logo
Old 12-12-2006, 11:16 AM
Find More Posts by Bunky F. Knuckle
Just your Average Joe.
Joined Jan 2006
9,237 Posts
E-Flite 260

Here will be some pics, and a little story about the E-Flite (H9) 260 foamy. First off, I have to say that I FORGOT to start taking pics at the beginning. But rest assured, this is a VERY complete kit. All you need for for finishing is 4 servos, Rx, ESC, and B-Less motor. I used the NEW Spektrum DX-7 Tx. WHAT A Tx!!!! Alot better than the DX-6!! The 7 is a MUST HAVE!!!! Take that to the bank!!

Anyways, more stuff I used, E-Flite 75 servos(4), CC T-Bird 9A ESC, AXI 2208/34 with a 10x4.7 GWS prop. I usually run the APC props, but not this weekend! I have to give props to Animal Jesky. He took some pics of me HUCKIN' in the hotel room, after I had completely outfitted the 260. Animal, great time in Tulsa!!!!

There are EZ connectors that come with the kit. I do NOT like them, nor will use them!! I have lost airplanes due to that damn little pin coming out of the conector, not the screw coming loose. I used Z bends all the way around!! A Z bend NEVER fails!! Anyways, onto some pics........

1st pic here is all of the goodies!!! Servos, ESC, battery, pushrods, all the fixin's!!!!

2nd pic is the naked airframe, top side. Didn't occur to me to take the bottom side , but you will see it later!!

Next shows some Carbon Fibre Bracing and control horns!!

Next is MORE BRACING!! Note that all the carbon bracing is CUT at the FCTORY!!! Pushrods are made at the FACTORY. When I said earier that this is COMPLETE, it is COMPLETE!!!

Last here is the LG area. Hot Melt works wonders here!!!

That's it for this post.......... More to come!!!!!!!
Bunky F. Knuckle is offline Find More Posts by Bunky F. Knuckle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 12-12-2006, 11:41 AM
Just your Average Joe.
Joined Jan 2006
9,237 Posts
Re: E-Flite 260

To finish up here, I've got about 6 more pics I'm going to load.

Lets start off here with the aileron control. I like to use all Z bends!! EZ Connectors are JUNK like Sleepy and Poppel!!! I ended up losing half of them or throwing them away..... Once I made my Z bend, I took off the servo control horn, and put the horn on the pushrod, and put the other end in the control surface horn. VERY EASY to do!!!

Next we have more Z bends!! Some may ask me how I make my Z bends. Well, VERY easy!! You have 2 options. Buy a set of 1/32" Z benders, or use needle nose pliers. Since I have Z benders here at home, and I was OUT OF TOWN, I chose to make them with needle nose pliers. It is a little looser, but works just as well!! What I mean by looser, is that the Z is a little bit taller than if I were to make them with the Z benders. No biggie!!!

Next, getting CLOSE!!! I am installing the Rx, I do wish now that I had placed the Rx further back on the wing, or on the side of the fuse. Thats ok, my buddy GodSpeed(Dennis) can do that if he so desires!!! Note the AR6000!!! Only way to fly indoors!! All the servos are plugged into the Rx, and room is still there to get the ESC pluged in!! Nice tight fit!!!

Here we have the DX-7!!! BADASS!!!!!!! In Snap's (Elie) terms!!! Nuf sed!!!

Now how about a little indoor HOTEL room HUCKIN'???? First how about hovering and TR'ing!! This thing hover NICE!!! VERY Neutral, virtually hands off. Set the throttle, and just watch!!! Then we have a HALF pic of the airplane in an Inverted Harrier inside the ROOM!!! I used a TP 480 3S pack. Now, I'm not much of a TP fan, but the 480 on the AXI 2208/34 has some punch to it!! I did place the pack right in front of the Rx to get the right horiz. balance.

Lastle, my overall impressions. The kit is WAY over built!!! I was discussing this with Animal. Remove a layer of 3mm depron on the front end of the fuse. Remove some of the carbon from the front as well!! Just my opinion there. If you have a lighter airframe, you have less inertia. Which means???? Less damage upon impact!!! I think that George Hicks designed this with the outdoor flyer in mind, but yet small enough to fly indoors! Kudos there!! Flies really good straight and level. KE flight required some pitch coupling. Now, to get the pitch coupling as close to ZERO as possible, I would end up placing the battery on the fuse, just under the Rx.

All in all, it is a great little bird!!! I would recommend it to anyone wanting a TRUE QUICK BUILD!!! I think that I had everything done in 3 1/2 hours??? It has alot to offer for the cost of the kit!!!

Enjoy, and fire questions!!!

Bunk~
Old 12-12-2006, 03:19 PM
Find More Posts by Vic3D
Suspended Account
Puerto Rico, Caguas, Caguas
Joined Jan 2006
5,011 Posts

Nice foamy!

Is that a Comfort Inn?
Vic3D is offline Find More Posts by Vic3D
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 12-12-2006, 08:43 PM
Find More Posts by TimDavie
Tulsa, OK
Joined Jan 2006
1,184 Posts

and Gallagher. I just saw him two months ago w/ the sledge-o-matic.

nice plane too.
TimDavie is offline Find More Posts by TimDavie
Old 12-12-2006, 11:33 PM
Just your Average Joe.
Joined Jan 2006
9,237 Posts

No, Vic. It is a Raddison. Right there along the road at Tulsa International. It is a KICKIN' hotel!!!

Just a few more notes on the build that I didn't put in earlier.

I ended up changing out the servo arms for a LONGER arm. Gotta have that MASSIVE throw!!! With the ailerons moving around 55 deg +, roll rates are NUCLEAR FAST!!!!!! I changed all servo arms while I did the ailerons. There is just something about having LOTS of throw on a foamy........ I had a rougher than normal landing on a flight, and the axle rotated in the hollow carbon rod for the LG. So, just a quick drop of foamy safe glue fixed here right up!! I did it to both sides for a little more security.

It is also set up already for VP. In some of the above pics, youcan see a servo cut out in the fuse for the servo, as well as the pushrod for the VP system!! Now, that is NICE!!!!

I wish I had more flying pics........ I would definately post them!!!

Later!!!
Old 12-12-2006, 11:38 PM
Just your Average Joe.
Joined Jan 2006
9,237 Posts

Tim!!! Glad to hear from ya!!! Yeah, Gallagher KICKS ASS!!! And the Sledge-A-Matic too................

Hows things your way??? Not to drift on my thread here, but time for me to change my avitar, AGAIN!!!
Old 12-13-2006, 03:34 AM
Find More Posts by Flatlandman
Your my boy Blue!!!1
Lexington Kentucky U.S.A.
Joined Jan 2006
4,698 Posts

I have one-o-deese but i used their smaller motor for it. Is their any special reasons for not using the smaller stuff on it like 2204-54 motor and smaller servos or did you just use what ya had around?

I have been wondering about the 2203 motors to. Its to small for this one but maybe you have tried it.
Flatlandman is offline Find More Posts by Flatlandman
Old 12-13-2006, 09:01 AM
Find More Posts by 3Dman
Israel
Joined Jan 2006
303 Posts

Wow! that's a nice plane!!!

3Dman
3Dman is offline Find More Posts by 3Dman
Old 12-13-2006, 10:08 AM
Find More Posts by exeter_acres
Our society is collapsing
Johns Creek, GA
Joined Jan 2006
8,711 Posts

Whats the AUW on this thing?
exeter_acres is offline Find More Posts by exeter_acres
Old 12-13-2006, 12:12 PM
Just your Average Joe.
Joined Jan 2006
9,237 Posts

I wanted to go with the AXI 2204-54, but didn't have any avail. to me. So, my motto is "Use what you have available to you!!" Also, wanted to usethe NEW S60 servos, but didn't have any either. So, yes, it is going to be a bit heavier than what it could be.

I never actually weighed it, but the way it flew, it flew like it was 9.5 to 10oz. Still flies really good at the heavier weight!!

Bunk~
Old 12-13-2006, 09:43 PM
Find More Posts by katana
um...
Bega N.S.W Australia
Joined Jan 2006
214 Posts

nice looking foamy
i like that colour scheme
katana is offline Find More Posts by katana
Old 01-07-2007, 12:59 AM
Jr.
Find More Posts by Jr.
Jr.
Fly inverted
United States, FL, Pompano Beach
Joined Mar 2006
119 Posts

How did the weight work out with your set-up. I am working on making it lighter for my next one. Think i can shave some weight on my modified version.
Jr. is offline Find More Posts by Jr.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:11 PM
Just your Average Joe.
Joined Jan 2006
9,237 Posts

Go for it!!!! Add it into this thread!!!!!
Old 01-07-2007, 08:45 PM
Jr.
Find More Posts by Jr.
Jr.
Fly inverted
United States, FL, Pompano Beach
Joined Mar 2006
119 Posts

Modified E-flite Extra 260

6mm Fuse - .030 carbon for bracing
3mm shockies - .030 carbon for bracing
3mm wing - 3mm flat carbon in the wing - .050 carbon wing bracing
Horizontial stab - 3mm flat carbon - .030 and .040 for bracing
Stock landing gear for now, might change
Single aileron servo

AXI 2204/54
APC 8x3.8
Berg 4L
Futaba S3110 - 3
CC Pheonix 10
Thunder power - 3S 480

Hope to get some pics up on the build, should come out lighter than stock
Jr. is offline Find More Posts by Jr.
Last edited by Jr.; 01-13-2007 at 07:02 PM.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:53 PM
Find More Posts by bodywerks
Tucson
Joined Jan 2006
5,341 Posts

I have one of these with the park 300, cc10 esc, berg 4 rx, tp480 3s, 2-S60's for the elevator and rudder and 1-S75 for the ailerons. AUW is 7.25 ounces...just goes to show how much weight one can save with different equipment choices.
BTW, Bunky, I'm right with you on nixing the EZ connectors, although I mostly just didn't use them to save weight.
bodywerks is offline Find More Posts by bodywerks

Quick Reply