logo
Old 01-08-2012, 01:23 PM
Find More Posts by JCFLYR
Team Chaos
United States, MI, Mason
Joined Apr 2011
913 Posts
Any one else getting servo jitter on the MKS-767 hv? Just hooked up my first servo on the rudder of my 104 inch aj slick thru a smartfly eq-10 power expander on an A123 6.6 volt batt and the servo in dancing like Michael Jackson.
JCFLYR is offline Find More Posts by JCFLYR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 01-08-2012, 01:50 PM
Team Chaos
United States, MI, Mason
Joined Apr 2011
913 Posts
This is not good.

MKS767 HV servo thru EQ~10 power expader. Jitter (1 min 35 sec)
Old 01-08-2012, 02:17 PM
Find More Posts by superstocktx
Joined Apr 2009
2,548 Posts
I bought some MKS 1210's for a 30cc project(aileron/elevators)...one of them seems to have some centering issues. I had a futaba servo on the rudder in another plane that danced like that, I swapped it out with an Ace DS1015 and still had the same thing....I readjusted the pull/pull cables and the issue went away.
superstocktx is offline Find More Posts by superstocktx
Last edited by superstocktx; 01-08-2012 at 04:20 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:31 AM
Find More Posts by drewbags
Norwich, UK
Joined Mar 2006
502 Posts
I recently put some HV767s on the tail of my EF 110" Yak, 2 on the stabs and one on the rudder. I do get some jittering on the rudder pull-pull, but the stabs are rock solid and I am impressed by the power and precision of these servos in the air.

However, not sure why any jittering issues are highlighted on the rudder and not the stabs???
drewbags is offline Find More Posts by drewbags
Old 01-09-2012, 07:03 PM
Find More Posts by boggintuff
Sigh...really?
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Dec 2009
2,993 Posts
after seeing the jitter on JCFLYR's rudder in person, and some of the other reports...
my MKS servos just went back for a return. Gonna with what my gut and research showed originally...Savox
boggintuff is offline Find More Posts by boggintuff
Old 01-15-2012, 12:46 PM
Norwich, UK
Joined Mar 2006
502 Posts
I put a second 767 on my EF's rudder pull-pull and it is rock solid. No jittering on the ground and can really tell the difference in the air. As I mentioned in a previous post the elevators are rock solid and show no jittering at all.....
Old 01-15-2012, 01:42 PM
Find More Posts by smarks
Gravity Sucks!
Castle Rock, Colorado
Joined May 2006
484 Posts
Good to hear drewbags. Maybe you got a bad one the first time.
smarks is offline Find More Posts by smarks
Old 01-15-2012, 06:10 PM
Find More Posts by superstocktx
Joined Apr 2009
2,548 Posts
Been thinking pretty hard about it, I decided I'm not going to risk a new airframe with the MKS 1210's I bought. I've got another POS plane I will put them in and test the MKS' that way. Bought 4 of them(brand new) 2 of which have some slight centering issues..........................
superstocktx is offline Find More Posts by superstocktx
Old 01-15-2012, 07:30 PM
Team Chaos
United States, MI, Mason
Joined Apr 2011
913 Posts
I've heard the MKS servos don't really like the A-123s. Mine jittered bad on A-123 even after actuating the servo in both directions off of the rudder. Gonna' try the savox.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:56 AM
Norwich, UK
Joined Mar 2006
502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstocktx View Post
Been thinking pretty hard about it, I decided I'm not going to risk a new airframe with the MKS 1210's I bought. I've got another POS plane I will put them in and test the MKS' that way. Bought 4 of them(brand new) 2 of which have some slight centering issues..........................
From what I have seen there is no issue with the centring as such, but for some reason they don't seem to be happy on a surface that feedbacks like a rudder. I have seen it with 7955s and 9152s on a pull-pull as well, but on something like an elevator they are rock solid....

I am happy to keep on using them.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:55 AM
Find More Posts by WrongWayRC
Dot Com-ing it...
Ormond Beach, FL
Joined Sep 2008
4,091 Posts
Here is my MKS test bed.

The power is A123 on flight.

The throttle servo is DS1210 and the only jitters it gets is when I give them by hand.

The wings are DS660+ and rock solid. This 50cc airframe has the wing area of a 35% plane and the ailerons are huge. One customer uses HS 7945 on his wings[EDIT: on 7.4v battery] ad was getting some blow back at the higher speeds. Not so with the 660. In fact it is strong enough that I need to dial back my throws to keep up with the rollers as compared to the second identical plane with 5955's.

The HV767 are one on rudder one on elevator. They are flawless. Recently the elevator servo started to jitter. In the process of troubleshooting it I wanted to be sure before I sent it back.... I changed the 36 inch servo lead that my buddy had put in there when he put the plane together... generic 22 ga.... I found a JR 36 inch to make the jitters slightly less, then I went with a 20ga custom length (probably 28 inch) and the jitters are now gone. Not sure what happened there as the first bunch of flights on that first extension were flawless... now the servo works like it should.

WrongWayCam 55 and 60cc Laminar Wing Suhkoi from WrongWayRc (10 min 47 sec)
WrongWayRC is offline Find More Posts by WrongWayRC
Last edited by WrongWayRC; 01-16-2012 at 05:56 AM. Reason: edit in info
Old 01-16-2012, 11:30 AM
Find More Posts by smarks
Gravity Sucks!
Castle Rock, Colorado
Joined May 2006
484 Posts
One thing I have noticed with my 660s and not sure if this is indicative of all MKS servos but they seem to need a very clean signal from the Rx. I beleive length of leads and gauge may affect this. I am no expert but something I noticed when I put an ammeter in between the Rx and servos. I would get jitter because the ammeter dirtied up the signal. Without the meter they were fine.
smarks is offline Find More Posts by smarks

Quick Reply