logo
Old 08-12-2015, 08:30 PM
Find More Posts by Ryan Smith
Joined Jan 2006
1,835 Posts
Hi Paul,

The Team JR forum is a private page for team members to interface, therefore is not available for normal consumers. If you're on Facebook, there is the 28X Owner's Club, and I can provide you with a link for that.

Best regards,

Ryan
Ryan Smith is offline Find More Posts by Ryan Smith
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 08-12-2015, 08:40 PM
Find More Posts by pkchapman
Because, it's not heavy enough
Shady Cove Or
Joined Sep 2009
847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Smith View Post
Hi Paul,

The Team JR forum is a private page for team members to interface, therefore is not available for normal consumers. If you're on Facebook, there is the 28X Owner's Club, and I can provide you with a link for that.

Best regards,

Ryan

Ryan
Thanks for the information.
Paul
pkchapman is offline Find More Posts by pkchapman
Old 08-12-2015, 09:10 PM
Find More Posts by Cryhavoc38
Living the dream
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Oct 2007
6,511 Posts
I don't think the radio is in anyway flawed. I think it seems like a great radio for JR fans/flyers.
The Futaba 18MZ had a pretty decent adoption rate given that a lot of contest flyers and others in general were previously using the 14MZ for a long time and so the 18MZ was a natural step up.

The 28X isn't replacing the previous JR flagship.
Its new as a flagship radio. So it will be adopted somewhat slower.
Cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by Cryhavoc38
Old 08-13-2015, 12:12 PM
Find More Posts by 5150flyer
Avoiding Fake News
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Mar 2007
1,753 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucandoit View Post
What was the difference to noticed when you switched to DMSS ??
When flying 3D on any sized plane, I feel more connected. It feels like you just upgraded to better centering and faster servos.

I had a Dx9 w/ DSMx and went to a xg11 thanks to Ryan Smith's input.
5150flyer is offline Find More Posts by 5150flyer
Old 08-13-2015, 02:22 PM
Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
IMAC NC ARD
Joined Jan 2009
11,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150flyer View Post
When flying 3D on any sized plane, I feel more connected. It feels like you just upgraded to better centering and faster servos.

I had a Dx9 w/ DSMx and went to a xg11 thanks to Ryan Smith's input.
I have heard and felt a better connection on precision flying ( at least the best I can do) and helis but I wondered if 3D you would feel any change. Mainly because of the extreme throws and fast paced nature of 3D. But knowing it is noticed is pretty cool. Im not a great 3D pilot by any means so I was uncertain of this aspect.
jamesrxx951 is offline Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
Old 08-13-2015, 03:36 PM
Find More Posts by 5150flyer
Avoiding Fake News
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Mar 2007
1,753 Posts
I notice DMSS when doing 3D more since I am working the servos a lot more. And sometimes I have to work them fast and hard not to take a dirt nap.
5150flyer is offline Find More Posts by 5150flyer
Old 08-13-2015, 03:56 PM
Find More Posts by Eganwp
Jesus saves!
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Feb 2009
1,025 Posts
I think it has more to do with the latency than it does the spread spektrum protocol...
Eganwp is offline Find More Posts by Eganwp
Old 08-13-2015, 04:56 PM
Find More Posts by edgarfov
Joined Dec 2010
131 Posts
well.. i read it all..
here are my few cents.. its simple. from where i come from , somewhere in the Mediterranean
we have enough crazy radio interference , b'cause the action never seizes (Lebanon\syria from the north...gaza from the south got the picture?)
Make a long story short. a good radio is very valued here, and u wont get a better benchmark any other place in the world i guess.. maybe near area 51.
The JR xg11 is f***** solid rock in terms of connection,thats my radio, I fly dirty 3D cant afford loosing single frame.. . friends around me got the 28x
all i can say is a big wow, cause the gimbles are bloody heaven. so here it is.
This DMSS realy made a difference. clean solid connection to the plane.
Like i said. u wont find a better benchmark in any other places in the world..
Maybe on a day when the sun burst huge solar blasts to earth.

cheers

edgar.
edgarfov is offline Find More Posts by edgarfov
Old 08-13-2015, 05:10 PM
Find More Posts by LaDon
United States, IA, Fort Dodge
Joined Nov 2011
514 Posts
I doubt it is caused by latency. The latency difference between radios is very very small. A millisecond is only a thousands of a second. Latency differences is only like between 11 mls and 20 usually so that is only 9 thousands of a sec. At 9 thousands of a sec if the heli is travelling at 60mph the latency would mean that if it was slower by that much it would have traveled approx. 8 tenths of an inch difference which is only a little over 3/4 of an inch. That is not much. You would have more latency in your brain and thumbs than that. My guess would be more on the order that as he is learning to fly harder then you work the servos harder. That happens as you progress.
LaDon is offline Find More Posts by LaDon
Old 08-13-2015, 06:45 PM
Find More Posts by Shaker
Doug Cronkhite
Joined Jan 2006
2,567 Posts
I'm incredibly happy with mine. The gimbals are just freaky smooth. Really hard to describe how nice they are. Programming is different, but with this much capability, there will be a learning curve. I'm OK with that.

Simple to use and incredibly powerful rarely go hand in hand. For doing basic model setup, the 28X is very easy to use. When you start getting into the really esoteric programming options, things get harder to grasp, but even then, when you setup things a few times, it becomes pretty quick.

As an example, on my F3J airplanes, I'm using 9 flight modes, coupled flap and aileron for roll, separate flap and aileron for flap/crow operation, elevator to flap mixing (camber change with elevator input), flap to elevator mixing (for landing flaps), aileron to rudder mixing, triple rates on all surfaces (that change with flight modes), 3 different expo settings (also in flight modes), 4 different differential modes, and a couple live mixing adjusters for fine tuning settings in-flight.

It took me several hours to do it the 1st time, but now I can probably get a flyable F3J setup done in about 40 minutes of total time.
Shaker is offline Find More Posts by Shaker
Old 08-22-2015, 01:50 PM
Find More Posts by Alkaline
United States, TX, Beaumont
Joined Mar 2010
1,896 Posts
Mine came in today, overall pretty nice! Anyone that has used an android phone will feel right at home at it uses a very similar navigation and handling element.

It is bigger than my 18mz and spectrum but feels solid. The Sticks feel the same as the futaba, which is fine, but I can't say I support the comments where people are saying they are soo much better... They aren't.

I wish they would have used a bit more power full hardware for the O.S. would have liked to see it at least use 1 GB ram with a dual core cpu, this would have made the navigation a bit more snappy, perhaps a future revision.

Overall though it is a quality radio with the most advanced O.S. out of any radio. 1 Thing that was bizarre is that you still need an SD card to install Updates, despite the fact that it has a web browser built in!

I will post more in the official JR thread.
Alkaline is offline Find More Posts by Alkaline
Old 08-22-2015, 01:59 PM
Find More Posts by Alkaline
United States, TX, Beaumont
Joined Mar 2010
1,896 Posts
Now for the reason for my first post on this thread:
https://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/...6&postcount=27

My total cost shipped paypal form RCJAPAN was $1710.00 usd delivered; I had $0.00 in taxes or tariffs or taxes and received my radio 3 days after it shipped from Japan (my USPS receipt is included as proof). I want to make it clear THIS IS THE EXACT SAME ITEM BEING SOLD BY JR AMERICAS no difference. Even the manual is in English and so are all the warnings. I would think that perhaps the U.S. manual may have Horizon/JR contact info on it, but other than that they are identical.

It is MODE 2, HELI version.

If you are considering ordering from Japan, my recommendation is to be sure to include the HS code 9503.00.0090 and make sure you include the words INFORMAL ENTRY and Model TOY RADIO CONTROLLER in the description of the invoice (as Wendy did on mine) this will ensure your items are not held up by customs. Yes the invoice included the full YEN amount of 196496 ($1575.00) no customs problems.

To me there is no justification for the $1000 difference in price; for some others it may be; either way, JR has done a great job on incorporating smart phone technology in this solidly built transmitter.
Alkaline is offline Find More Posts by Alkaline
Old 08-22-2015, 04:58 PM
Find More Posts by vatechguy3
United States, VA, Smithfield
Joined Jan 2006
2,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkaline View Post
Mine came in today, overall pretty nice! Anyone that has used an android phone will feel right at home at it uses a very similar navigation and handling element.

It is bigger than my 18mz and spectrum but feels solid. The Sticks feel the same as the futaba, which is fine, but I can't say I support the comments where people are saying they are soo much better... They aren't.

I wish they would have used a bit more power full hardware for the O.S. would have liked to see it at least use 1 GB ram with a dual core cpu, this would have made the navigation a bit more snappy, perhaps a future revision.

Overall though it is a quality radio with the most advanced O.S. out of any radio. 1 Thing that was bizarre is that you still need an SD card to install Updates, despite the fact that it has a web browser built in!

I will post more in the official JR thread.

Are you flying the 18mz, spectrum and the 28x??
Or have you had each of those at different times?
vatechguy3 is offline Find More Posts by vatechguy3
Old 11-26-2015, 10:11 PM
Find More Posts by gazzazh
Joined Jun 2010
53 Posts
Hi Guys,

I took a leap of faith and got the 28x , it came with firmware version.003
I am having this issue
the radio never shuts down even after more than 3 hours of sleep, which drain the battery.
I have two batteries installed. and after one day the voltage drops to 7.2 per battery.

Is there like an option to let it shut down ? The first battery i had to replace because it just died.

Thanks
gazzazh is offline Find More Posts by gazzazh
Old 11-26-2015, 10:56 PM
Find More Posts by wmat7039
SILVER FOX
United States, GA, Dallas
Joined Jan 2006
2,610 Posts
Mine still has firmware 002....
Try plugging in the charger... that should shut it down (hopefully)
Wayne
wmat7039 is offline Find More Posts by wmat7039

Quick Reply