logo
Old 07-19-2017, 09:56 PM
Find More Posts by ktm fanatic
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2016
117 Posts
Discussion
Turbo regulator problem

Bought a turbo reg from the classifieds but cant get it to work properly. When a lipo is pluged into the input lead only 2.4 volts is coming out. The voltage adjuster does not change the output. Iam I doing something wrong or is the reg no good?
ktm fanatic is offline Find More Posts by ktm fanatic
Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 07-19-2017, 10:00 PM
Find More Posts by rcfly
United States, CA, Costa Mesa
Joined Jun 2015
1,449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktm fanatic View Post
Bought a turbo reg from the classifieds but cant get it to work properly. When a lipo is pluged into the input lead only 2.4 volts is coming out. The voltage adjuster does not change the output. Iam I doing something wrong or is the reg no good?
Do you have a picture of your test setup?
rcfly is offline Find More Posts by rcfly
Old 07-19-2017, 10:23 PM
Find More Posts by ktm fanatic
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2016
117 Posts
Battery lead plugged directly into the input. Volt meter connected to output. Also fan does not spin.
ktm fanatic is offline Find More Posts by ktm fanatic
Old 07-19-2017, 10:35 PM
Find More Posts by rcfly
United States, CA, Costa Mesa
Joined Jun 2015
1,449 Posts
Quote:
Battery lead plugged directly into the input. Volt meter connected to output. Also fan does not spin.
Yeah, fan is supposed to spin. If you're positive you're checking everything right, I'd send it in. SmartFly is great about service. If it's just the fan they can send you one to replace yourself. But, if it is the regulator then you'd need to send it in. I don't know what they charge out of warranty but it's probably not a lot. The owner, Bob, is a nice guy.
rcfly is offline Find More Posts by rcfly
Old 07-20-2017, 08:43 AM
Find More Posts by rrritchey
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Sep 2006
447 Posts
Sounds to me like the MOSFETs or the balancing resistors or both are blown. Not sure if it can be repaired. There have been several versions and if its older than 5 years I may not have the parts anymore. Also, to repair the MOSFETs and resistors is about a $50--$55 job. A LOT of labor involved.

Quote:
rrritchey is offline Find More Posts by rrritchey
Site Sponsor

Quick Reply