logo
Old 03-25-2007, 10:52 AM
Find More Posts by harv
it wont go any lower
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Feb 2006
2,920 Posts
kalt enforer. anyone flown it?

hey guys, last month i picked up a kalt enforcer from a club swap meet, TOTTALLY raedy to fly for 100 bucks. the heli was brand new never flown. and iw as wondering, has anyone flown it before?

harv
harv is offline Find More Posts by harv
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 03-25-2007, 11:23 AM
Find More Posts by rcplane
Redding, CA
Joined Feb 2006
255 Posts
Re: kalt enforer. anyone flown it?

I have had 2 of them. A Long Long Time Ago They were a beginer Heli back in the day. You should have a hard time with trying to get replacment parts (if we are talking the same Heli).
It hasn't been made for some time but was fun to fly. If you are new to Heli flying it would be good to learn on but that darn parts issue will haunt you!
If we are indeed talking the same Kalt Enforcer I owned you might be better off reselling it and getting something that you can get parts for. First though I would take it to a good Heli shop and ask if anything can be replaced with more modern gear. If you can. cool..... Keep it and fly, fly, fly

Mike
rcplane is offline Find More Posts by rcplane
Old 03-25-2007, 11:23 AM
Find More Posts by as722
Pennsyvania
Joined Jan 2006
1,592 Posts

Yes, I had one a long time ago. There were two enforcers, the basic model had blue, red and white graphics and the more expensive model had green graphics. It has a very unique planetary gear train and overall was a good heli for it's time. Unfortunately if you crash it you whon't be able to get parts as kalt went out of bussiness as far as I know. It brings back memories, when I had mine mechanical gyros were the only ones available. We've since seen piezo and heading hold gyros.

Albert
as722 is offline Find More Posts by as722
Old 03-25-2007, 11:33 AM
Find More Posts by harv
it wont go any lower
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Feb 2006
2,920 Posts

yes, as i already realize it doesnt have any parts, but if i have some minor crashes, i mgiht be able to try and see if i can substitute different after market parts, and if that doesnt work, ill have 5 servos, a radio, and reciver, and an old anolog gyro(the one that spins) and i can set up a whole new heli(mgiht need a new gyro). if i can sell this one off, i would get a century, or a raptor.

harv
Old 03-25-2007, 01:08 PM
Find More Posts by Shawn Berkheimer
Joined Jan 2006
642 Posts

It will most likly survive a minor tip over but thats about it. The flybar is 3mm so replacements there will be easy to find. Blades should be no problem, tail boom should be interchangeable with with some of the Hirobo helis. Be very careful with the start cone. They had a habit of getting torn up fairly easily. You may want to see if you can find a starter probe setup for it.

The biggest issue I see id that thesw were prone to boom strikes. The flex plate type head was really too flexable, some guys were even adding a second plate to the head. If you come down moderatly hard holding any aft at all it will likley boom strike.

You may want to call some of the heli shps around that used to stock the heli and see if they have any remaining parts. Heli world in San Jose comes to mind. Just let them know that you would like to set a price for whatever they have.

Shawn
Shawn Berkheimer is offline Find More Posts by Shawn Berkheimer
Old 03-25-2007, 01:34 PM
Find More Posts by rcplane
Redding, CA
Joined Feb 2006
255 Posts

Ya what Shawn said.
Heli World used to be the best place for parts.

Mike
rcplane is offline Find More Posts by rcplane
Old 03-25-2007, 02:47 PM
Find More Posts by harv
it wont go any lower
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Feb 2006
2,920 Posts

i think bout that. but the thing is, if there is any damage for example a boom gets twisted up. my dad is a cnc machinis, so if the hole is to big, he can make a bushing, or whole to small he can bore it out. but wat about blades, will i have to order special from somewhere that carries that, or will any brand work?

harv
Old 03-29-2007, 06:26 PM
Find More Posts by rede2fly
GRAVITY SUCKS
florida
Joined Jan 2006
4,821 Posts

i had 3 of those and they were not a beginners heli. i never had a boom strike like the shuttle z did when inverted. i still have my kalt purple tee shirt never wore it. those flew great for their time. great hovering and aerobatic as well. if i remember correct the blades were 530 mm. i will have to look and see what issue the review was in. nope he did it in rc modler. and i read rotory modeler. i still have all i ever bought. man i had it bad. get in touch with eric hawkinson at heli proz he did a review on them. haha and kirt at heliproz i sold him his first heli ever. guess what it was? yep... a kalt enforcer.. i told him about the gear train and to use blue loctight. he was back asking me how to take it apart.. he used red.. haha but hey we all started somewhere. that was back in 96 or 97. if you call them guys tell em richard from R&B hobbies said hi.
rede2fly is offline Find More Posts by rede2fly
Old 04-12-2007, 12:47 AM
Find More Posts by Nebgonf
Flyin' Around
Toronto
Joined Oct 2006
5 Posts

i got two ready to fly enforcers plus enough parts to build another one all forsale. Mesg me if your interested and name a price.
Nebgonf is offline Find More Posts by Nebgonf
Old 04-17-2007, 04:47 PM
Find More Posts by steph280
United States, CA, Irvine
Joined Oct 2006
22 Posts

I flew the heck out of one back in the early 90's. The gear may be your biggest problem should you need replacement. They will strip with a hard enough crash. And none of the heli has gears even close to it. The only other heli I know of that has the planetary gear design is Thunder Tiger's Emperio, but that is a 90 sized machine.

For $100 it's a steal. Just fly it until it's beyond repair, and then move the equipment to a new heli kit.
steph280 is offline Find More Posts by steph280

Quick Reply