logo
Old 05-29-2012, 07:26 AM
Find More Posts by BalsaDust
Joined Aug 2011
2,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpilot82 View Post
Looking good!
Thanks. How much can I lighting the fuse up by adding more lighting holes to the fuse without sacrificing to much strength? I still want it to hold up if it has a rough landing. Also have you ever heard anything about SV engines? I found a SV 50cc twin and I just like the idea of a twin, and its reasonably priced.

http://www.valuehobby.com/hh-50cc-twin-engine.html
BalsaDust is offline Find More Posts by BalsaDust
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 05-29-2012, 07:40 AM
Find More Posts by rcpilot82
KAD Laser Cutting
Western, pa, usa
Joined Mar 2006
3,084 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbarnes0061 View Post
Thanks. How much can I lighting the fuse up by adding more lighting holes to the fuse without sacrificing to much strength? I still want it to hold up if it has a rough landing. Also have you ever heard anything about SV engines? I found a SV 50cc twin and I just like the idea of a twin, and its reasonably priced.

http://www.valuehobby.com/hh-50cc-twin-engine.html

There is not too much more to do for lightening on the fuse. Do the holes in the F1A,2A,3A formers and the canopy former but leave the sheeting on the sides solid.

As for the engines... you couldn't give me an SV engine after my experience with it. see the link below for an explination, has to be one of the worst made engines ever. Total POS.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...6#post20532678
rcpilot82 is offline Find More Posts by rcpilot82
Old 05-29-2012, 07:58 AM
Joined Aug 2011
2,421 Posts
Thanks for the advice, as I don't want to waste money on a motor. I asked as I have been unable to find any reviews on it, other than two short youtube video's of it running.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:39 PM
Joined Aug 2011
2,421 Posts
Question for you Rob. Yesterday after I had framed up the other fuse half I decided to dry fit the 2 sides with the formers just to get an idea of everything. I stick built former f6 to the plans but when assembled the the fuse halfs the fuse is missing about 3/4" to its width. I noticed as the hatch overlapped. Did that former just not get scaled correctly on the plans or am I doing something wrong? If you need I can post pictures but I am at work right now and do not have the pics with me.
Thanks
Old 05-30-2012, 07:19 AM
KAD Laser Cutting
Western, pa, usa
Joined Mar 2006
3,084 Posts
Quote:
Question for you Rob. Yesterday after I had framed up the other fuse half I decided to dry fit the 2 sides with the formers just to get an idea of everything. I stick built former f6 to the plans but when assembled the the fuse halfs the fuse is missing about 3/4" to its width. I noticed as the hatch overlapped. Did that former just not get scaled correctly on the plans or am I doing something wrong? If you need I can post pictures but I am at work right now and do not have the pics with me.
Thanks

That's a new one, I didn't have any issues with mine in that area. I am not sure how you built it but F6 is essentally the fuse sides with a top and bottom 3/8" sq section 7 3/8" long between the fuse sides. Then gussets are placed in the corners. you should have 8 1/8" out to out of the 3/8" sticks I believe.

Pics may help...
Old 05-31-2012, 09:45 PM
Joined Aug 2011
2,421 Posts
Ok Rob I found another engine was wondering if you knew anything about it? It is a CRRC GP50R 50cc. Here are 2 different links for it http://www.sdshobby.net/new-crrc-gp5...ine-p-548.html
http://www.maxfordusa.com/crrc26ccgasengine-1-1.aspx

It looks nice makes good power and Valley View Rc used to carry, not sure why they don't anymore though.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:29 PM
Find More Posts by terryscustom
Wood Butcher
United States, SD, Harrisburg
Joined Jan 2007
9,971 Posts
I've got one of those SV engines and it sounds cool, runs crappy and over heats in the air even un-cowled and tuned rich....stay away.

If you're looking for a good engine I've got a used very good DLE55 and a new in box DLE55 I'm looking to send along. I bought the new 55 for a project but am moving up to more larger airplanes. I'll sell it for $300 with free IBEC that I got from TBM last black Friday. The used one I'd sell for $250, very little time on that one, just selling off some of my 7-30% planes to make room for bigger stuff.
terryscustom is offline Find More Posts by terryscustom
Old 05-31-2012, 10:36 PM
Find More Posts by lakerider8
Fast Planes,Sleds,and Boats.
Clinton,Iowa
Joined Dec 2009
1,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by terryscustom View Post
I've got one of those SV engines and it sounds cool, runs crappy and over heats in the air even un-cowled and tuned rich....stay away.

If you're looking for a good engine I've got a used very good DLE55 and a new in box DLE55 I'm looking to send along. I bought the new 55 for a project but am moving up to more larger airplanes. I'll sell it for $300 with free IBEC that I got from TBM last black Friday. The used one I'd sell for $250, very little time on that one, just selling off some of my 7-30% planes to make room for bigger stuff.
Damn I just bought a new DLE55 for the Chipmunk.... I'm always a day late
lakerider8 is offline Find More Posts by lakerider8
Old 05-31-2012, 10:54 PM
Joined Aug 2011
2,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by terryscustom View Post

Now mind you I am still new to the gas engines but when you say IBEC thats the same thing as a ignition kill switch or am I wrong. and will that go with either the new or used engine or only the new.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:05 PM
Joined Aug 2011
2,421 Posts
Also is your used DLE completly broke in or is it still in that phase and what brand is the IBEC? Cause if I get this side job this coming weekend it I will then have the funds for it.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:24 PM
Joined Aug 2011
2,421 Posts
Got my wing tubes in yesterday. the 3/8 for the read stab fits good and tight in its socket but the 1 1/4 is a little loose. Is this a problem or should i say make a couple of wraps of scotch tape around it to snug it up? Also my forsetner bits are not quite the right size for the wing socket. Does anyone have a sugesting as to what to use to make the holes or should I just go one size smaller and sand to fit? If I went that rout I would say there is about 1/32 to 1/16 that would need to be removed all the way around and thats alot of pieces to have to do that to, but will if I have to. Thanks All in advance.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:10 AM
KAD Laser Cutting
Western, pa, usa
Joined Mar 2006
3,084 Posts
Quote:
Ok Rob I found another engine was wondering if you knew anything about it? It is a CRRC GP50R 50cc. Here are 2 different links for it http://www.sdshobby.net/new-crrc-gp5...ine-p-548.html
http://www.maxfordusa.com/crrc26ccgasengine-1-1.aspx

It looks nice makes good power and Valley View Rc used to carry, not sure why they don't anymore though.
I have no personal experience with that engine so I can't help you there.

for your wing tube holes, you could wrap a piece of sandpaper around the wing tube and carefully open up the holes so the phenolic tube fits. just dont push too hard or you can split your wing rib.

Did you ever figure out what was up with your F6 former??
Old 06-01-2012, 08:32 AM
Find More Posts by terryscustom
Wood Butcher
United States, SD, Harrisburg
Joined Jan 2007
9,971 Posts
PM sent
terryscustom is offline Find More Posts by terryscustom
Old 06-01-2012, 11:27 PM
Joined Aug 2011
2,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpilot82 View Post
I have no personal experience with that engine so I can't help you there.

for your wing tube holes, you could wrap a piece of sandpaper around the wing tube and carefully open up the holes so the phenolic tube fits. just dont push too hard or you can split your wing rib.

Did you ever figure out what was up with your F6 former??
No I did not figure it out I spoke with pete via email and he wasn't sure either so I just cut the top braces off and cut new ones to the right length
Old 06-02-2012, 11:17 PM
Find More Posts by lakerider8
Fast Planes,Sleds,and Boats.
Clinton,Iowa
Joined Dec 2009
1,222 Posts
Back to a computer for a bit. I'm out of town for an extended weekend. We were in Rockford,IL today at the airshow and watched Matt Chapman. That scheme shows very well in the air
lakerider8 is offline Find More Posts by lakerider8

Quick Reply