Old 01-05-2011, 09:44 AM
Find More Posts by Scott Gerber
Joined Jun 2007
3,110 Posts
Re: New hitec 7950TH

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50%plane View Post
+1

My direct LiPo powered 7950 is great. awesome power and speed. no issues what's so ever...

1++

Scott
Scott Gerber is offline Find More Posts by Scott Gerber
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 01-05-2011, 08:11 PM
Find More Posts by sherman89
Ocala Fl
Joined Feb 2007
2,988 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrunkel View Post
Sherman,

Same here, no issues. SF Power Expander, Futaba 12z, R6014HS receiver, A123s.

I was previously running a JR11x, 1222 Powersafe receiver. Issues existed.

No problems currently.

DR
Are you getting ready for Land-o-Lakes?
sherman89 is offline Find More Posts by sherman89
Old 01-05-2011, 08:49 PM
Find More Posts by jongurley
Vess Propellers!
Goldsboro, North Carolina
Joined Jan 2006
3,475 Posts

We know the problem is only with Powersafe jr receivers,
jongurley is offline Find More Posts by jongurley
Old 01-05-2011, 08:49 PM
Find More Posts by rrunkel
IMAC
Punta Gorda, Florida
Joined Dec 2007
118 Posts

I will be there............. Ready..........

Just looking to have a good time....

DR
rrunkel is offline Find More Posts by rrunkel
Old 01-06-2011, 01:27 AM
Find More Posts by 50%plane
Suspended Account
North Mexico
Joined Jan 2006
21,384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jongurley View Post
We know the problem is only with Powersafe jr receivers,
Maybe the JR powersafe receivers are the problem. Not designed for a BA servo like the 7950....

hehe just givin you crap Gurley... Hope all is well with ya'll back in NC!
50%plane is offline Find More Posts by 50%plane
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 01-06-2011, 02:30 AM
Find More Posts by wylieruneyjr
RUTNBUC
United States, SC, McClellanville
Joined Sep 2008
2,747 Posts

Thank you eajohnson,,, THANK YOU !!!!!!! I bought some 330uf caps, and soldered one in on the worst servo glitching, and whooalho no more glitches. Gonna do the other servos and report back. Looks like its working so far. At .78 cent a piece and alittle work, looks like my problems going away.
wylieruneyjr is offline Find More Posts by wylieruneyjr
Old 01-06-2011, 05:13 AM
Find More Posts by off2fly
Danville Va.
Joined Feb 2006
768 Posts

Maybe they just needed a little STP....
Quote:
Originally Posted by wylieruneyjr View Post
Thank you eajohnson,,, THANK YOU !!!!!!! I bought some 330uf caps, and soldered one in on the worst servo glitching, and whooalho no more glitches. Gonna do the other servos and report back. Looks like its working so far. At .78 cent a piece and alittle work, looks like my problems going away.
off2fly is offline Find More Posts by off2fly
Old 01-06-2011, 05:46 AM
Find More Posts by folgado
Portugal
Joined Apr 2007
120 Posts

It's not the JR powersafe receivers, I have problems with all kinds of Spektrum receivers and Powerbox's...

The problem are the servos.
folgado is offline Find More Posts by folgado
Old 01-06-2011, 06:36 AM
Find More Posts by sherman89
Ocala Fl
Joined Feb 2007
2,988 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrunkel View Post
I will be there............. Ready..........

Just looking to have a good time....

DR
That's all most of us do, after getting my butt handed to me last year I am out for a good time and not taking it so serious.
sherman89 is offline Find More Posts by sherman89
Old 01-06-2011, 06:50 AM
IMAC
Punta Gorda, Florida
Joined Dec 2007
118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by folgado View Post
It's not the JR powersafe receivers, I have problems with all kinds of Spektrum receivers and Powerbox's...

The problem are the servos.
This issue surfaces when there is a "extensive gap" between the "power voltage" and the "signal voltage" with certain receiver/similar technology configurations.

Hence, the typical usage of Signal Boosters, such as those sold by Horion Hobby and Emcotec. These eliminated the problem for me using a JR11x and and a 1222 Powersafe receiver and A123s.

I considered it BS and a PITA and completely switched to a Futaba 12z/R6014HS, A123's and a SmartFly power expander. Could not be more pleased.

Think what you like, but the servos work well for me when not used with the Powersafe Receivers or other similar technology.

Just my experience..........
Old 01-06-2011, 09:01 AM
MK2
Find More Posts by MK2
MK2
Long Island NY
Joined Sep 2009
231 Posts

Just wanted to update everyone--- HITEC has know about this issue for over 1 year and has not done anything to correct it. They are risking our giant scale airplanes due to defective servos that do not work with JR or Spectrum receivers. It should not matter what brand radio we as flyers use, if you are selling a product to the public its should work as advertised or Hitec should label the product with a warning stating this product does not function the correct way on JR/Spectrum DSM equipment.

I will not spend $150.00 on a servo to add a voltage regulator or Power board that drops the voltage to 6v or add capacitors to correct an issue the manufacture should address.

I talked to Hitec again yesterday and they stated the issue occurs with all DSM receivers but the PowerSafe ones show the biggest issue. I asked at what voltage will the servo level out at and function, they could not answer that. I also contacted JR/Horizon and directed them to this thread and explained to them that Hitec feels the issue is with their DSM equipment.

Either way until this issue is corrected by Hitec or JR I would not recommend any JR / Spectrum users buy or installed this servo, you are risking your investment....

Below is the Email Response I received yesterday from Hitec Support...

On our end we are looking in to see if the circuitry can be modified to fix
this problem when used with the DSM receivers and still work properly with
the other equipment on the market. I have not heard anything from Hitec
Korea yet to know if they have found a fix to accomplish this though.

Brendan Lugo
Hitec RCD / Multiplex USA
N. America and Canada service center
12115 Paine st.
Poway, Ca. 92064
858-748-8440 x-313
MK2 is offline Find More Posts by MK2
Old 01-06-2011, 09:24 AM
IMAC
Punta Gorda, Florida
Joined Dec 2007
118 Posts

Well, here's the deal.

If you think there is some sort of "open" architecure, interoperability requirements in the RC industry, think again. Would be nice, but as in the computer space, it has a very long way to go. And, has been in the making for multiple decades.

It is also interesting where you point the blame.

Futaba's position is typically "Futaba conponents" work with "Futaba gear". Hitec components really do work with a variety of other manufacturer's wares. And certainly work well with their systems.

Do you think for a moment that Horizo/Specktrum would go out of its way to do any differnent. Ya think the Powersafe receivers were developed to only work correctly with JR servos? Think about that !

Like I stated, "Open architecure/interoperability" in the RC space, is probably a pipe dream, at least in my lifetime!

DR
Old 01-06-2011, 09:36 AM
Find More Posts by wfield0455
United States, MA, Holliston
Joined Oct 2007
3,013 Posts

It is pretty clear that this is mainly a compatibility issue between JR / Spektrum receivers and the 7950 servo. Unfortunately this thread is so cluttered with people stating that they don't have a problem because they aren't using JR, etc, that it is extremely difficult to figure out what solutions that have been suggested really work.

A simple question; has anyone using a JR or Spektrum receiver with a 7950 servo on a long extension and was having the glitching issue tried installing a servo buffer (such as the Spektrum or servo city buffers) on the SERVO END of the extension and had this NOT solve their problem?

The plane I'm putting together now would only need long extensions for the Elevators so if I need to purchase a couple of servo buffers I'm fine with that, however, if it doesn't consistently solve the problem I don't want to waste another $20 or $30 for a couple of servo buffers that may not solve the problem...

Thanks
Wayne
wfield0455 is offline Find More Posts by wfield0455
Old 01-06-2011, 11:59 AM
MK2
Find More Posts by MK2
MK2
Long Island NY
Joined Sep 2009
231 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wefcisco View Post
It is pretty clear that this is mainly a compatibility issue between JR / Spektrum receivers and the 7950 servo. Unfortunately this thread is so cluttered with people stating that they don't have a problem because they aren't using JR, etc, that it is extremely difficult to figure out what solutions that have been suggested really work.

A simple question; has anyone using a JR or Spektrum receiver with a 7950 servo on a long extension and was having the glitching issue tried installing a servo buffer (such as the Spektrum or servo city buffers) on the SERVO END of the extension and had this NOT solve their problem?

The plane I'm putting together now would only need long extensions for the Elevators so if I need to purchase a couple of servo buffers I'm fine with that, however, if it doesn't consistently solve the problem I don't want to waste another $20 or $30 for a couple of servo buffers that may not solve the problem...

Thanks
Wayne
The servos that were in the video had a 24" extision.. it also happened with a 12" and 6" also I pluged in the servo direct to RX and still had the same issue, so I dont fell the lenth has anything to do with it. Also its not a jitter issue its a deflection issue moving the surface 1" to 2" on its own.
MK2 is offline Find More Posts by MK2
Old 01-06-2011, 12:19 PM
Find More Posts by hollywoodjax
tryin to huck!!
Joined Jan 2008
1,139 Posts

I have 8 7950's in my 42% pilot-rc edge 540. I am running a SF EQ 6 powered by 2 5200mah li-ions. Voltage is set at 6.5v I think. I have 4 of those servos on 56"-60" extensions I made up my self. I have had no problems to date with mine. I have roughly 14 flights so far so good. I am using the JR 921 for my RX. I am pretty happy so far. I also put a single 7950 on the rudder of one of my 35%er's. They seem to be holding up so far!
hollywoodjax is offline Find More Posts by hollywoodjax

Quick Reply