logo
Old 01-13-2013, 11:33 AM
Find More Posts by joshuapaulguidry
United States, LA, Breaux Bridge
Joined Jan 2012
186 Posts

I just purchased some 7950 new from LHS 1 and out of 3 was bad it could not find center i am glade the LHS took it back
joshuapaulguidry is offline Find More Posts by joshuapaulguidry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 01-13-2013, 03:52 PM
Find More Posts by The Drunk
Joined Jan 2013
127 Posts
That hobby shop might'a been hold'n old stock (pre-V2 update) . If theyr in a clear plastic box theyr V2s ...If theyr in a blue plastic box they'r the old junk and you should takem BACK *slams fist down on table* ALL OF'EM!!
*shot guns a beer*
The Drunk is offline Find More Posts by The Drunk
Last edited by The Drunk; 01-13-2013 at 04:04 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:03 PM
Find More Posts by BuzzL
DoD
Joined Aug 2010
77 Posts
My 7950 rudder servo on 2s lipo works purrrfect.
Got one bad 7954 tho... Sudden jumps.. And its brand new.
This servo is in the tail = long extension..
BuzzL is offline Find More Posts by BuzzL
Old 01-13-2013, 04:06 PM
Joined Jan 2013
127 Posts
I'd like to know if anyones had trouble ....with the 7950s that came in a clear box......*burrrp*
Sound Burp (Eructo) (0 min 4 sec)
Last edited by The Drunk; 01-13-2013 at 08:16 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:22 PM
Find More Posts by ghoffman
United States, FL, Jupiter
Joined Nov 2009
11,566 Posts
My friend Don went to the AMA show in CA yesterday. He stopped by Hitec, and asked if they had fixed the 7950 yet. They told him to add Velcro on the rudder!
ghoffman is online now Find More Posts by ghoffman
Old 01-13-2013, 04:26 PM
Joined Jan 2013
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoffman View Post
My friend Don went to the AMA show in CA yesterday. He stopped by Hitec, and asked if they had fixed the 7950 yet. They told him to add Velcro on the rudder!
*spoken in Chris Hansen tones*
The response he was looking for was.. "Yes as a mater of fact we fixed all the issues"
But the response he got was very indirect indead ...wasn't it?
Last edited by The Drunk; 01-13-2013 at 04:46 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:04 AM
Find More Posts by Mrs R
The Flying Mum
Australia, New South Wales, Tamworth
Joined Apr 2011
216 Posts
Has anyone started the Mods yet. I'm have a problem with my batch email system, those who wanted an email in the last 3 weeks did you get it.

ALL THE BEST
Rachael
Mrs R is offline Find More Posts by Mrs R
Old 01-21-2013, 09:28 AM
Find More Posts by littlecrankshaft
Joined Dec 2007
2,457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs R View Post
Has anyone started the Mods yet. I'm have a problem with my batch email system, those who wanted an email in the last 3 weeks did you get it.

ALL THE BEST
Rachael
Yes Rachael, I got your emails... Thank you very, very much!!!

I've been out of town and real busy lately but I have read through your last email a few times... sorry for not emailing you back sooner.

Have yet to get an actual servo in front of me to gain a better understanding of exactly what I'll be doing or run down any of the parts... I am sure I'll have a few questions as I get started but I have one now. Will this correct issues with an already "jittering" 7950... or as I expect, will the potentiometer need replacing as well??

Thanks so much for your help.
littlecrankshaft is offline Find More Posts by littlecrankshaft
Old 01-23-2013, 11:20 AM
Find More Posts by Mrs R
The Flying Mum
Australia, New South Wales, Tamworth
Joined Apr 2011
216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecrankshaft View Post
Yes Rachael, I got your emails... Thank you very, very much!!!

I've been out of town and real busy lately but I have read through your last email a few times... sorry for not emailing you back sooner.

Have yet to get an actual servo in front of me to gain a better understanding of exactly what I'll be doing or run down any of the parts... I am sure I'll have a few questions as I get started but I have one now. Will this correct issues with an already "jittering" 7950... or as I expect, will the potentiometer need replacing as well??

Thanks so much for your help.
You may have to squirt some Circuit Board Cleaner into the Pot. The fix will stop all the problems found so far.

Rachael
Mrs R is offline Find More Posts by Mrs R
Old 01-23-2013, 01:19 PM
Find More Posts by littlecrankshaft
Joined Dec 2007
2,457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs R View Post
You may have to squirt some Circuit Board Cleaner into the Pot. The fix will stop all the problems found so far.

Rachael
Rachael,

Thank you again! Can hardly wait to get started now.

Mark
littlecrankshaft is offline Find More Posts by littlecrankshaft
Old 01-28-2013, 08:34 AM
Joined Jan 2013
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Mayberry View Post
FYI: Cut and paste from TFC... http://www.teamflyingcircus.com/foru.../index101.html

So far I like the V2s allot . No jitter at all or glitching on 10' leads (as long as Spectum signal voltage boosters are not used!) Work great with NO boosters but use the ones Hitec provided just incase. I was using the same leads and Spectrum signal voltage boosters that I had with the old 7950s and never had "Glitching". They actually made it stop like there supposed to.
I haven't flown yet.

New V2 Servos are all back in the Dalton . I just discovered the Spectrum signal voltage boosters make them glitch like no one has ever seen. You would have to see it to believe it. Rapid full deflection glitching like 50 degrees rapid fire continuously.
ONLY Spectrum brand signal voltage boosters make them act this way. Only on long leads .and only when there plugged in at the servo end like 6'' from the servo. And only run directly to the receiver (no power expander). With Power expan you need a magnifying glass to see the random glitching. So the Expander masks the incompatibility issue.

Take the signal boosters off and they work great on long leads. Put a Hitec signal voltage booster on and they still work great.

Now I am speculating that my Transmitter is going loopy with the separate issue I am having setting up my EQ10 on the other plane (ratchety servo resolution) So it is possible the transmitter could be the cause of ALL the wacky stuff going on with both planes.
I'm sending it in for service.

From what I have seen sofar I'm confident the servos will test out to be trouble free . I'm disregarding the spectrum booster thing above because I think they are just incompatible with the new version servos. Besides they work great without boosters. They are smooth and center really tight and precise. They don't even jitter on the rudder. I just cant make them jitter the slightest bit... and on fully charged lips 8.V !

I did ask MM if I could use the Spectrum ones and he was very adamant and said "USE THE ONES PROVIDED BY HITEC" If you have one that glitches. Not all of them do it only some. Like I said I'm using them on the long leads just incase as a preventative measure.

These servos don't even have minimal load jitter at all they just make a slight singing sound with the wight of the control surface . No mater how I flick the surfaces I can't get them to go into that perpetual motion oscillation....totaly killing my evil plan to destroy Hitec!!!
Post#469 http://www.teamflyingcircus.com/foru...7/index47.html
It has now been confirmed the EQ10 was causing the issues on the plane using Futaba BLS157s and not the radio . Swithed to a JR system and still have the same rachety servo travel using the EQ10 but fine with out it. There never was anything wrong with the transmitter. Others are now reporting issues with there EQ10s the same also.
Haven't got more than 3 flights on the V2s yet.So far so good. Time will tell. Fingers crossed.
Last edited by The Drunk; 01-28-2013 at 08:39 AM.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:33 AM
Find More Posts by Pittsflyboy
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Dec 2006
1,651 Posts
Any problems with the EQ-6?
Pittsflyboy is offline Find More Posts by Pittsflyboy
Old 01-29-2013, 08:18 PM
Joined Jan 2013
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittsflyboy View Post
Any problems with the EQ-6?
Yep, same complaints from several I've spoke to.

Most people don't complain or express consern to the manufacturer...so nothing will prolly ever be done about it. I didn't like it and voiced my experience... Bob R. is a good guy . He is not denying this issue exists ...he doesn't know why and gave me my money back. He is very supportive in customer relations and will make sure you are happy too. I will still purchase his products but just not the EQs.
If enough people expressed concern about this issue I'm sure Bob would find a solution. But like I said most people just go with the flow excepting what there dealt.. or just move on.
If he'd handled this like Hitec I'd have been driven to resolve the issue .
I'm happy to say Bob and I are in very good standing.
Last edited by The Drunk; 01-29-2013 at 08:56 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:18 AM
Find More Posts by Smacka
United States, PA, Ridgway
Joined Jun 2008
2,571 Posts
So, how is it that this thread was hijacked by an EQ issue with Futaba servos???? It appears Mike Mayberry hired some "Drunk" to derail the thread in an effort to take the focus of Hitec?
Smacka is offline Find More Posts by Smacka
Old 01-30-2013, 06:23 AM
Joined Jan 2013
127 Posts
Just stating that the transmitter was not the reason for the issue I had with the 7950s.

Quick Reply