logo
Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2016, 08:28 AM
winter is online now
Find More Posts by winter
Registered User
winter's Avatar
Česká republika
Joined Dec 2012
94 Posts
Hi JLC,
if it is a question for me? I made it myself. Fans for PC 50x50mm, aluminum tapes, metal box, switch, LiPo 3s 1000 mAh . *** winter ***
winter is online now Find More Posts by winter
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 10:11 AM
JuStOnE is online now
Find More Posts by JuStOnE
USA 2014 IMAC World Team
JuStOnE's Avatar
United States, PA, Lumberville
Joined Jul 2013
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by winter View Post
Hi guys,

Forced cooling of the engine after landing. ***winter***
Great idea!!! Do they both blow air into the cowl, or 1 in and 1 out?

Actually, now that I think it through, it might work best if both pulled air out.....the heat from the engine will want to rise anyway, so why not help it get out the highest point (with the plane sitting on its gear). Cool air near the bottom of the cowl would be drawn in there, as well as along any canister tunnel vents.
JuStOnE is online now Find More Posts by JuStOnE
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 03:04 PM
jlc is offline
jlc
Find More Posts by jlc
jlc
Registered User
jlc's Avatar
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Jan 2012
339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by winter View Post
Hi JLC,
if it is a question for me? I made it myself. Fans for PC 50x50mm, aluminum tapes, metal box, switch, LiPo 3s 1000 mAh . *** winter ***
Nice fabrication job.
jlc is offline Find More Posts by jlc
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 12:33 AM
bss_flyinggiants is offline
Find More Posts by bss_flyinggiants
Registered User
Joined Mar 2009
157 Posts
How's everyone who built this plane liking it's flight characteristics? Any comparison to EF extra 104 (only wrt flying, say 3D flying ).
Are the wing and stab incidence issues sorted out in 2015/2016 versions? How about the thrust angle? Is it built in or one needs to put washers etc? Few decisions to make before I pull the trigger on this one :-)
Thanks in advance.
bss_flyinggiants is offline Find More Posts by bss_flyinggiants
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 01:17 PM
winter is online now
Find More Posts by winter
Registered User
winter's Avatar
Česká republika
Joined Dec 2012
94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlc View Post
Nice fabrication job.
***winter***
winter is online now Find More Posts by winter
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 03:24 PM
TazmanianDevil is online now
Find More Posts by TazmanianDevil
No Guts No Glory!
TazmanianDevil's Avatar
Jerusalem, Israel
Joined Jan 2006
1,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuStOnE View Post
Great idea!!! Do they both blow air into the cowl, or 1 in and 1 out?

Actually, now that I think it through, it might work best if both pulled air out.....the heat from the engine will want to rise anyway, so why not help it get out the highest point (with the plane sitting on its gear). Cool air near the bottom of the cowl would be drawn in there, as well as along any canister tunnel vents.
I reckon that the air outside the cowl is even colder then the one inside.
The idea is to force the air to go to the cylinder head fins and cool them by imitating the air flow while flying.
The problem is after you cut the the engine, with a narrow cowl the temp is rising so youll need to cool the engine and not to take the radiant heat away which wont be that effective I guess, that method though can really work on the cans, which has a radiant heat that needs to be deflected or transfer.
I have the same but with 97 mm fans and it works like a charm, even on hot as 110F
TazmanianDevil is online now Find More Posts by TazmanianDevil
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 11:53 PM
winter is online now
Find More Posts by winter
Registered User
winter's Avatar
Česká republika
Joined Dec 2012
94 Posts
Yes, the air is pushed inwardly as during flight . It works well. ***winter***
winter is online now Find More Posts by winter
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 08:46 PM
bjon is offline
Find More Posts by bjon
Registered User
bjon's Avatar
Alberta Canada
Joined Jul 2006
79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bss_flyinggiants View Post
How's everyone who built this plane liking it's flight characteristics? Any comparison to EF extra 104 (only wrt flying, say 3D flying ).
Are the wing and stab incidence issues sorted out in 2015/2016 versions? How about the thrust angle? Is it built in or one needs to put washers etc? Few decisions to make before I pull the trigger on this one :-)
Thanks in advance.
I am also very close to pulling the pin on getting this plane. Can someone who has been flying a later version please chime in ?
bjon is offline Find More Posts by bjon
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 01:15 PM
Pittsflyboy is offline
Find More Posts by Pittsflyboy
Registered User
Pittsflyboy's Avatar
Arlington, TX USA
Joined Dec 2006
1,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjon View Post
I am also very close to pulling the pin on getting this plane. Can someone who has been flying a later version please chime in ?
I like mine, it flies well , I'm also downsizing and i think I will sell it.
Pittsflyboy is offline Find More Posts by Pittsflyboy
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 01:18 PM
Surfer Dude is online now
Find More Posts by Surfer Dude
Team Futaba
Surfer Dude's Avatar
Chicago, IL
Joined Jan 2006
347 Posts
I like mine but my interest has gone towards F3A pattern flying lately, mine is for sale but flies great!
Surfer Dude is online now Find More Posts by Surfer Dude
Reply With Quote



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools