logo
Old 04-09-2012, 06:51 AM
Find More Posts by wecoyote
Super Genius
Colonial Heights, VA
Joined Sep 2008
1,159 Posts
Guys,
This "Alburton" has a total of 13 posts and 11 of those are bashing the Aurora 9. He first posted about his crash on 09/08/2011 and has not stoped bitching about it since and does not seem to want help figuring out what happened. Just wants to bitch about it.

Lets move on AWAY from this guy and enjoy our AWSOME radios.
wecoyote is offline Find More Posts by wecoyote
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 04-09-2012, 07:00 AM
Find More Posts by Chris Todd
Suspended Account
United States
Joined Dec 2007
1,508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150flyer View Post
I really think you need to get to the bottom of what happened and why. Hitec supports their products better than most - maybe the best. It is impressive that Mike is available in this forum. Let is was stated about....don't give up!

I remember about a year ago, FG had one post after another about lock outs with JR/Spektrum and how great the A9 was. Now it seems the A9 is getting a lot of flak. Personally I would buy an A9 and fly it with confidence.
I sold my A9 because I got a great deal on a 14MZ. I never had an issue with my Aurora, in fact, it saved my plane when the telemetry noted that my A123 pack had unexpectedly dropped a cell. It's by far one of the best and easiest radios for it's price.
Chris Todd is offline Find More Posts by Chris Todd
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 04-09-2012, 07:33 AM
Find More Posts by Gutzy
Pin it! To win it!
United States, MN, St. Michael
Joined Sep 2011
339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wecoyote View Post
Guys,
This "Alburton" has a total of 13 posts and 11 of those are bashing the Aurora 9. He first posted about his crash on 09/08/2011 and has not stoped bitching about it since and does not seem to want help figuring out what happened. Just wants to bitch about it.

WORD!! I have had 0 issues with mine, love it!!!!!!
Gutzy is offline Find More Posts by Gutzy
Old 04-09-2012, 10:47 AM
Find More Posts by 2.4ghz
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Feb 2010
659 Posts
ya know guys I have sold 3 A9's sense I had my mishap with the radio, you all can not give up. now as far as Chris Todd he had a real good excuse to switch he himself got a good radio but it had to be a good deal or he would of stuck with the A9 for sure. There are answers for the problems. I got a buddy in NC that i go to Nall with every year and he was a F guy for 20+ years and he heard of all my problems and was like most of the guys saying Ron get rid of that POS and get yourself a real radio, well I told him I have a real radio and he said yes you do and all it does is crash planes, I told him Hitec will find the problem and of course they did, now I am real anal when it comes to setting up my planes and each plane that went down i tried different things to see if it was really me, of course this was on my cheap planes 300+ I found out it was not my set ups it was a bad module, I have been flying for over 30 years now and have had every radio on the market and ALL of them had issues, I love this radio so much i could not give up. Now after flying with it for the last 5/6 months I have not had ANY issues even with my 50% scale pober pixie and my 30% pitts. I will fly any airplane with this radio even yours with a check right beside it to give to you if something went wrong, Now that is not saying that there are some still out there that might be having a few issues but DO NOT GIVE UP. Oh ya by the way my buddy that has been a F radio guy now flys with a A9 and can not believe how easy this radio is to set up and why I did not tell him earlier about it
2.4ghz is offline Find More Posts by 2.4ghz
Old 04-09-2012, 06:18 PM
Find More Posts by Eganwp
Jesus saves!
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Feb 2009
1,025 Posts
Just wanted to give a quick update. I flew 6 flights this weekend, as well as a bunch a few weekends ago on my Edge and had absolutely 0 issues, all since the new RX firmware which I had started testing end of last fall before winter. All seems perfect and the new firmware made a huge range difference compared to the older ones. I even tried flying a portion of one flight with the tx antenna pointed directly at the plane which in firmwares past, would cause immediate and absolute glitching. Absolutely perfect on the new firmware and my ground checks are well over 400+ yards from 105? yards previously in range check mode .

Travis
Eganwp is offline Find More Posts by Eganwp
Old 04-09-2012, 06:42 PM
Joined Feb 2010
659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eganwp View Post
Just wanted to give a quick update. I flew 6 flights this weekend, as well as a bunch a few weekends ago on my Edge and had absolutely 0 issues, all since the new RX firmware which I had started testing end of last fall before winter. All seems perfect and the new firmware made a huge range difference compared to the older ones. I even tried flying a portion of one flight with the tx antenna pointed directly at the plane which in firmwares past, would cause immediate and absolute glitching. Absolutely perfect on the new firmware and my ground checks are well over 400+ yards from 105? yards previously in range check mode .

Travis

Travis
what are the latest updates now for module and rx's I think i am using them now but its good to make sure. I have not had any issues at all either ya whooooooooooo. I am using Receiver Firmware Version 2.02 and 3.01 one the Module
Last edited by 2.4ghz; 04-09-2012 at 10:30 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:59 AM
Find More Posts by A.T.
New Zealand
Joined Oct 2008
302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.4ghz View Post
Travis
what are the latest updates now for module and rx's I think i am using them now but its good to make sure. I have not had any issues at all either ya whooooooooooo. I am using Receiver Firmware Version 2.02 and 3.01 one the Module
Hitec RCD USA homepages:
2.4GHz Firmware & Software Updates

Hitec HPP-22 2.4GHz Programmer - Manual, FAQ - How to Install & Use (with screenshots).
"Current firmware for optimum performance:
. Aurora 9 V1.08(1) 10 July 2011
. Optic 6 Sport V1.04(1)
. Spectra 2.4Ghz Module firmware V3.01 18 April 2011
(How to update Hitec TX with fixed "modules" such as Eclipse 7 Pro, Optic 6 Sport & Optic 5)
. Optima 6, 7 & 9 Ch Transceiver Firmware V2.02(0) 07 Oct 2011
. HPP-22 Software Version V1.12(0) - 05 March 2012 (Details and pictorial "How to" install) "

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:58 AM
Joined Feb 2010
659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T. View Post
Hitec RCD USA homepages:
2.4GHz Firmware & Software Updates

Hitec HPP-22 2.4GHz Programmer - Manual, FAQ - How to Install & Use (with screenshots).
"Current firmware for optimum performance:
. Aurora 9 V1.08(1) 10 July 2011
. Optic 6 Sport V1.04(1)
. Spectra 2.4Ghz Module firmware V3.01 18 April 2011
(How to update Hitec TX with fixed "modules" such as Eclipse 7 Pro, Optic 6 Sport & Optic 5)
. Optima 6, 7 & 9 Ch Transceiver Firmware V2.02(0) 07 Oct 2011
. HPP-22 Software Version V1.12(0) - 05 March 2012 (Details and pictorial "How to" install) "

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

THANKS ALAN
Old 04-10-2012, 09:09 AM
Find More Posts by GonePostal
United States, FL, Pembroke Pines
Joined Aug 2007
2,807 Posts
350 plus flights on my SU and love the A9.
GonePostal is offline Find More Posts by GonePostal
Old 04-20-2012, 11:48 AM
Find More Posts by Reigard
Joined Aug 2010
10 Posts
I just recieved a new HTS-voice and gps unit. Got it updated and installed, the speed anouncement is correct but the altitude keeps announcing about 5300'.
Anyone know if this will correct itself after a flight or two or do you think i have a bad unit ?

I set the unit for "relative", and my atltitude where I'm at should be between 40 and 50 feet.

Thanks...
Reigard is offline Find More Posts by Reigard
Last edited by Reigard; 04-20-2012 at 11:54 AM.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:03 PM
Find More Posts by Mike Mayberry
Poway, CA
Joined Mar 2006
798 Posts
You need to reset the voice module by pushing the Function button down when the altitude is announced. This will set it to your relative altitude and not sea level.

Mike.
Mike Mayberry is offline Find More Posts by Mike Mayberry
Old 04-20-2012, 06:38 PM
Find More Posts by GermanScott
Crosby, Tx.
Joined Nov 2010
96 Posts
Hitec steps up once again ! Thank You Mike ! You guys have been a great help the few times I've called...

Not sure what happened here, logged in on my other putr and got a different login... weird...

Reigard
GermanScott is offline Find More Posts by GermanScott
Old 04-21-2012, 07:47 PM
Find More Posts by Alburton
Joined Nov 2009
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbalanced View Post
Hitec has great customer service. I'd buy one if I didn't just pick up a 9303.
You have not idea how lucky you are by getting the 9303! Vice the Hitec.
Alburton is offline Find More Posts by Alburton
Old 04-21-2012, 07:51 PM
Joined Nov 2009
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Todd View Post
I sold my A9 because I got a great deal on a 14MZ. I never had an issue with my Aurora, in fact, it saved my plane when the telemetry noted that my A123 pack had unexpectedly dropped a cell. It's by far one of the best and easiest radios for it's price.
Now, why did you specifically drop the A9 and get the 14MZ?
Old 04-21-2012, 07:58 PM
Joined Nov 2009
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wecoyote View Post
Guys,

Well Tom,

Your post just cured me. No more bitching.....I'm ready to move on!!!!!! Happry flying

Quick Reply