logo
Old 03-29-2009, 07:08 PM
Find More Posts by Kevin B
Oklahoma
Joined Aug 2006
647 Posts
Re: 60% BH EXTRA, HOW BIG IS TOO BIG ?

Snap, any chance it will be making a trip to the Heatwave???
Kevin B is offline Find More Posts by Kevin B
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 03-29-2009, 07:09 PM
Find More Posts by 3Dguy
Lurker
Antioch, Tennessee, USA
Joined Jan 2008
14,179 Posts

Snap, Bill Hempel says this plane can do full throttle downlines. Could you try one on the next flight?! Let's hear that 3W scream!
3Dguy is offline Find More Posts by 3Dguy
Old 03-29-2009, 07:20 PM
Find More Posts by zoomer260
Louisville,KY
Joined Jun 2006
3,052 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikka View Post
Congrats Elie.
I'm glad to see everything went well, and I look forward to see this model in action at the CT Huckfest. I can't wait to get there.
Like I told you, only have small 46% and 40% planes to fly, and here is a pic of me from yesterday at our field.
From obvious reasons, I had to stop flying after a while

I wish I could recommend to you a good therapist. But they just suck $$$ like the lawyers.

That said I thought there was a time I had the "Plane Thing" BAD.

I was wrong.
zoomer260 is offline Find More Posts by zoomer260
Old 03-29-2009, 07:29 PM
Find More Posts by Bunky F. Knuckle
Just your Average Joe.
Joined Jan 2006
9,237 Posts

RollingHarrier. The Kid Rock track suits Elie quite well!!! GREAT CHOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dig the hard rock stuff.

Elie, if you are going to have the headers welded again, you may want to clean them throughout. And then possibly sleeve over where the break is in the header. The aluminum that 3W uses isn't the greatest. Something to consider is to build a set of KS headers and get the right drop you need. The KS stuff is Stainless Steel, and can be TIG welded, and you can put in a piece of flex in the header to keep this from happening again.
Bunky F. Knuckle is offline Find More Posts by Bunky F. Knuckle
Old 03-29-2009, 07:31 PM
Find More Posts by zoomer260
Louisville,KY
Joined Jun 2006
3,052 Posts

Made it to the end of the thread something like fifteen pages behind due to my phone being out for what 3 days ?

Super plane and super flight Snap ! That rolling harrier I assume was it's first. Very smooth..

Now. All it needs is for that big ass white spot(s) on the wing to be filled with Apollo Lorans to tribute to the first and only real 260.

Not to crack on the vid but us motor heads think that the engine is the only music a plane vid needs. Really, we are interested a lot in the way the engine is behaving. Still a great vid though but I wonder if I will get to hear the engine.
zoomer260 is offline Find More Posts by zoomer260
Old 03-29-2009, 07:48 PM
Find More Posts by Cracky
WHATS CRACKALAKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wentzville, MO
Joined Jan 2006
9,312 Posts

The videos were just fine. Thanks for putting the effort forth and sharing with the community.......
Cracky is offline Find More Posts by Cracky
Old 03-29-2009, 08:19 PM
Find More Posts by cbk07
Mouth Runner
United States, CT, Farmington
Joined Jan 2006
1,735 Posts

Thanks man!
cbk07 is online now Find More Posts by cbk07
Old 03-29-2009, 08:39 PM
Find More Posts by robertp17
United States, MD, Warwick
Joined Sep 2007
1,407 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by snap a saurus View Post
Good question, after ruining the motor for a range check, a 6 to 7 minutes First flight and a 12 minute second flight, I recharged the batteries yesterday and each took 2100 mah, the packs have 4400 mah capacity so I am figuring 1000 mah per flight per pack, I would make 2 flights and charge, that's on the safe side.
I will continue to monitor the batteries now that I feel comfortable with the plane and will start the real hucking..
You may want to check them after 1 flight of serious huckin.... if it took 1000mah just flying around I cant imagine what its going to draw out of the batteries when you really start pushing it. Better safe than sorry.
robertp17 is offline Find More Posts by robertp17
Old 03-29-2009, 08:41 PM
Find More Posts by ShortBus
Workin' the pole
Hopewell Jct, NY
Joined Jan 2006
4,483 Posts

If your batteries are draining that much, why not add 1 or 2 more? You wont notice the weight
ShortBus is offline Find More Posts by ShortBus
Old 03-29-2009, 08:53 PM
Find More Posts by SmoothFlying
Suspended Account
United States, OK, Bethel
Joined Jan 2006
5,049 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pickle View Post
First I wanna say thanks for posting a vid.

But I wanna give ya two thumbs down for RUINING the video with TOO LOUD of music!!! If ya absolutly had to have some music then 'softly' in the background some lynard skynard or something along that line would have been more appropriate, and not this SCREAMIN at the top o yur lungs cut your wrists bang your head against the wall immature wannabe music crap!
I mean C'mon after over 600 some odd posts I am quite sure most of the MANY many people watching this thread tuning in daily would have LOVED to hear what kind of power the bird took to get off the ground or what the engine even sounds like!!! Yeh yeh you 'interrupted' your music to let us hear the engine for a few seconds 'of low fly by's w/no throttle' I guess we did get to hear the performance for 1 upline The music has it's place but NOT in a maiden video of such a HIGHLY anticipated flight!
There's my 2 cents- Sorry Elie, dont mean to hurt anyones feelings here - I just had to voice my opinion ( I'm sure for alot of others too) on what I feel was such a wasted but potentially good video.
Mr. Pickle, put a pickle in that pie hole. Next time you want an awesome video done, drive up and do it yourself. I'm sure Elie wouldnt have minded you taking some vids. Unless you did it yourself keep your comments to yourself. If you want to hear the motor, go to one of the events Elie goes to. He does go to a ton of them.
SmoothFlying is offline Find More Posts by SmoothFlying
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 03-29-2009, 09:08 PM
Find More Posts by RollingHarrier
RC 'Aholic!
United States, CT, Westbrook
Joined Jan 2006
2,175 Posts

Quote:
You clearly missed the point, if you read it correctly you would of read that it is not really about music selection- let me make it easy for ya to understand- you totally drowned out everything we all would have been interested in hearing, & If there were cuss words blank em out, very simple to do.
I didn't miss your point at all. If the song were Lynard Skynard we wouldn't be having this discussion. BTW, The song I picked had no profanity oops I mean cuss words...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk07 View Post
Funny, you guys whine for hours that you want us to drop everything so YOU all can see video of the plane flying....then bitch about the video. Awesome!!!! Granted, mine was supposed to be something funny Elie and I thought up which backfired. Trust me, there was literally hours of useless conversation which with all of the editing would have made no sense at all had it been left in

Last video I will be sharing for a while....how about you Jim???
I hear ya Craig.. but I've gotten PM's supporting the video and my 1st amendment right to free speech so I won't be under minded by a few.
RollingHarrier is offline Find More Posts by RollingHarrier
Old 03-29-2009, 09:09 PM
Find More Posts by snap a saurus
United States, MA, Dighton
Joined Jan 2006
8,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingHarrier View Post
You're Welcome.
I use music I like to hear. If you don't like it, turn it down. Very simple to do.
Jim, I can't thank you enough for taking the time to make the video and for making the trip Twice to my house a 2 hour drive to help me finish the plane and mostly for the chicken stick that I used it to start Bob instead of starting the engine.

Quote:
Funny, you guys whine for hours that you want us to drop everything so YOU all can see video of the plane flying....then bitch about the video. Awesome!!!! Granted, mine was supposed to be something funny Elie and I thought up which backfired. Trust me, there was literally hours of useless conversation which with all of the editing would have made no sense at all had it been left in

Last video I will be sharing for a while....how about you Jim???
Craig, you can't do that, we will be making more videos and having more fun, just go check the ratings and that will tell you if they like it or not. Every time we go out flying we have the best time, i enjoy all my friends company and I can't thank you enough for all that you do for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50%plane View Post
I liked the video.

There will always be haters. For instance, on Youtube, I had a couple folks rating my videos poorly and commenting about how stupid I was for having music because the engine is better music for an RC video. My opinion is that whoever took the time to make the video shouldn't be flamed over a difference in opinion. JMHO though.....

Snap, great job! beautiful plane!

Chris
Thanks Fiddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dguy View Post
Snap, Bill Hempel says this plane can do full throttle downlines. Could you try one on the next flight?! Let's hear that 3W scream!
Next flight I will, believe it or not the plane is strong enough to handle any maneuver the average 40% can handle.
snap a saurus is offline Find More Posts by snap a saurus
Old 03-29-2009, 09:30 PM
Find More Posts by snap a saurus
United States, MA, Dighton
Joined Jan 2006
8,337 Posts

Quote:
Snap, any chance it will be making a trip to the Heatwave???
Kevin, I wish I lived closer but that trip is probably over a 20 hour drive which makes it impractical, Tim is a good friend I wish I could go but thanks for the interest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky F. Knuckle View Post
RollingHarrier. The Kid Rock track suits Elie quite well!!! GREAT CHOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dig the hard rock stuff.

Elie, if you are going to have the headers welded again, you may want to clean them throughout. And then possibly sleeve over where the break is in the header. The aluminum that 3W uses isn't the greatest. Something to consider is to build a set of KS headers and get the right drop you need. The KS stuff is Stainless Steel, and can be TIG welded, and you can put in a piece of flex in the header to keep this from happening again.
Chris, I am going to have the welder reinforce them One way or another, as for the K&S headers how can I do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomer260 View Post
Made it to the end of the thread something like fifteen pages behind due to my phone being out for what 3 days ?

Super plane and super flight Snap ! That rolling harrier I assume was it's first. Very smooth..

Now. All it needs is for that big ass white spot(s) on the wing to be filled with Apollo Lorans to tribute to the first and only real 260.

Not to crack on the vid but us motor heads think that the engine is the only music a plane vid needs. Really, we are interested a lot in the way the engine is behaving. Still a great vid though but I wonder if I will get to hear the engine.
Zoomer haven't decided on the graphics yet but still looking for ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracky View Post
The videos were just fine. Thanks for putting the effort forth and sharing with the community.......
Yes thank you.

Quote:
Thanks man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertp17 View Post
You may want to check them after 1 flight of serious huckin.... if it took 1000mah just flying around I cant imagine what its going to draw out of the batteries when you really start pushing it. Better safe than sorry.
Robert, I agree especially that my batteries are 4400mah, if 1500 is used per hucking flight, that makes for a total of 3000 mah now is that ok on a 4400mah, anybody knows?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortBus View Post
If your batteries are draining that much, why not add 1 or 2 more? You wont notice the weight
These batteries are big, they are Lithium Manganese 4400mah, I think I can get 2 flights, they can be fast charged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamFlatout View Post
Mr. Pickle, put a pickle in that pie hole. Next time you want an awesome video done, drive up and do it yourself. I'm sure Elie wouldnt have minded you taking some vids. Unless you did it yourself keep your comments to yourself. If you want to hear the motor, go to one of the events Elie goes to. He does go to a ton of them.
Chris, I will see you at the Nall, don't forget my control line cox powered airplane.
snap a saurus is offline Find More Posts by snap a saurus
Old 03-29-2009, 09:41 PM
Find More Posts by Mr.Pickle
Suspended Account
Greenville SC
Joined May 2006
1,064 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamFlatout View Post
Wow, how do I respond to such immaturity! I know how I would like to respond! but I will let that one go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingHarrier View Post
I didn't miss your point at all. If the song were Lynard Skynard we wouldn't be having this discussion. BTW, The song I picked had no profanity oops I mean cuss words...
Wow to you too. you really do not get any of what I was trying to say!! Know what I really dont care at this point!
To anyone who took offense, please chill out and relax gentlemen. No harm was meant, No foul thrown. I saw a 'bunch' of posts requesting to hear what was going on and I felt the same way so I thought I would post the same thing and refrained from doing so but then the second vid got louder, coincedence? I dont really care, all I was saying was IMO I would have liked to hear it without any music, I dont need a crap load of opinion police jumpin down MY throat about it when a handful of us have voiced their 'opinion' too.
I really could care less if it was a cinderella musicbox chiming away or KORN mashing it up, I threw out Lynard cause thats what I like, and yes I'm also allowed to have an opinion.

So I will once again say Thank you for your vid And I will also repeat my first response to the vids - SWEET!!!
Mr.Pickle is offline Find More Posts by Mr.Pickle
Last edited by Mr.Pickle; 03-29-2009 at 09:49 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 03-29-2009, 09:53 PM
Find More Posts by robertp17
United States, MD, Warwick
Joined Sep 2007
1,407 Posts

Quote:
Wow, how do I respond to such immaturity! I know how I would like to respond! but I will let that one go!

Wow to you too. you really do not get any of what I was trying to say!! Know what I really dont care at this point!
To anyone who took offense, please chill out and relax gentlemen. No harm was meant, No foul thrown. I saw a 'bunch' of posts requesting to hear what was going on and I felt the same way so I thought I would post the same thing and refrained from doing so but then the second vid got louder, coincedence? I dont really care, all I was saying was IMO I would have liked to hear it without any music, I dont need a crap load of opinion police jumpin down MY throat about it when a handful of us have voiced their 'opinion' too.
I really could care less if it was cinderella musicbox chiming away or KORN mashing it up, I threw out Lynard cause thats what I like, and yes I'm also allowed to have an opinion.

So I will once again say Thank you for your vid And I will also repeat my first response to the vids - SWEET!!!
You know what they say about opinions.... I liked the vid, I like the plane. I agree, the sound of that big 3w is awesome. Some want to hear the engine, some want to hear lynyrd skynyrd, some want cinderella but most of all we all want to see that big azz mofo down on the deck huckin it up so lets see what Elie brings to the table for us. By the way, my 35%er seems like a little glow plane next to that thing.
robertp17 is offline Find More Posts by robertp17

Quick Reply