Team WTFO
USA, SD, Worthing
Joined Mar 2006
9,612 Posts
Re: EQ6 Usage for newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrritchey View Post
Hi,
Just a note here, when you start adjusting servos, its best to power up with the function at "0" and then move the channel to the channel you want to adjust the servos on and then move the function to "1" to adjust servo A, "2" to adjust servo B and so forth. You do not need to power down the unit when moving between channels or functions. I am not sure if this is clear in the instructions.
The instructions are clear. Just follow them and you will be good to go.
ericb is offline Find More Posts by ericb
Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 09-21-2009, 11:12 AM
Find More Posts by jonathanmanopla
Estados Unidos, FL, Miami
Joined Oct 2006
1,339 Posts

thanks antony i make all you tell me and its good know only one question more doing this the atv on the tx has to go to max throws o on the preset of fabris for the tx
jonathanmanopla is offline Find More Posts by jonathanmanopla
Old 09-21-2009, 02:48 PM
Find More Posts by Oilsands
Oilsands
Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
Joined Nov 2007
1,443 Posts

You could leave it at the default or better yet adjust it to close to max range. If you programmed your Eq6 already, making any changes to the settings on your Tx will change the throws of your surfaces. So that would mean you need to re-program the Eq6 again. Not sure if this answered your question as I did not fully understand the last part of your post (fabris?).
Oilsands is offline Find More Posts by Oilsands
Old 09-21-2009, 03:01 PM
Joined Oct 2006
1,339 Posts

aa sorry its fabric haha thanks that its the answer i want thanks
Old 09-21-2009, 03:08 PM
Find More Posts by Oilsands
Oilsands
Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
Joined Nov 2007
1,443 Posts

Your welcome.
Oilsands is offline Find More Posts by Oilsands
Old 09-21-2009, 08:30 PM
Joined Oct 2006
1,339 Posts

anthony thanks for all now i set my plane thankss for all
Old 01-20-2010, 08:56 PM
Find More Posts by jimbomilligan
Long Island, NY
Joined Feb 2006
1,448 Posts

So is it better to start the tx with higher ATV like 130 then do the programming or leave at standard settings and adjust with eQ 6. Would starting with 130 atv give better resloution? Plus how would subtrim and standard trim effect the Eq6 settings?
jimbomilligan is offline Find More Posts by jimbomilligan
Old 01-21-2010, 08:36 AM
Find More Posts by rrritchey
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Sep 2006
447 Posts

Hi,
You should leave some room at the top of your transmitter ATV range for adjustments and for the Eq6 (or Eq10) to modify the pulse length. Some digital servos act very badly if they get pulses that are too long or too short. You should always make sure you stay within the range of 0.75ms to 2.25ms as absolute maximums, this may be too much for some digital servos. Higher ATVs on your transmitter will give you better resolution but you need to be aware of the pulse lengths as a result.
rrritchey is offline Find More Posts by rrritchey
Site Sponsor
Old 04-15-2010, 07:59 PM
Find More Posts by Edgeman 540
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2008
3,380 Posts

subsribed
Edgeman 540 is offline Find More Posts by Edgeman 540
Old 04-16-2010, 09:22 AM
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Sep 2006
447 Posts

Hi,
Thanks for all the help guys. One thing I should make very clear, DO NOT connect any servos to the receiver. The receiver has a 1 amp regulator. A stalled servo, even a small one could overload this regulator. Plug all servos into the servo outputs of the Eq6 or any PowerExpander/PowerSystem. You can plug electronic controls into the receiver like a smoke pump control (but not its power), a jet ECU, jet electronic valve controls, etc. I will reiterate, NO "Y"s should ever be used. There is one trick if you absolutely run out of channels to get a servo control plugged into the receiver. You can take an extension, pull the signal wire out of the receiver plug connection and put a second plug on the signal wire. Now you will have an extension with two male plugs, one power, one signal. Plug the power into an unused servo output port of the PowerExpander/PowerSystem, plug the signal plug into the receiver. The control for the servo comes from the receiver but the power comes from the PowerExpander/PowerSystem. Let me know if there is anything else I can clear up.
Site Sponsor
Old 07-11-2010, 08:04 AM
Find More Posts by Air Screw
Joined Mar 2010
173 Posts

With the lateset purchase for the 100cc plane of the EQ6, I'm trying to figure it all out too...

Having 5 pamphlets in the EQ6 package to read through yet none actually providing any sort of "start here and proceed as such" kind of direction's, it's been (to me anyway) fairly murky on what exactly needs to happen first, second, third...etc.

Just don't wanna mess anything up.
Air Screw is offline Find More Posts by Air Screw
Old 07-11-2010, 08:09 AM
Find More Posts by E260
FUTABA
Cleveland Ohio
Joined Feb 2010
841 Posts

hi

just think of it as a big giant matchbox.

to set yor center position leave stick centered. to set travel deflect stick all the way to side or foward. rember if your in port 2 and servo is in connection b , you have to set your abc indicator dials correctly to adjust the servo.

e260
Bryon
E260 is offline Find More Posts by E260
Old 07-11-2010, 11:26 AM
Find More Posts by sweetpea
If you can't HUCK it BLING IT!
United States, OH, Lebanon
Joined Jan 2006
11,244 Posts

Start with calibration. This sets your EQ6 to your RX and servos. From there adjust your wing servos. Couple a ways to do it. One way lets you adjust each servo while the other freewheel. My favorite way is where you set the first servo then move to the next in line. It adds power to each servo in order so you don't fry one up like a match box can do.

Once you get the hang of the EQ6 you won't need the instruction manuals.
sweetpea is offline Find More Posts by sweetpea
Old 07-12-2010, 09:36 AM
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Sep 2006
447 Posts

Hi,
If you need some guidance you can call us (480-460-2652). I can walk you through the basic steps.
Basically you need to do the Options Menu first, reset, calibrate is optional, set the Endpoint-hold and Priority mode on any channels you want (you can completely skip this also and it will act just like a Matchbox). Go back to run, best to power cycle here. Then start setting up your channel's centers and endpoints. Set one servo (usually A) on a channel then match the other servo(s) to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Screw View Post
With the lateset purchase for the 100cc plane of the EQ6, I'm trying to figure it all out too...

Having 5 pamphlets in the EQ6 package to read through yet none actually providing any sort of "start here and proceed as such" kind of direction's, it's been (to me anyway) fairly murky on what exactly needs to happen first, second, third...etc.

Just don't wanna mess anything up.
Site Sponsor
Old 07-23-2010, 06:11 AM
Find More Posts by Air Screw
Joined Mar 2010
173 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrritchey View Post
Hi,
If you need some guidance you can call us (480-460-2652). I can walk you through the basic steps.
Basically you need to do the Options Menu first, reset, calibrate is optional, set the Endpoint-hold and Priority mode on any channels you want (you can completely skip this also and it will act just like a Matchbox). Go back to run, best to power cycle here. Then start setting up your channel's centers and endpoints. Set one servo (usually A) on a channel then match the other servo(s) to it.

Thank you for the offer of support.

I called a buddy who has one & he got me started, then it was a cake walk from there.

Excellent product, it's great having everything in one package.
Air Screw is offline Find More Posts by Air Screw

Quick Reply