can get them for bargain prices. The fact DA Australia sell your so called faulty servos says something does it not, what does it say about DA if they are selling you faulty servos. DA stand behind one product but not another, is that not an oxymoron. That argument does not wash with me and I find DA an excellent shop, I would not mind hearing from Richo with how many returns DA have had with the Hitec range.
Ok Maybe i should correct my previous stement to saying in Western Australia the HITECS are almost on par with the eqivelent futaba and jr servos, As for DA australia selling Hitec I can't comment coz i have never purchased any of them, And it is not upto DA Australia to sort out problems with HITEC that is upto the importer. My comment about DA Australia was with the motors only as that is what they import they buy the servos of the australian importers.
BeverleyFlyer is offline Find More Posts by BeverleyFlyer
Old 02-18-2012, 09:33 AM
Find More Posts by BeverleyFlyer
Australia, WA, Midland
Joined Aug 2010
2,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 48 View Post
I've been following this thread for several months now and have not made any comments. I find many of the comments here quite ridiculous. I will agree that some of the 79xx series servos are having problems and I will acknowledge the 79xx series are pretty expensive. So I can understand that those folks who have spend money on them can be very upset that their servos aren't working like they should. I would be too. When someone buys a product and it doesn't work as it should or they are not satisfied with how that company deals with the problem, they can become quite vocal about it. That is what I am seeing here. I think the handful of guys here who are bashing Hitec are hoping for one of two things. The bad publicity will either cause Hitec to come up with a fix that satisfies everyone or the loss of sales due to the bad publicity will cause them to find a satisfiable fix.

Only the people at Hitec know if their sales have gone down due to this series of servos having issues. You guys who claim they are hurting can't possibly know that for a fact as you wouldn't have access to their monthly or quarterly profit/loss sheets. You guys also can't possibly know what percentage of people who have bought the 79xx series servos have problems or not, or even how many thousands of these servos have been sold. Nor can you say for certain that those who have them that are working well will have issues with them down the road. No doubt some will develop the jitters but then again some will never develop the jitters.

As far as the fix from Rachel goes, I suspect Hitec will consider if it is cost effective or not to use it. I would hope that they do but I'm sure it will be strictly a business decision. A software solution is far less expensive to them than a recall of 79xx's to do a hardware fix. And if they did a hardware fix, how many thousands of servos would be returned to them even though they were not jittering. They were returned for an fix just for the sake of an update.

I know this sounds like I'm trying to defend Hitec and will probably rile the complainers. I do believe those who have had unsatisfactory performance from their servos have a legitimate complaint to Hitec.
I think Hitec should do the right thing but the right thing may not be in the best interest of why a company is in business which is to make money.

Okay, I'm done now. Back to business as usual.
The tests originally done by MrsR showed that there was a problem with some of the components on the board will will result in failure sometime anyone that knows anything about electronics will know this will happen.
I do hope HITEC gets their act together and sorts out the problems with their servos Because there are alot of people out there that like using them I however will never buy another hitec servo again even if they do find a fix I have lost all trust in hitec servos.
BeverleyFlyer is offline Find More Posts by BeverleyFlyer
Old 02-18-2012, 03:58 PM
Joined Feb 2012
102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeverleyFlyer View Post
Ok Maybe i should correct my previous stement to saying in Western Australia the HITECS are almost on par with the eqivelent futaba and jr servos, As for DA australia selling Hitec I can't comment coz i have never purchased any of them, And it is not upto DA Australia to sort out problems with HITEC that is upto the importer. My comment about DA Australia was with the motors only as that is what they import they buy the servos of the australian importers.
You can not have your cake and eat it though, DA Australia are either a good shop or they are not, do they sell and stand by engines but do not stand by and sell faulty servos. You say they stand by the engines and that is great but if you believe there is a problem with Hitec servo's, then why does DA as your reputable shop sell them. It is up to DA to sell what they like, if they have a large number of returns on the Hitec line I do not think they would continue to sell them, nothing to do with the importer.

I do not mean to upset you Beverly and you obviously have had a problem with a Hitec servo but I see this all the time. A person has a bad experience with a product and they get blinkers and show anger and resentment towards all the companies products. I have seen this with consumer electronics, motor vehicles, you name it, every company has a dud every now and then. If you want to look at statistical data a person like yourself skews the data and it is why it is better look at the mode and not the mean. Again just pointing out your argument is flawed but do not feel to bad, it is not your fault it is human nature.
Last edited by EddiePeels; 02-18-2012 at 04:21 PM.

Quick Reply