logo
Old 06-29-2021, 03:02 PM
Find More Posts by TerryAir3D
Joined Dec 2020
15 Posts
Discussion
Crankshaft

Alright I've been trying to do Cranshafts with AJ's Laser Z200 it will only go through 1 revolution then have trouble doing the second one it will slow down through the second revolution I've tried different throttle potions still does the same thing.

Other info:
Max throws
DA-70
every so slightly nose heavy
TerryAir3D is offline Find More Posts by TerryAir3D
Last edited by TerryAir3D; 07-07-2021 at 10:49 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-26-2022, 11:18 PM
Find More Posts by MadAtTheSky
United States, WA, Federal Way
Joined Apr 2018
4 Posts
You gotta get that bad boy tail heavy or increase power. It needs more momentum going into the maneuver
MadAtTheSky is offline Find More Posts by MadAtTheSky
Old 02-27-2022, 05:38 AM
Find More Posts by Rcbeast93
United States, SC, Rock Hill
Joined Sep 2016
133 Posts
Ahh, it's a Laser, so you can't fly too fast to do it. It has to be like around half a throttle and make sure the elevator is 55 degrees down. That's the only shot to try. Laser tend to have a longer fuse. The eastiest crankshaft is the Edge, Extra, and the Slick. Some others like Gamebird, Extra NG, and MXS may possibly do it too.
Rcbeast93 is offline Find More Posts by Rcbeast93
Old 02-27-2022, 05:42 AM
Find More Posts by Rcbeast93
United States, SC, Rock Hill
Joined Sep 2016
133 Posts
Oh, in addition, I flew my buddy's 120cc Skywing ARS and the first shot was terrible crankshaft due too fast, and over-throw, it just wants to fall out on it own. So I slowed down and reduced the throw a bit, and then it finally did it about the 3-4 revolution.
Rcbeast93 is offline Find More Posts by Rcbeast93
Old 02-28-2022, 12:35 PM
Find More Posts by JBaynes05
Wazzzzzzzzuuuppppp
United States, DE, Wilmington
Joined Jul 2018
74 Posts
Keep in mind some frames require rudder input and some don't. My old PAU Extra 330 LX did not require rudder, whereas my EF Extra NG requires a little bit of rudder input. And try not too put too much aileron input in aswell.
JBaynes05 is offline Find More Posts by JBaynes05
Old 07-08-2023, 10:16 AM
Find More Posts by Xpress..
Team AJ Aircraft / Team JR
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2008
3,260 Posts
Old thread, but the Z200 is not known for its ability to rotate quickly. You need to have a neutral model with a heavy tail (all servo in the tail) and enter it as fast as you can possibly get the model to fly. Terry designed this model for additional stability when flying high alpha so it will naturally not want to spin aggressively.

https://youtube.com/shorts/Jw9d14GJpVY?feature=share4
Xpress.. is offline Find More Posts by Xpress..
Old 07-08-2023, 05:27 PM
Find More Posts by Josh M
United States, VA, Suffolk
Joined May 2019
42 Posts
I seem to recall flying a 50cc 230z a friend had once or twice, and it’ll wrap if you get the inputs right. If I remember correctly, it needed about half rudder, half aileron with the forward stick on the initial entry (left aileron right rudder), then when it starts go, transition to a little left rudder, and leave just a little bit of left aileron in (might need to play with how the ailerons balance the tumble). This was over a year ago so I may have amounts confused but start with around that. And I agree, it needs SPEED and relatively neutral cg with how long of a tail moment it has.
Josh M is offline Find More Posts by Josh M
Old 07-09-2023, 02:29 AM
Find More Posts by AKNick
1Corinthians 3:18
United States, AK, Juneau
Joined Feb 2014
1,611 Posts
I've had models that crankshaft better at lower speeds (not slow), some at high speeds with varying inputs to maintain the crank... just sayin' it depends on the airframe. I've had a little nitro strega that would lomcevak at speed though! LOL
AKNick is offline Find More Posts by AKNick

Quick Reply