Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 10-03-2013, 12:54 PM
Find More Posts by littlecrankshaft
Joined Dec 2007
2,457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywagn180 View Post
I'm sorry to see that you had bad luck with this order. Sometimes things get mixed up and it seems unfair we have to jump through the hoops we do to make other's mistakes right. It should be their responsibility, but buying from overseas retailers is a risk. Most of the time we come out ahead and other times we don't.

The reason I'm posting here is because I'm not sure that some realize how offensive and irritating some of their responses can be. In this case we have an obviously frustrated peer that is looking to vent and get some feeling of good by spreading the word about a bad experience. Like hundreds of other similar threads out there, it takes only minutes for a few people to start making sarcastic and sometimes offensive comments. Some of these comments are challenging the persons credibility, intelligence or demenor. That kind of behavior is hurtful in the forums and at the field. This is our hobby and these are the people we share it with. I just ask that care is taken in how you listen and respond to posts. I felt bad for this person reading through this. Sharing advise and experiences is a great thing. That's why we are here. Telling someone they should have known better because of "____," isn't perceived as friendly, positive or helpful. I know it's easy to take things the wrong way in reading a hasty response to a post, but some of this just sounds full of hate. In most cases, the people probably don't think what they are writing sounds bad at the time...We have all been guilty of that at some point, but it happens too often in my opinion. I'm not trying to play Mom here. I'm saying this for my own good, as well as everyone else's. I just felt compelled to say something. I'm sure someone will have a charged response to this post, but realize I'm not point fingers at anyone. I'm just trying to help. We all love flying planes and are having fun doing it right?!
Great post. I think you understand how printed words can be taken wrong, even with all the smiley thingys...LOL I know I've been misinterpreted often because of a lack of proper wording and had the pleasures of enduring the brunt of critical responses...

Glad the OP took the time to air his difficulties and hopefully those that read here can garner a sense of how things really work.
littlecrankshaft is offline Find More Posts by littlecrankshaft
Old 10-03-2013, 02:34 PM
Find More Posts by Muttdog
United States, GA, Canton
Joined Feb 2013
2,826 Posts
Or if you paid with a credit card file a chargeback and document everything to date. Once a chargeback is filed, the seller has to step up to the plate or the credit card company takes care of it for them. I keep hearing about people paying to send stuff back when the order was faulty and that makes no sense to me. Vendor MUST take care of everything or you don't have to pay anything. I am a retailer and go through this from time to time. Trust me, they take the side of the customer over the seller at all costs.
Muttdog is offline Find More Posts by Muttdog
Old 10-03-2013, 05:12 PM
Find More Posts by aussiesteve
Clothed Account
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined May 2008
2,366 Posts
The unfortunate part about it is that the vendor in question is in a country where business laws and business ethics are very different to the laws and ethics (for the most part) found in places such as the USA. That vendor will probably say things along the lines of "You no happy - you send it back, we send new one - just like website say".

If they keep their paypal balance low to zero by transferring funds out of it, chances are that paypal won't recoupe the money for you (Paypal only pays back if there is money to be recouped in their account). Credit card companies work along similar lines.

Unfortunately, It's all about the fine print.

Let us know how you get on with the final result. But don't let a small item like a spinner ruin your day.
aussiesteve is offline Find More Posts by aussiesteve
Old 10-03-2013, 09:24 PM
Joined Feb 2013
2,826 Posts
Agreed but A chargeback is a very powerful tool credit card holders have regardless of where a vendor resides and laws they live under. it does not matter what a vendor says they did, it MUST be proven with documentation. Either way, I would go that route first before agreeing to pay for ship charges to some unknown part of the world where it may never be heard from again. Easy enough for them to say it never arrived, then what?
Old 10-11-2013, 02:12 PM
Find More Posts by anthony37110
Joined Oct 2012
15 Posts
I will refer to Paypal
anthony37110 is offline Find More Posts by anthony37110
Old 10-23-2013, 06:37 AM
Joined Oct 2012
15 Posts
Hello,

I opened a dispute with Paypal.

SHSHOPPY wants me to close my dispute before sending me a new spinner.

Should I wait until they send me the cone or I can trust them ?

Thank you
Old 10-23-2013, 06:39 AM
Joined Feb 2013
2,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony37110 View Post
Hello,

I opened a dispute with Paypal.

SHSHOPPY wants me to close my dispute before sending me a new spinner.

Should I wait until they send me the cone or I can trust them ?

Thank you
No absolutely not. Once you close a case, that's it your done. Tell them you will close the case as soon as the new item arrives.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:41 AM
Joined Oct 2012
15 Posts
Thank you so much !
Old 10-23-2013, 07:24 AM
Find More Posts by Capt. Roll
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Oct 2011
1,112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muttdog View Post
No absolutely not. Once you close a case, that's it your done. Tell them you will close the case as soon as the new item arrives.
Exactly.

Since you've opened the PayPal case, all correspondence with SDS should be through the PayPal dispute resolution process.......do not deal directly with SDS at this point.

Did they send you a direct email asking you to close the case?
Capt. Roll is online now Find More Posts by Capt. Roll
Last edited by Capt. Roll; 10-23-2013 at 07:53 AM.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:54 AM
Find More Posts by Giant_Scale_Gas
United States, FL, Spring Hill
Joined Sep 2012
248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony37110 View Post
It is disrespectful to respond to customer if he can still use something he did not order.

When you make a mistake, you try to repair it.

Why is it disrespectful?

You are jumping to conclusions, like so many buyers / customers do with online sales. Maybe the company would prefer to allow the customer to keep the item if he can use it on another airplane or project while saving the cost to return it?

I do that when a mistake is made. If we screw up, I will ask if they can still use an incorrect item, if they have a friend that can use it, etc. Sometimes it's not cost effective to return an item, especially an international order. It's cheaper in many cases to eat it and try and get that part to someone who can make use of it...
Giant_Scale_Gas is offline Find More Posts by Giant_Scale_Gas
Old 01-22-2019, 03:47 PM
Find More Posts by CaptRKO
Fly it like you stole it!
United States, TX, Kemah
Joined Dec 2009
445 Posts
I think I was ripped off by this place....

They still have a website ....but do not answer calls or customer service emails returned...

Anyone shed any lights on this ?
CaptRKO is offline Find More Posts by CaptRKO
Old 01-22-2019, 05:11 PM
Find More Posts by Festivus
I sponser JR
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2017
1,807 Posts
Its a typical China website, you order they ship you defective stuff, you own defective stuff forever. They do not answer emails except on leap years of the flying LLama if it ate grass on Tuesday wind blowing from South. Best thing you can try for warranty is credit card dispute. Good luck, I hope you did not loose much.
Festivus is offline Find More Posts by Festivus
Old 01-22-2019, 06:43 PM
Find More Posts by Helo1
Joined May 2009
481 Posts
Not true. I deal quite a bit with SDS China. They are better than most to deal with. I use their contact system and it work perfectly. Was able to fix my very few problem item on the ´chat ´ system they have. I understand the OP is pissed off, but SDS is a good company that offer a lots of goods at very reasonnable price. Keep in mind they are reseller. They do not make any product. If a product is defective, they need time to deal with it. It is not instant. Time zones and different work hours just make it a 2-3 days affair most of the time. BUT they always came trough and fixed it to my satisfaction.
Helo1 is offline Find More Posts by Helo1
Old 01-23-2019, 01:03 AM
Find More Posts by scootr
2 many planes 2 little time
United States, CA, Winchester
Joined Sep 2015
1,063 Posts
I have used SDS a few times over the last 5-6 years. Each time they sent me what I purchased. A very good company for the money.
Sorry to hear about the mix up. I'm sure they will make good on it if you give them a chance. Be polite, it's important in foreign trade. If you are rude they may not want to respond.
scootr is offline Find More Posts by scootr

Quick Reply