Old 04-28-2012, 09:43 PM
Find More Posts by scale only 4 me
It's Hooty Tooty Here?
United States, CA, Orange
Joined Oct 2010
1,960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jca View Post
Hi I am thinking of doing a slide out deck on my trailer I believe it may help and reduce hanger rash on planes, anyone have any ideas or pics on how to do it??

Thanks in Advance

J.C Alvarez

Some casters bolted to a sheet of plywood should do it
scale only 4 me is offline Find More Posts by scale only 4 me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 04-29-2012, 06:46 AM
Find More Posts by frank99
United States, AR, Sheridan
Joined Oct 2009
4,069 Posts
my trailer is black and is very hot has side vents would a roof vent help? thanks frank
frank99 is offline Find More Posts by frank99
Old 04-29-2012, 07:04 AM
Find More Posts by scale only 4 me
It's Hooty Tooty Here?
United States, CA, Orange
Joined Oct 2010
1,960 Posts
It would help some yes,, the more vents towards the top gives the heat a place to escape, that's just logic. You want vents low also to allow cooler air to enter as the heat escapes. A set up like this won't cool the trailer off to a comfortable temp. totally, but help reduce it from getting as hot as it will be all sealed up.

good luck
scale only 4 me is offline Find More Posts by scale only 4 me
Old 04-29-2012, 07:25 AM
Find More Posts by badedge540
Waynesfield ohio
Joined Dec 2006
492 Posts
Quote:
Hi I am thinking of doing a slide out deck on my trailer I believe it may help and reduce hanger rash on planes, anyone have any ideas or pics on how to do it??

Thanks in Advance

J.C Alvarez
you can check my post 2530 and see the picks of my slide outs. love i my opinion the only way to go for me. i set it up to when there in for the road trip there set back 2' so if some rear ends me again they wont damage my planes. hope it helps the slides are made out of 1 1/4 x 1 1/4 steel with 1/4'' thick supports welded where the rollers go through on eack side.i used the small door track that they use on roll up doors on on semi trailers saves a little space. if you need more pics i can get some for you.
badedge540 is offline Find More Posts by badedge540
Old 04-29-2012, 08:24 AM
jca
Find More Posts by jca
jca
Joined Dec 2008
200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badedge540 View Post
you can check my post 2530 and see the picks of my slide outs. love i my opinion the only way to go for me. i set it up to when there in for the road trip there set back 2' so if some rear ends me again they wont damage my planes. hope it helps the slides are made out of 1 1/4 x 1 1/4 steel with 1/4'' thick supports welded where the rollers go through on eack side.i used the small door track that they use on roll up doors on on semi trailers saves a little space. if you need more pics i can get some for you.
Thanks for the help I will post when I do mine thanks again
J.C.
jca is offline Find More Posts by jca
Old 04-29-2012, 03:50 PM
Find More Posts by 66stang
Fly it like you hate it!
Collinsville, IL
Joined Jan 2006
4,925 Posts
I just ordered a window with a screen for my trailer, anyone ever installed one???
66stang is offline Find More Posts by 66stang
Old 04-29-2012, 04:45 PM
Find More Posts by helisrule
United States, MA, Pittsfield
Joined Dec 2011
1,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tseres View Post
Thanks. I thought about just what you said but my planes are to big for that size trailer. The trailers I looked at were 4 ft wide. I'm hoping to have mine finished next week. I'm wanting to test tow it real bad. I have some weather strip to install and a door hinge and it's ready try. Won't have time till next week.

where did u find the angle aluminum around doors..like the stickers in back thats kool.. and i just changed idea my brother has a lite trailer for an old v boat...small.. its perfect size and the 4feet wide i hear u on that im going to to make it atleast 6 feet wide so i can put atleast two 40% in there....
helisrule is offline Find More Posts by helisrule
Old 04-29-2012, 07:21 PM
Find More Posts by propellerhead
Fly Lower Please
Battle Creek, Michigan/USA
Joined Oct 2008
23 Posts
Quote:
66stang I just ordered a window with a screen for my trailer, anyone ever installed one???
I have installed two windows in mind. Go to post # 4115. Not sure how your window installs, but mind had a trim ring on the inside. Instead of holding the window in place for the hole size, I made a template. It was easy to get everything lined up this way. My wall studs are 24" on center. I had to grind a little bit away to clear them. My window came with a compression strip on it, no caulking. You say a prayer, and than roto-zip the hole in the siding. I had my nephew hold the window on the outside, and I installed the trim ring on the inside. The trim ring screws into the window and pulls it tight against the wall. You have to order the right size trim ring for your wall thickness. I know that there are a few ways rv windows install. Some just screw into the wall, and catch a wall stud on each side. It's not that bad to do, just think it out before you cut that hole!

Good luck!
propellerhead is offline Find More Posts by propellerhead
Old 04-29-2012, 07:46 PM
Find More Posts by Tseres
Elwood In.
Joined Jun 2009
3,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helisrule View Post
where did u find the angle aluminum around doors..like the stickers in back thats kool.. and i just changed idea my brother has a lite trailer for an old v boat...small.. its perfect size and the 4feet wide i hear u on that im going to to make it atleast 6 feet wide so i can put atleast two 40% in there....
It's called chair rail. Comes in 3 different sizes. I got 1 in. They also come in 1.25 in and a larger size that I'm not familiar with. I got mine from a local trailer place. I think he got them from United Cargo Trailers. I know you can order from United direct if you have to.
Tseres is offline Find More Posts by Tseres
Old 04-30-2012, 03:10 PM
Find More Posts by badedge540
Waynesfield ohio
Joined Dec 2006
492 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the help I will post when I do mine thanks again
J.C.
here is some more
badedge540 is offline Find More Posts by badedge540
Old 04-30-2012, 07:46 PM
Find More Posts by 66stang
Fly it like you hate it!
Collinsville, IL
Joined Jan 2006
4,925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by propellerhead View Post
I have installed two windows in mind. Go to post # 4115. Not sure how your window installs, but mind had a trim ring on the inside. Instead of holding the window in place for the hole size, I made a template. It was easy to get everything lined up this way. My wall studs are 24" on center. I had to grind a little bit away to clear them. My window came with a compression strip on it, no caulking. You say a prayer, and than roto-zip the hole in the siding. I had my nephew hold the window on the outside, and I installed the trim ring on the inside. The trim ring screws into the window and pulls it tight against the wall. You have to order the right size trim ring for your wall thickness. I know that there are a few ways rv windows install. Some just screw into the wall, and catch a wall stud on each side. It's not that bad to do, just think it out before you cut that hole!

Good luck!
Thanks for the info, the window I have is missing the trim ring.. Think I can install it without and use some rubber around the inside, like a door molding and just screw it from the outside and use butyl tape?
66stang is offline Find More Posts by 66stang
Old 04-30-2012, 08:29 PM
jca
Find More Posts by jca
jca
Joined Dec 2008
200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badedge540 View Post
here is some more
great pics thanks , will be working on mine soon I have 7 ft wide trailer and my goal is to be able to slide two 40% in and out without removing stabs and also avoid rolling planes into trailer which is where sometimes we get a little hanger rash.

thanks again

J.C.
jca is offline Find More Posts by jca
Old 04-30-2012, 09:04 PM
Find More Posts by CrashesALot
Golf Cart Driving Instructor
Ridgefield, CT
Joined Jun 2009
128 Posts
Hey guys, need some quick advice. It sounds like the wife just gave me permission to buy a trailer instead of renting one for events . Trying to get one picked out and ready in time for Nall.

1. Think I'm going with a Diamond Cargo 6x10 box + vnose. I'm going to look at it tomorrow, but sounds legit, 15" wheels, 3/4" ply on the floor and 3/8" on the sides. Anyone hear anything good or bad about Diamond Cargo?

2. I really need to read through this thread, but as I still need to finish my extra to bring to Nall, and now, hopefully, do some prep work to a trailer, I don't have time to. I just read the last few pages and I am thinking my mounting idea might not be so great after all. I was planning on mouting 1 1/2" PVC pipes going across with insulation wrapped around them. The planes would just then rest on top of the pipes. Is this really going to be too much stress on the fuse even with the padding?

Thanks!
CrashesALot is offline Find More Posts by CrashesALot
Old 04-30-2012, 09:29 PM
Find More Posts by averagebrunette
Fun Fly Superstar!! Ta-Daa
Joined May 2008
547 Posts
I just bought a diamond cargo a month ago and so for it has done well.. there are a few pics that I posted a few pages back as it's slow progress for me.
averagebrunette is offline Find More Posts by averagebrunette
Old 04-30-2012, 09:40 PM
Find More Posts by PropsnWings
AMA LM CD IP
Joined Jul 2011
4,385 Posts
I would think PVC in that configuration would be really bouncy, over a span from wall to wall like that.
PropsnWings is offline Find More Posts by PropsnWings

Quick Reply