logo
Old 03-15-2007, 08:44 PM
Find More Posts by fly4d
Michigan
Joined Apr 2006
21 Posts
T-Rex 450 and MX 400 pro

From what i understand many of the t-rex parts are interchangable with the MX 400. Does anybody know what parts are not? Also what heli would be the better beginer heli, when cost is a problem.
fly4d is offline Find More Posts by fly4d
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 03-15-2007, 08:47 PM
Find More Posts by JeeUm
United States, NY, Wading River
Joined Jan 2006
4,494 Posts
Re: T-Rex 450 and MX 400 pro

Trex's are great heli's for sure, but check out the Esky Belt Cp. You can get a RTF for $180 and they're getting pretty good reviews.

Most of the Trex parts are interchangable with that heli also.
JeeUm is offline Find More Posts by JeeUm
Old 03-17-2007, 08:58 AM
Find More Posts by BTerry
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Dec 2006
1,474 Posts

The T-rex and and MX-400 were designed by the same guy, Li Chann. Many parts are interchangeable, but I can't give you a list here. If you search runryder.com or x-400tuning.com or trextuning.com you will find lists of interchangeable parts.

If you are a beginner the MX-400 is much more stable and the aluminum frame tends to be more durable. That said, the T-Rex has a greatly improved tail rotor slider and blade grips, and more options on blades, etc. You can greatly improve the stability of the T-Rex by placing large wheel collars on the flybar out next to the paddles.

My X-400 has many T-rex parts, including the T-rex blade grips, tail slider and blade grips, extended boom, and many others I can't remember at this time. I also have the X-400 CCPM kit with metal swashplate, metal tail gearbox, boom-mounted digital tail servo, etc. It is super-stable, almost as stable as my Raptor 30, and far better than the Piccolo-type helis I had before.

If you want amazing deals on parts for the X-400/MX-400 send me a PM and I will send you an email address of the guy I buy from. His prices are untouchable and I don't feel comfortable posting his contact info on a forum.
BTerry is offline Find More Posts by BTerry
Old 03-17-2007, 08:59 AM
Find More Posts by BTerry
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Dec 2006
1,474 Posts

I haven't seen the E-Sky helis recently but they are far better than they were a few years ago. If they have a belt-drive heli I am sure it is nice and smooth. Just make sure you can get parts!

**EDIT**
I just realized Helidirect carries the E-Sky Belt CP. What a great-looking heli! And Helidirect is in Malden, Mass so parts should be easily available. Thanks for the heads-up on that one Jeeum.
BTerry is offline Find More Posts by BTerry
Last edited by BTerry; 03-17-2007 at 09:19 AM.
Old 03-17-2007, 01:53 PM
Find More Posts by JeeUm
United States, NY, Wading River
Joined Jan 2006
4,494 Posts

I've got the CF version and have only hovered it in the garage so far, so I can't give a really accurate description of how it flies but I'm happy with it so far.
JeeUm is offline Find More Posts by JeeUm

Quick Reply