logo
Old 01-15-2024, 12:32 PM
Find More Posts by crashman1432
Irmo, SC USA
Joined Feb 2006
95 Posts
Hey krazy Karl,
Its good to see some activity on the B25. I'm not on this site much anymore but saw that you had posted some progress and wanted to say hello. I was curious to know what became of your beautiful 50% Pitts. Did you ever get the engine outs solved? I was at the Joe Nall when several quest pilots flew her and the Moki quit each time. We talked several times and I just wondered if you were finally enjoying getting to fly such a beautiful Pitts. Attached is a photo of my big girl. Hope all is well with you and yours.
Charles Wright
crashman1432 is offline Find More Posts by crashman1432
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 01-16-2024, 09:58 AM
Find More Posts by Krazy Karl
Southwest Pa.
Joined Nov 2006
4,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashman1432 View Post
Hey krazy Karl,
Its good to see some activity on the B25. I'm not on this site much anymore but saw that you had posted some progress and wanted to say hello. I was curious to know what became of your beautiful 50% Pitts. Did you ever get the engine outs solved? I was at the Joe Nall when several quest pilots flew her and the Moki quit each time. We talked several times and I just wondered if you were finally enjoying getting to fly such a beautiful Pitts. Attached is a photo of my big girl. Hope all is well with you and yours.
Charles Wright
Hi Charles. Thank you and I hope the same for you. yeah FG kind of fell by the wayside also for myself. I thought about doing posts on other social media sites but... those black holes drive me crazy. Maybe it's just me but... FG is airplanes or whatever your looking at only. Not all the other crap and traps.

I faintly remember our conversations. Yes the engine issues were resolved the last time she was there. I borrowed an ignition module from my buddy Chuck Gratner (The Riley Model B guy) and it ran perfect.

The ignition I had was the old top hat black one and Chuck's was the new style. I haven't flown it since. I do want to get her back in the sky one day.

You plane is gorgeous btw!! There's so much nice stuff out there these days.

I've been flying a 14 ounce foamy from JTA the last few years only. The thing will do everything my 40% Carden did but.... In my backyard any time any day any... It has kept my thumbs active is all I can say and just truly enjoy it. Zero stress!

Thanks for checking in!!
Krazy Karl is offline Find More Posts by Krazy Karl
Old 01-16-2024, 10:58 AM
Find More Posts by Hinckley Bill
Hinckley Illinois
Joined Jan 2006
2,992 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashman1432 View Post
Hey krazy Karl,
Charles Wright
Charles,
Awesome looking aircraft.....is that built from a Modelbau kit or ?
Bill
Hinckley Bill is offline Find More Posts by Hinckley Bill
Old 01-16-2024, 11:51 AM
Find More Posts by crashman1432
Irmo, SC USA
Joined Feb 2006
95 Posts
Karl, It's great to hear that you got the engine issues sorted out. I was concerned that the Moki was going to leave you in a bad situation and lead to a crunched up airplane. Great to connect with you again after all these years. Be safe!

Hey Bill,
Thanks for the kind words! Believe it or not, much like Karl's masterpiece, my Pitts was built from scratch by a master modeler named Russell Young. Russell's the kind of guy, if you can think of it he can build it. He drew the plans on a napkin on his kitchen table! Cut every piece by hand and designed it for a 3W240. I upgraded to a 3W275. Awesome flying airplane! Beyond capable of my 3D abilities. I've seen my nephew torque roll it 2 feet off the ground!
crashman1432 is offline Find More Posts by crashman1432

Quick Reply