Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > Giant Scale Planes > Gas Engines
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 05-09-2013, 11:36 PM   #1711
TimBle
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

Quote: Originally Posted by flatspinjim
View Post
Lets see if your tune is the same when you spend 3500 bucks for a paper wieght. I'm not talking 200 dollar 22cc engines. Missing a whole summer of IMAC contests because you can't get an engine serviced blows big time.
Next time be a little more careful when you tell someone to grow up!!
Grow up, you sound like a whining ungrateful kid.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:21 AM   #1712
jerrysu29

Quote: Originally Posted by flatspinjim
View Post
The Mintor isn't mine, it's a friends. He does have a back up plane, but the big 4 cylinders are expensive.
I fly DA's...
So if you fly DA. Why are you here ? Are you here complaining for you friend about his Mintor ?
Old 05-10-2013, 06:33 AM   #1713
Mike 48
Super Contributor

Quote: Originally Posted by ajstoyz
View Post
Top Dawg has put all the Mintor stuff back on there web site. The Mintor 22cc shows up on there big banner.
I bought a Mintor 22 from Top Dawg last July, so it is a little less than one year old on a three year stated warranty. So far, it has run very well and no problems have surfaced.

A short while back, it was said that Top Dawg was no longer selling or doing any warranty work on any Mintor engine due to not getting any repair parts from the factory.

Now I see the above quote from ajstoyz saying TD is back in the game.

I, for one, would like to hear a comment from TD clarifying their relationship with Mintor. If my 22 develops a warranty issue within the three year period from date of purchase, will TD take care of it or am I SOL (sh*t outta luck).

I don't find shipping an engine back to Italy at my expense acceptable if it should require warranty service.

Mike 48
Mike 48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:53 AM   #1714
flatspinjim

Quote: Originally Posted by jerrysu29
View Post
So if you fly DA. Why are you here ? Are you here complaining for you friend about his Mintor ?
Because I was this close to buying a 220 for myself. If TD would have had one in stock I would have bought it. Make no mistake, when running right the 220 is a monster of an engine.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:29 AM   #1715
Captinjohn 2
on a vacation

Quote: Originally Posted by Mike 48
View Post
I bought a Mintor 22 from Top Dawg last July, so it is a little less than one year old on a three year stated warranty. So far, it has run very well and no problems have surfaced.

A short while back, it was said that Top Dawg was no longer selling or doing any warranty work on any Mintor engine due to not getting any repair parts from the factory.

Now I see the above quote from ajstoyz saying TD is back in the game.

I, for one, would like to hear a comment from TD clarifying their relationship with Mintor. If my 22 develops a warranty issue within the three year period from date of purchase, will TD take care of it or am I SOL (sh*t outta luck).

I don't find shipping an engine back to Italy at my expense acceptable if it should require warranty service.

Mike 48
Same here...it would be a good gesture for Top Dawg to let us know what his plans are about any warranty issue that may need attention.
Captinjohn 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:57 AM   #1716
TimBle

I believe TopDawg will make their own announcement as soon as all assurances are in place and the new deal is done and dusted. Sometimes even handshakes take time
Old 05-10-2013, 11:01 AM   #1717
SnowDog
Doo It! Doo It!

I would believe that...after all, why would they start selling the products again if they weren't going to do the warranty work...it just doesn't make sense otherwise. Patience is in order, besides, what do we have to lose by waiting instead of assuming?
SnowDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:07 AM   #1718
TimBle

yip, its in everyones interest to look for the best outcome possible. Shooting TDA or Mintor helps no one.