Old 03-12-2009, 03:18 PM
Find More Posts by rcdart
Would be, if I could be
QLD Australia
Joined Jan 2006
4,186 Posts
Re: GIANTS FROM DOWN UNDER (Continued)

Thanks Sleepy,

Just so all understand, the old thread is only closed, not deleted, past information can still be accessed if required, it just everytime we go to view the thread, it individually searches for first new post since you viewed the thread, with a thread of this size, it sends a major spike through the server and slows lots of crap down.
Max had discussed this with me over a year ago, but decided to see how it panned out, but with the site continually growing, it has been deemed necessary to take the steps now.

Mick
rcdart is offline Find More Posts by rcdart
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2009, 03:22 PM
Find More Posts by SleepyC
USA, OH, Aurora
Joined Jan 2006
30,070 Posts

Thanks Mick, I closed the thread while accessing the site from my phone, so thanks for the perfect explanation.
You were spot on.
SleepyC is offline Find More Posts by SleepyC
Old 03-12-2009, 03:56 PM
Find More Posts by Devo
BACK IN YAK :)
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Joined Mar 2006
905 Posts

Guys sorry for the heli question but I am not sure of Fletchs user so here goes.

Fletch, not sure if you are out there at the moment but if you are can you please send me the type of servo you upgraded the blade 400 to. I put it in a couple of days ago and just found I have lost a servo amongst the usual: spindle, sus, shaft....( suprisingly not blades ).......so time for an upgrade....I know you said you used Hihtech ones but Im not sure of the model....cheers Rob
On a better note I had just started to loop it the day before....got a bit over confident at ground level and rolled it in the next day....a good time to start to learn how to put this little unit together.......a few times...or more....
Devo is offline Find More Posts by Devo
Old 03-12-2009, 05:34 PM
Find More Posts by The_Wreck
United States, GA, Mableton
Joined May 2006
1,797 Posts

Wanted to subscribe to this thread and I thought I would mention:

Thanks to all the pilots in Australia who have supported J&J Tailwheels. We have sold more tailwheels in Australia through our distributor DA Australia than any other dealer we do business with.

We are proud to be a sponsor of Chris Brislin!!!
The_Wreck is offline Find More Posts by The_Wreck
Old 03-12-2009, 07:22 PM
Find More Posts by RustyTumbles
Time for something New......
Newcastle NSW, Australia
Joined Jan 2006
5,050 Posts

Thanks sleepy,

Here I was thinking my computer is getting old and slow. Its working much better now.
RustyTumbles is offline Find More Posts by RustyTumbles
Old 03-13-2009, 12:29 AM
Find More Posts by vincentp
I spend far too much time here
Canberra
Joined Feb 2006
1,356 Posts

Hi All

Add this link to your bookmarks to get to the first unread post in this thread :

Code:
https://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40950&goto=newpost
Makes keeping up to date with the thread much easier

Note I had to use the code tags to stop the forum from changing the link when I posted.

Vince
vincentp is offline Find More Posts by vincentp
Old 03-13-2009, 12:53 AM
Find More Posts by Cookie
Monster
Dalby and heading for Adelaide
Joined Jul 2006
1,071 Posts

Wondered what happened.

Love me JJ tail wheel
Cookie is offline Find More Posts by Cookie
Old 03-13-2009, 03:11 AM
Find More Posts by Fly-guy
Mother Huckin' Pro Bro
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Jan 2006
488 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo View Post
Guys sorry for the heli question but I am not sure of Fletchs user so here goes.

Fletch, not sure if you are out there at the moment but if you are can you please send me the type of servo you upgraded the blade 400 to. I put it in a couple of days ago and just found I have lost a servo amongst the usual: spindle, sus, shaft....( suprisingly not blades ).......so time for an upgrade....I know you said you used Hihtech ones but Im not sure of the model....cheers Rob
On a better note I had just started to loop it the day before....got a bit over confident at ground level and rolled it in the next day....a good time to start to learn how to put this little unit together.......a few times...or more....
I'm not fletch, but most people are using the Hitec HS65 or 65MG for a little more strength. I use the 65 karbonites in my Mini Titan and they work very well. You will need to trim the mounts a bit but its a very worthwhile upgrade.

Love the Blade 400, it's alot less intimidating then the Mini Titan
Fly-guy is offline Find More Posts by Fly-guy
Old 03-13-2009, 03:25 AM
Find More Posts by feral63
PINEAPPLE WEDNESDAY
australia
Joined Jan 2006
1,899 Posts

so everytime we post the rest of the world slows down?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcdart View Post
Thanks Sleepy,

Just so all understand, the old thread is only closed, not deleted, past information can still be accessed if required, it just everytime we go to view the thread, it individually searches for first new post since you viewed the thread, with a thread of this size, it sends a major spike through the server and slows lots of crap down.
Max had discussed this with me over a year ago, but decided to see how it panned out, but with the site continually growing, it has been deemed necessary to take the steps now.

Mick
feral63 is offline Find More Posts by feral63
Old 03-13-2009, 04:33 AM
Find More Posts by Pundi
Maitland, Australia
Joined Aug 2006
211 Posts

hey,
just posting to subscribe to the forum
Pundi is offline Find More Posts by Pundi
Old 03-13-2009, 04:40 AM
Find More Posts by TROYS PIT-BITCH
Damo loves building my planes
WAGGA WAGGA
Joined Apr 2006
1,726 Posts

Hey pundi,
How's your QQ going? Love mine
TROYS PIT-BITCH is offline Find More Posts by TROYS PIT-BITCH
Old 03-13-2009, 04:56 AM
Doc
Find More Posts by Doc
Doc
The Flyin' Doc!
Australia
Joined May 2006
1,166 Posts

Hi Chasps

Well the Doc house had a lucky escape from the recent bushfires here in Vic. (This is why I haven't been able to get on here for a while)

The fire came roaring up the valley destroying most bush and houses in it's path, then parted briefely to envelope our place, before re-joining at the trailing edge and continuing on up the hill. Amazingly, the house survived. The first two are before and after pics, the house is in the midst of all that.

Much thanks to StuD, Excelpoint, Devo, Rusty, srm, Ratso, Towball and others for your greatly appreciated concern for us. Sorry to have suspended you in angst, but as you now know we were away on a tropical island without mobile phone, TV or internet, and blissfully unaware of the brevity of the situation at the time.

Many of our neighbours & friends lost houses but thankfully not lives, and it has been a busy time cleaning up all the mess. Still much to do.

Oh yes, the planes are all safe.
Doc is offline Find More Posts by Doc
Old 03-13-2009, 05:20 AM
Find More Posts by Rookey
Australia, QLD, Cooroy
Joined Feb 2006
419 Posts

[quote=Doc;712440]Hi Chasps

Well the Doc house had a lucky escape from the recent bushfires here in Vic. (This is why I haven't been able to get on here for a while)

Good to hear from you Doc - you had us all very worried. Was it the cleared bush around your house that saved it from the fire or some other reason? What a task it must be for those who now have to clean up and start building all over again and for so many there is the grief of lost friends and family. Almost immaginable. Sure hope you are back flying soon.
Rookey is offline Find More Posts by Rookey
Old 03-13-2009, 05:34 AM
Find More Posts by srm 99
JUST LOVE FLYING
Gellong Australia
Joined Feb 2006
542 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Hi Chasps

The fire came roaring up the valley destroying most bush and houses in it's path, then parted briefely to envelope our place, before re-joining at the trailing edge and continuing on up the hill. Amazingly, the house survived. The first two are before and after pics, the house is in the midst of all that.

Much thanks to StuD, Excelpoint, Devo, Rusty, srm, Ratso, Towball and others for your greatly appreciated concern for us. Sorry to have suspended you in angst, but as you now know we were away on a tropical island without mobile phone, TV or internet, and blissfully unaware of the brevity of the situation at the time.

Many of our neighbours & friends lost houses but thankfully not lives, and it has been a busy time cleaning up all the mess. Still much to do.

Oh yes, the planes are all safe.

its good that u where ok
srm 99 is offline Find More Posts by srm 99

Quick Reply