logo
Old 11-17-2015, 09:39 AM
Find More Posts by uragano47812
Italy
Joined Jul 2007
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhughes View Post
The eme 60 is on its first revision. And in my opinion the first one didn't last long because people were over proping it and running to low of an oil mixture. That just my opinion though. I still have one of the original eme 60's first one in Canada from three years ago and it's still going strong.
Many thanks i'm quite unsure what to do as i said initially i was really oriented to EME but after hearing of rod and bearing problems... As i said i don't have much gas engine experience since i'm still with my first one which is a DLE-55.

What attract me of EME 60 is the price and performance over the DLE-61 but if i have to spent 100 less now and after regret it because i will spend them to repair the engine or to buy a new plane for a engine failure...
uragano47812 is offline Find More Posts by uragano47812
Old 11-17-2015, 09:44 AM
Find More Posts by funboy
Denver
Joined Aug 2006
3,742 Posts
The new ones are fine. Don't let old news ruin your day. BTW, be ready to take your new DLE apart to replace the reeds, and re surface the Reed block!
funboy is offline Find More Posts by funboy
Old 11-17-2015, 09:48 AM
Find More Posts by bhughes
TROUT FARM FLYER AKA BERTABOY
Canada, AB
Joined Jun 2013
764 Posts
Are they still doing that lolol. What is that 5 motors now in a row lolol
bhughes is offline Find More Posts by bhughes
Old 11-17-2015, 12:44 PM
Find More Posts by rab879
United States, NJ, Hammonton
Joined Oct 2008
16 Posts
The DLE 61 runs great out of the box, no need to do any mods.
rab879 is offline Find More Posts by rab879
Old 11-17-2015, 01:06 PM
Find More Posts by Truckracer
Des Moines, Iowa USA
Joined Nov 2007
2,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by funboy View Post
The new ones are fine. Don't let old news ruin your day. BTW, be ready to take your new DLE apart to replace the reeds, and re surface the Reed block!
funboy, you just made a great statement about old news then you contradicted yourself when referencing a DLE. None of my newer DLE engines have required any reed work and this includes a 35, 55, 61 and 85. They were all disassembled, inspected and looked just fine out of the box. Heck, my older DLE's required very little if any work and two of those engines just completed their 6th season.
Truckracer is online now Find More Posts by Truckracer
Old 11-17-2015, 01:37 PM
Find More Posts by funboy
Denver
Joined Aug 2006
3,742 Posts
Ok, in was thinking 120 and 222. My bad. I've got a couple 55's. One is fine, one not so much.
funboy is offline Find More Posts by funboy
Old 11-17-2015, 01:43 PM
Find More Posts by closetguy
United States, OH, Berlin Heights
Joined Jul 2006
3,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhughes View Post
The eme 60 is on its first revision. And in my opinion the first one didn't last long because people were over proping it and running to low of an oil mixture. That just my opinion though. I still have one of the original eme 60's first one in Canada from three years ago and it's still going strong.

I am still running my EME 60, one of the first batch of engines that Milehigh got in.
No problems at all been one of the most reliable engines I have.But I run Redline at 32:1 and a Xora 23-8 laminate too.I can't say that about the other three china engines I have or the two that are made in Tiwan.
closetguy is online now Find More Posts by closetguy