Old 01-03-2015, 12:09 AM
Find More Posts by Magenta
United States, VA, Merrifield
Joined Jun 2011
172 Posts
Discussion
Throttle curve

Hello,
i performed a throttle setup where i had the full range of motion from 0 to full throttle. However, when the motor was running i felt at 3/4 stick the motor was wide open. What is the general guide to setting up a throttle curve on the transmitter? thanks.
Magenta is offline Find More Posts by Magenta
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 01-03-2015, 12:43 AM
Find More Posts by JoeAirPort
RC Enthusiast
United States, WI, West Bend
Joined Jan 2006
8,340 Posts
Check out this recent thread. Talks more about a mechanical solution.
https://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/...t=throttl+curv
JoeAirPort is offline Find More Posts by JoeAirPort
Old 01-03-2015, 09:46 AM
Find More Posts by orthobird
I used to hammer at 1500 feet
United States, LA, Shreveport
Joined Apr 2012
9,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magenta View Post
Hello,
i performed a throttle setup where i had the full range of motion from 0 to full throttle. However, when the motor was running i felt at 3/4 stick the motor was wide open. What is the general guide to setting up a throttle curve on the transmitter? thanks.
also, to protect your servo, as you have noticed, from about 70 or 80% open to wide open, there is no increase in power or rpm, but, if you let the servo open the butterfly all the way, if you fly with the stick all the way up on the TX, the servo is pushing it to the stop of the butterfly, then when the motor is on, the vibrations will get sent back to the throttle gears, and can cause a servo to get damaged, i burned three servos til i figured this out. set up your Tx travel adjustments so that the butterfly does not open all the way.

Or, you can run your motor, and with the airplane restrained, wings on, use a tach or listen to motor, and then once you are full throttle, use the Tx throttle travel adjustment to decrease the travel on up stick to where you hear the rpm drop, then add 3 or 4 + in up direction again. then when you turn off the motor and it cools down, look and see how much it opens now compared to wide open throttle.

A real learning experience. The carb throttle body does not have to be 100% open, and i recommend against it, for the sole purpose of decreasing stresses on the throttle servo motor and gears.
orthobird is offline Find More Posts by orthobird

Quick Reply