logo
Old 12-24-2015, 04:37 PM
Find More Posts by Muttdog
United States, FL, Jupiter
Joined Feb 2013
2,025 Posts
I was sent 2 canopies and both fit a hundred times better then the one that came with it but the second one fits perfect and for the first time all 6 bolts line up perfectly. I also had the rudder linkage pull right out of the rudder during flight. I may have initiated this during assembly as I when I was screwing on the horn I let the metal screw turn instead of holding it with a wrench. I think this spun the already weakly glued dowel rod and it was only being held in by the thin ply sides of the rudder skin. I made some ply washers and will be repairing it tonight. H9 did send me another rudder but after the plane went disco'd I'm saving everything. They also sent me a new fuse because the wing tube socket pulled out but that was a relatively easy fix with some gorilla glue. Removing the old glue (or if you want to call it that) was laughable.
Muttdog is offline Find More Posts by Muttdog
Old 12-25-2015, 08:30 AM
Joined Feb 2013
2,025 Posts
In case anyone's interested, here's details on the repair.

I made some ply backers and covered them with white monokote. The threaded rod was poly glued into place (no glue from factory just machine threads into wood) along with the larger backer with the hole in it. The smaller backer without the hole was poly glued into place on the rudder before the other assembly was installed. I used generous amounts of white gorilla poly glue on all parts and then gave them a spray with water to kick off the foaming action. It worked because glue was oozing out of the hinge slot almost an inch away. Now I know all the cavities in the foam are completely filled with glue and the ply backers tie the whole thing together. The weight of the backers was completely offset by the removal of the metal nut so the only addition was the glue. Not only is the nut not required anymore but it was part of the problem as it does not conform to the angle of the rudder sheeting. This was very poor craftsmanship from the factory.
Edit: I must re iterate that Horizon sent me all new parts no questions asked and they were very attentive to all issues. They even let me keep the parts to fix so I have no issues
Last edited by Muttdog; 12-25-2015 at 08:36 AM.
Old 12-25-2015, 12:07 PM
Find More Posts by ttaylor63
United States, TX, Floresville
Joined Apr 2011
164 Posts
HH shows to have in stock now.
ttaylor63 is offline Find More Posts by ttaylor63
Old 12-25-2015, 12:31 PM
Find More Posts by BlinkguY
United States, NJ, Newark
Joined Feb 2014
281 Posts
That's just crazy
BlinkguY is offline Find More Posts by BlinkguY
Old 12-25-2015, 03:20 PM
Find More Posts by slowgto
United States, FL, Wellington
Joined Oct 2014
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaylor63 View Post
HH shows to have in stock now.
crazy! I wonder if we made enough noise that they decided killing it was a bad idea?
slowgto is offline Find More Posts by slowgto
Old 12-26-2015, 12:07 PM
Joined Feb 2013
2,025 Posts
Yeah I asked my contact about that and he says it's limited inventory and will sell out. guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'd buy it now if you want one.
Old 01-06-2016, 07:26 AM
Joined Feb 2013
2,025 Posts
Guys I'm heading in a different direction and need to sell the Carden to fund it. I'll be posting it in the classifieds soon but if your interested please PM me. I have a TON of parts almost a complete spare airframe only requiring a cowl and stabs to complete. DA60, Powersafe RX, Savox 1270's, fiji tank, carbon gear, wing/stab tubes, tech aero IBEC, 2 1700 LiFe, one click style servo connectors etc. Everything has about 1.5 hours total flight time. Shipping via greyhound is no problem. This really is 2 planes in one deal and with the plane now disco'd having the spare parts on hand will be priceless. $2k is the price BNF plus shipping but I can separate down to the airframe. All airframe parts go together I will not break up. Again, PM me with any questions.
Old 01-06-2016, 07:40 AM
Find More Posts by slowgto
United States, FL, Wellington
Joined Oct 2014
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muttdog View Post
Guys I'm heading in a different direction and need to sell the Carden to fund it. I'll be posting it in the classifieds soon but if your interested please PM me. I have a TON of parts almost a complete spare airframe only requiring a cowl and stabs to complete. DA60, Powersafe RX, Savox 1270's, fiji tank, carbon gear, wing/stab tubes, tech aero IBEC, 2 1700 LiFe, one click style servo connectors etc. Everything has about 1.5 hours total flight time. Shipping via greyhound is no problem. This really is 2 planes in one deal and with the plane now disco'd having the spare parts on hand will be priceless. $2k is the price BNF plus shipping but I can separate down to the airframe. All airframe parts go together I will not break up. Again, PM me with any questions.
Scary. I just did the same thing. I have a ton of parts and a whole spare kit now too.
slowgto is offline Find More Posts by slowgto