logo
Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2016, 07:11 PM
DaleD is offline
Find More Posts by DaleD
Jamin
Jamaica, St James Parish, Montego Bay
Joined Dec 2009
535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal the Ace View Post
anyone have a spare 61 muffler laying around?

neal
Not using mine but you'd probably be better served trying to find someone in the US. I could send it to you but it will take a while from Jamaica.
DaleD is offline Find More Posts by DaleD
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 07:15 PM
Neal the Ace is offline
Find More Posts by Neal the Ace
Registered User
Neal the Ace's Avatar
Joined Jul 2011
2,506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleD View Post
Not using mine but you'd probably be better served trying to find someone in the US. I could send it to you but it will take a while from Jamaica.
Thank you sir, i appreciate it but i actually found one

Now i can work on getting the new plane airborne! its going too rock with the 61 on it.
Neal the Ace is offline Find More Posts by Neal the Ace
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 07:09 AM
clivem is offline
Find More Posts by clivem
Registered User
clivem's Avatar
South Africa, KZN, Pietermaritzburg
Joined Nov 2009
971 Posts
To all our South African Customers - this year we have Fergus coming out here for an awesome event at Walker Bay Radio Flyers in Hermanus. Both Fergus and Martin Pickering will be at this event. Of course we will have a huge stand there with everything GP available on it. We look forward to seeing you there!!!!
clivem is offline Find More Posts by clivem
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 01:07 PM
leo3d is offline
Find More Posts by leo3d
Registered User
Argentina
Joined Jan 2006
40 Posts
Has anybody tryied with 3 bladed props? I want a no ripping prop for imac.
leo3d is offline Find More Posts by leo3d
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 02:40 PM
PickeringRc is offline
Find More Posts by PickeringRc
PickeringRc
PickeringRc's Avatar
Torrevieja
Joined Jan 2006
238 Posts
Its going to be a great show, can't wait to put the planes and the GP's through their paces!!
Pedal to the metal and fly it like Fergus wasnt watching!!
PickeringRc is offline Find More Posts by PickeringRc
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 06:46 PM
Capt. Roll is offline
Find More Posts by Capt. Roll
Registered User
Capt. Roll's Avatar
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Oct 2011
1,085 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leo3d View Post
Has anybody tryied with 3 bladed props? I want a no ripping prop for imac.
Biela 26X12X3 on my 104" EF Extra 300 is awesome! Zero prop rip and plenty of speed.
Capt. Roll is offline Find More Posts by Capt. Roll
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 11:31 AM
leo3d is offline
Find More Posts by leo3d
Registered User
Argentina
Joined Jan 2006
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Roll View Post
Biela 26X12X3 on my 104" EF Extra 300 is awesome! Zero prop rip and plenty of speed.
Thanks I'll try it! how many rpm? with it?
leo3d is offline Find More Posts by leo3d
Last edited by leo3d; 01-30-2016 at 11:44 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 04:02 PM
Capt. Roll is offline
Find More Posts by Capt. Roll
Registered User
Capt. Roll's Avatar
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Oct 2011
1,085 Posts
Last time I measured rpm's was August.

GP123; 5640 rpm with Biela 26X12X3 Carbon Fiber, measured on the ground

Stock GP exhaust
approx 7.5 gallons of fuel thru engine and a little over 10 hours run time
708 feet ASL
Air temp 88F
93 octane pump gas with Redline Racing @ 40:1
Idle rpm set at 1300

Didn't retune the engine, still starting easily with good transition and power. Lost about 1000 rpm versus the Falcon two blade and did loose some top end speed. However the pull is excellent on an upline and the overall speed is much more consistent.
Capt. Roll is offline Find More Posts by Capt. Roll
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 04:09 PM
bhughes is online now
Find More Posts by bhughes
TROUT FARM FLYER AKA BERTABOY
bhughes's Avatar
Canada, AB
Joined Jun 2013
758 Posts
Uploading a vid right now (could be a while internet is slow) of the 27/11 cf falcon on a 123
bhughes is online now Find More Posts by bhughes
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 07:22 PM
bhughes is online now
Find More Posts by bhughes
TROUT FARM FLYER AKA BERTABOY
bhughes's Avatar
Canada, AB
Joined Jun 2013
758 Posts
Aeroplus 111" edge gp 123 rear exit hype...
Faster then expected
bhughes is online now Find More Posts by bhughes
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 05:36 AM
bbrown2828 is online now
Find More Posts by bbrown2828
3d Bash Sept 8th-11th
bbrown2828's Avatar
United States, AR, Paragould
Joined May 2010
2,384 Posts
So whats everyone opions on the gp123 v3.. I had a v2 but sold it last year after it got back from service after losing compression on one side.. Flew it for about 1.5 years with kick A$$ power only had a few tuning problems?? Im thinking about getting another one to put on my 105 Laser
bbrown2828 is online now Find More Posts by bbrown2828
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 12:40 PM
leo3d is offline
Find More Posts by leo3d
Registered User
Argentina
Joined Jan 2006
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Roll View Post
Last time I measured rpm's was August.

GP123; 5640 rpm with Biela 26X12X3 Carbon Fiber, measured on the ground

Stock GP exhaust
approx 7.5 gallons of fuel thru engine and a little over 10 hours run time
708 feet ASL
Air temp 88F
93 octane pump gas with Redline Racing @ 40:1
Idle rpm set at 1300

Didn't retune the engine, still starting easily with good transition and power. Lost about 1000 rpm versus the Falcon two blade and did loose some top end speed. However the pull is excellent on an upline and the overall speed is much more consistent.
Thaks! I'll try one.
leo3d is offline Find More Posts by leo3d
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 07:34 AM
clivem is offline
Find More Posts by clivem
Registered User
clivem's Avatar
South Africa, KZN, Pietermaritzburg
Joined Nov 2009
971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrown2828 View Post
So whats everyone opions on the gp123 v3.. I had a v2 but sold it last year after it got back from service after losing compression on one side.. Flew it for about 1.5 years with kick A$$ power only had a few tuning problems?? Im thinking about getting another one to put on my 105 Laser
there is no V3 motor. the V2 is still the current one. the latest ones do have new cylinders which are no different to before other than a higher quality, higher tolerance spec cylinder, from a new supplier.
clivem is offline Find More Posts by clivem
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 07:45 AM
clivem is offline
Find More Posts by clivem
Registered User
clivem's Avatar
South Africa, KZN, Pietermaritzburg
Joined Nov 2009
971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leo3d View Post
Thaks! I'll try one.
I'm running the falcon 26x12x3blade carbon at approx 5850rpm, also lost 1000 rpm from the 2 blade 28x10. My main field is at 3300ft asl but this past weekend flew a comp at 5000ft asl, still pulls well even in strong winds at this altitude.
clivem is offline Find More Posts by clivem
Last edited by clivem; 02-09-2016 at 10:52 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 09:27 AM
jaync is online now
Find More Posts by jaync
Registered User
jaync's Avatar
United States, NC, Havelock
Joined Nov 2014
1,099 Posts
Anyone have a GP61 in stock. Would like to try one on a profile plane I'm about to build. Thanks
jaync is online now Find More Posts by jaync
Reply With Quote



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
rcdogie
Thread Tools