Old 03-01-2009, 07:09 PM
Find More Posts by Slayer
the bigger the better...
Dexter, GA
Joined Jan 2008
182 Posts
Re: 60% BH EXTRA, HOW BIG IS TOO BIG ?

Elie, only one thing comes to mind,

B to da A to da D --- A to da double S !!!!!!!!!!!
Slayer is offline Find More Posts by Slayer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 03-01-2009, 07:25 PM
Find More Posts by snap a saurus
United States, MA, Dighton
Joined Jan 2006
8,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk07 View Post
The thrust washer has a 1/2" square drive built into it....may have to rig up a starter driven by you moped Snap
You think my moped motor will turn the 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by heligrom View Post
Looking good there Elie!!

that plane really is huge. over a gallon of fluids total on board. thats pretty ridiculous, what are we looking at for flight times?
I expect 10 minutes flights and should have plenty left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D Meatshield View Post
I'll donate my shoulder to flip that monster- but only if I get a chance to snap-a-saurus that monster
Meat, I can use your shoulder but not sure about your fingers unless you're mode 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Light View Post
Elie,
Plane looks great. I will start on our stuff this week. It has taken me 2 weeks to get all our stuff ordered. It is not easy ordering 90 - 9157 servos and arms, 300 feet of servo wire, prolinks, 10 - receivers, 5 - royale power boxes and the list goes on. I am having trouble finding the sullivan 7 inch tires and the 10 -32 hardware. I may have to use 6 inch tires and make my own hardware. If you know where I can get some, let me know. I am still working on finding the 7 inch spinners. I did talk to my friend rick at tru-turn and he said he would make them if you guy's want to spend the money. It may be our only choice. Call me and we can talk about the prop selections and the way you mounted the engine. The rubber gromments may not be the best way to mount the engine. Just call me when you have time to talk
John
John
The plane is an ARF but what makes it so hard to work on is the size, being so big you can't just maneuver it like a 40% so it takes a little longer to finish, the Grommets worked fine on the motor, I will try them and see what happens, beggers can't be choosers, the pitt Beotches did it so I will take it, I usually order stuff that I expect to use and happen to have the 10/32 hardware which I used, I stock up good on just about everything, I have ordered few things to finish the plane, everything else I had, I need to get a prop and need your advice, I will give you a call to discuss that, here is the link to the tires, I got it from Bill.
http://www.sullivanproducts.com/WheelsMainFrame.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC3D View Post
Make a CF spinner, I bet I know someone that has molds.....
Mike, I like the CF spinner idea, how can we get a 7 inch One, otherwise I am putting a 6 inch CF spinner.
snap a saurus is offline Find More Posts by snap a saurus
Old 03-01-2009, 07:29 PM
Joined Jan 2006
8,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JClark View Post
Better hurry John, April is getting closer. Better tell that pit biotch Jared to get on the ball and help you get these things together.
Mr Clark
Stay away from this, don't listen to him john, I want to be the only One with a 60%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer View Post
Elie, only one thing comes to mind,

B to da A to da D --- A to da double S !!!!!!!!!!!
It will have BAD ASS on it
Old 03-01-2009, 08:40 PM
Find More Posts by Bunky F. Knuckle
Just your Average Joe.
Joined Jan 2006
9,237 Posts

Elie, sorry to say, I'm not able to help you reinstall the LG into that monster, like we did to your Edge.
Bunky F. Knuckle is offline Find More Posts by Bunky F. Knuckle
Old 03-01-2009, 09:03 PM
Find More Posts by 3dAndrew
Livin it up like a kid!
NY, but wishing i was still in FL
Joined Aug 2007
1,793 Posts

Hey Snap, is it possible for me and my dad to drive up from long island to see you maiden this thing? Please..... I have grown since last year so i might be able to assist with the engine starting!LOL Let me know when your done, the day that you maiden this monster will be HISTORY OF THE GIANTS!
3dAndrew is offline Find More Posts by 3dAndrew
Old 03-01-2009, 09:46 PM
Joined Jan 2006
8,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky F. Knuckle View Post
Elie, sorry to say, I'm not able to help you reinstall the LG into that monster, like we did to your Edge.
Bunky, good to hear from you, ok you don't have to reinstall the gear but how about fixing the prop??, I still have that One.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dAndrew View Post
Hey Snap, is it possible for me and my dad to drive up from long island to see you maiden this thing? Please..... I have grown since last year so i might be able to assist with the engine starting!LOL Let me know when your done, the day that you maiden this monster will be HISTORY OF THE GIANTS!
Andrew, sure, I will let you know, the only problem is if you come up here and we have an issue and the plane don't fly, I hate to see you disappointed, you will have to come at your own risk.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:47 PM
Joined Jan 2006
8,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky F. Knuckle View Post
Bunky, good to hear from you, ok you don't have to reinstall the gear but how about fixing the prop??, I still have that One.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dAndrew View Post
Andrew, sure, I will let you know, the only problem is if you come up here and we have an issue and the plane don't fly, I hate to see you disappointed, .
Old 03-01-2009, 10:10 PM
Find More Posts by Craven
United States, FL, Port Orange
Joined Feb 2006
10,852 Posts

ECHO!!
Craven is offline Find More Posts by Craven
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 03-01-2009, 10:14 PM
Find More Posts by Bunky F. Knuckle
Just your Average Joe.
Joined Jan 2006
9,237 Posts

No kiddin, Greg!!! I think he was excited to hear from me..... Down there little fellow!!!

Elie, note to self man.......... Only push the reply button ONCE!!!!

I'll fix the prop, only if I can glue the tip back together!!! Some 49 hour epoxy would work nice!!!
Bunky F. Knuckle is offline Find More Posts by Bunky F. Knuckle
Last edited by Bunky F. Knuckle; 03-02-2009 at 12:44 PM.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:18 PM
Find More Posts by askforplanes
3D Giants
Virginia
Joined Dec 2007
1,069 Posts

This motor would be perfect http://starrair.com/pages/engines.html (if specs are accurate). Compared to the 3w 342 it is about 6lbs lighter, has 4 more hp (up to 9 more) and is 62cc's smaller.
askforplanes is offline Find More Posts by askforplanes
Old 03-01-2009, 11:18 PM
Find More Posts by John Light
Harrisonville, MO
Joined May 2006
184 Posts

Jared,
I don't think I will have a problem getting the planes done for the Dallas event. I just hope we get the new trailer by then. I sold my 28 foot enclosed trailer and I ordered a new 40 foot trailer. The company told me I should have it by the end of March. I hope so because it will take a couple of weeks to get it ready to haul airplanes and by then it will be time to leave for Dallas. We will just have to wait to see what happens.
John Light
EXTREME HOBBIES
John Light is offline Find More Posts by John Light
Old 03-01-2009, 11:58 PM
Find More Posts by JClark
Is is time to fly yet??
Grove,Ok
Joined Jan 2006
949 Posts

Good luck John.
Hopefully you guys will make Dallas, if not I am sure we will get together sometime.
JClark is offline Find More Posts by JClark
Old 03-02-2009, 12:04 AM
Find More Posts by TheTank
I created FG! Bitch!
Connecticut, USA
Joined Jan 2006
10,655 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by askforplanes View Post
This motor would be perfect http://starrair.com/pages/engines.html (if specs are accurate). Compared to the 3w 342 it is about 6lbs lighter, has 4 more hp (up to 9 more) and is 62cc's smaller.
Only if he wanted to spin some serious rpms and go pylon racing! 900-9600RPM range with recommended props of 22x40 and 21x29... Not exactly ideal for this application. Probably a relatively short stroke motor designed for high rpms and racing applications...
TheTank is offline Find More Posts by TheTank
Old 03-02-2009, 01:51 AM
Find More Posts by John Light
Harrisonville, MO
Joined May 2006
184 Posts

OK guy's I need a little help. Does anybody have the new web site address for the company in Germany that produces the big ultimate and the big raven? I don't have any problems with our big ultimate, I just want to ask Olaf some questions. The web site used to be weimo.net.
Thanks,
John Light
EXTREME HOBBIES
John Light is offline Find More Posts by John Light
Old 03-02-2009, 08:10 AM
Find More Posts by askforplanes
3D Giants
Virginia
Joined Dec 2007
1,069 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTank View Post
Only if he wanted to spin some serious rpms and go pylon racing! 900-9600RPM range with recommended props of 22x40 and 21x29... Not exactly ideal for this application. Probably a relatively short stroke motor designed for high rpms and racing applications...
Here is an ad from rcu http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=351845, it says they have a 3d version.
askforplanes is offline Find More Posts by askforplanes

Quick Reply