Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > R/C Industry Connection > Vendor/Trader Talk
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 01-23-2011, 11:46 PM   #1
jcalcocer
Flyin' Around

Default New!!! W Hobbies in Spring, Tx. North of Houston...

I know it´s not common to hear that someone´s opening a new hobby shop with the current situation. But if you live in Houston´s north area (houston, conroe, willis, magnolia, spring, etc.), 5 minutes south of "The Woodlands", there´s this new radiocontrol hobby shop called W Hobbies. WoW!!. From beginners to advanced pilots, great inventory. The biggest surprise, carrying the full line of Aeroworks airplanes, DA all sizes and DLA Big Gas engines on their 3 sizes (32, 56, 112cc´s), DA Engines. Also, Traxxas and Losi cars, Boats, Blade, Align and Thunder Tiger Helicópters and more!!!. Stop by for a great time and Impressive customer service. The opening was on December !!!. Beautiful roomy shop, enough room inside to fly the new Night Vapor and the Combat Helis from Horizon!. Lots of fun tough!.

WHobbies
3730 FM2920 Suite 102
Spring, Tx. 77388
(281) 456-3655
jcalcocer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 12:08 AM   #2
Wayne
Learn how to work Kid.

Awards Showcase
FlyingGiants Good Dude Award: For stepping up to the plate, being a part of a fundraising effort for a good cause. Thank you. - Issue reason: Thank you very much for helping with the recent donation drive. Hall of Fame/Shame Award: FlyingGiant's Hall of Inductee - Issue reason: is a prolific community member, and self proclaimed master of hype. Wayne made a bet with Biff that he could take any thread topic to 15 pages, no problem. The cooking a hamburger thread was born. In less than 12 hours there were close to 200 replies -- A 
Total Awards: 2
Default Re: New!!! W Hobbies in Spring, Tx. North of Houston...

Best of luck Juan Carlos!
Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:22 AM   #3
Reefrus
Doo It! Doo It!

I had the pleasure to meet the staff of Whobbies at 2 of our recent club events, Angelo and Ray are super people and Angelo and his kids are great pilots also. The store is awesome and worth the drive from East Houston to the store. I will be a returning customer. Check them out if you are in the area they carry everything and super deals.
Reefrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 12:46 PM   #4
Texastbird
Super Contributor

Do they have the accessories I might need for giant scale? I hope to stop in next time I am up that way.
Texastbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 12:52 PM   #5
Reefrus
Doo It! Doo It!

I am sure they do, I spent about $800 in there the other day LOL. They have DA, DLA engines, Hitec, JR etc servos, Hanger 9 260, Sukhoi, Beast and others in stock. Worth a look
Reefrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:20 PM   #6
Jaybird
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

Good to know. I usually go to The Woodlands a couple times a year on buisness. Will give me something to do.
Jaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 01:58 PM   #7
GermanScott
Gettin' Lower!

I just called them , was looking for SWB servo arms, he seemed unfamiliar with them. Guess you'll only get you most basic items there.
GermanScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:32 PM   #8
Allrc
Flyin' Around

Well thats weird, everytime I've been there, they know the product and if I they don't they look up for the info on the computer. I haven't seen the SWB Servo Arms but I am sure they offer you some of the ones they have there like H9. It is a nice store with a great selection.
Allrc is offline   Reply With Quote