logo
Old 04-06-2013, 09:54 PM
Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
IMAC NC ARD
Joined Jan 2009
11,130 Posts
got to play with the XG14 today. I did like it. It was rather light in weight and im not sure if i like that or not. but it did feel good. looks like the power safe style recievers will be released soon in the states also. i talked to one of the reps at the toledo show and he stated that the 14 will have the ability to use two 7 channels recievers and split the channels between the two. 1-7 on one reciever and 8-14 on the other. I really like this option.
jamesrxx951 is offline Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 04-07-2013, 04:02 AM
Find More Posts by Four Stroker
Joined Jan 2008
682 Posts
How much of the stick is actually metal ? Did you look at the stick assembly on the table ?
Four Stroker is offline Find More Posts by Four Stroker
Old 04-07-2013, 05:32 AM
Find More Posts by Rob2160
Flyin' Around
Joined Jul 2011
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesrxx951 View Post
got to play with the XG14 today. I did like it. It was rather light in weight and im not sure if i like that or not. but it did feel good. looks like the power safe style recievers will be released soon in the states also. i talked to one of the reps at the toledo show and he stated that the 14 will have the ability to use two 7 channels recievers and split the channels between the two. 1-7 on one reciever and 8-14 on the other. I really like this option.

I don't think light weight is necessarily a bad thing.. we tend to equate weight to quality which may have applied in the past...

I have a Series 80 Kraft radio that is all metal cased, metal gimbals, and heavy 9.6 v nicads inside.. it actually weighs a ton now when I pick it up.. Never complained about the weight before because all quality radios of that era weighed about the same..

Technology advances, the plastics we have these days are light and strong, Batteries are lighter with more capacity..

When I bought my first 2.4ghz radio (a Spektrum DX6i) 4 years ago, It felt too light and plastic and I almost couldn't take it seriously because it almost felt like a toy compared to my older radios. but after 4 years and more than 10,000 flights on this radio it has proven itself to me, it has been far more reliable than my Kraft which needed routine tuning and servicing, and has infinitely better battery life (like 5 times longer) and much better line of sight range (1500meters in the 40 MHz Kraft vs over 5000 meters in the Spektrum ) It has far more accurate gimbals that have not drifted or lost any accuracy over a very busy 4 years (probably 10 times more usage in this DX6i than my Kraft had in 20 years)

So I dont equate weight to quality anymore.. the new generation of radios have proven themselves to me.. they are the best I have used in 34 years in this hobby no question..

30 years of technology...

Old Planes and Kraft Radio-1/2 (4 min 25 sec)
Rob2160 is offline Find More Posts by Rob2160
Last edited by Rob2160; 04-07-2013 at 05:38 AM.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:36 AM
Find More Posts by Jedei120
Orange, Texas
Joined Dec 2007
323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob2160 View Post
Have you actually flown with an 11x?

If you have spent some time with one you wouldnt say its like the radios in the shopping mall. They are cheap junk that you can see a mile away... The JR11x is heavy and solid and feels great.

Its beautiful to fly with and in my opinion one of the best and coolest looking radios out there.. (I'm 48. No teenager.... LOL). Seriously. I understand its just my opinion but the looks are why I bought TWO of the JR11xs, i know JR make nice radios but they always looked so boring to me.

Even my Gal thinks the 11x is the best looking radio I have.

Just out of interest... Do you know the story behind the 11x design?

I have 2 futaba 8fgs , Spektrum DX8s and 7s and the two 11xs and if you actually use the 11 x for a while it screams style and quality compared to the other radios I operate.

I appreciate beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but just putting another perspective on your comment, All things being equal in quality, I will never buy a radio that I don't like the look of, and the 11x had me at hello....

A few vids here

8FG DX8 and JR11X side by side - YouTube

A pair of Cylons - YouTube
That's like asking me to marry the ugly woman for her other qualities. Nobody in my neck of the woods likes JR's current case designs. The XG11 is however viewed as the least hard on the eyes! I'm hoping JR's replacement to the 12X isn't the XG14 barn owl. I just bought me a new 12X this past week. This was also done to retain DSM compatibility. If I see something in the future I like I will sell it.
Jedei120 is offline Find More Posts by Jedei120
Old 04-07-2013, 08:44 AM
Find More Posts by Bikman
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2011
854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesrxx951 View Post
looks like the power safe style recievers will be released soon in the states also.
true. http://www.jrpropo.co.jp/english/new...ts.php?no=1806
Bikman is offline Find More Posts by Bikman
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 04-07-2013, 10:27 AM
Find More Posts by aviti
St Louis, MO
Joined Jan 2006
1,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcastine View Post
Doug, I couldn't agree more. Bought a 12X because I needed DSMX for a high-traffic environment (Joe Nall, NATS, etc.), but am now back to using my 10X with DSM2 module as I don't currently have any high-traffic events. The 10X is just so much easier to use than the 12X; and frankly the programming for the 12 isn't all that much better than the 10.

Pete
The 10X was a nice radio but I didn't miss the touch screen at all going to the 12X. All the transmitters today are worlds ahead of what they were 8 years ago.

I read these threads and just laugh. So many great options, buy what you like.
aviti is offline Find More Posts by aviti
Old 04-07-2013, 07:05 PM
Find More Posts by Rob2160
Flyin' Around
Joined Jul 2011
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedei120 View Post
That's like asking me to marry the ugly woman for her other qualities. Nobody in my neck of the woods likes JR's current case designs. The XG11 is however viewed as the least hard on the eyes! I'm hoping JR's replacement to the 12X isn't the XG14 barn owl. I just bought me a new 12X this past week. This was also done to retain DSM compatibility. If I see something in the future I like I will sell it.
Fair enough.. You shouldnt buy a radio you don't like the look of, everyone is different and beauty is always in the eye of the beholder... After flying with boring rectangular boxes for 30 years I am happy they are now putting style into the tranmitter designs..

There is enough variety to keep everyone happy...
Rob2160 is offline Find More Posts by Rob2160
Last edited by Rob2160; 04-08-2013 at 08:36 AM.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:35 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2011
854 Posts
€445 = $483 (no taxes for USA)
this is the lowest price I have seen...http://elektromodely.com/modely/prod...oducts_id=7087
Old 04-28-2013, 10:11 PM
Find More Posts by TBone08
United States, MD, Bethesda
Joined Dec 2011
1,182 Posts
Bikman, can you share similar pages from other websites /countries ?
the one you added is for preorder.

I just bought the powersafe DMSS from EU the other day. wanna get a xg11 for it but prefer the 14 if can find it in more places to compare
TBone08 is offline Find More Posts by TBone08
Last edited by TBone08; 04-28-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:12 AM
Joined Dec 2011
1,182 Posts
Cheers !

now I got to figure out why it is better than the xg11 + if it'll work with the powersafe rg11313bpu
Last edited by TBone08; 04-29-2013 at 07:26 AM.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:37 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2011
854 Posts
looks like the JR factory......

Old 05-03-2013, 12:47 PM
Joined Dec 2011
1,182 Posts
would be cool to see the same, just in the local location would be amazing.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:04 PM
Find More Posts by Jkoch713
Hermit
Joined Jan 2008
1,607 Posts
I would like to see some transmitters with buttons on the "back side" were your fingers are.... when holding a transmitter...
It would be very easy to click in or out a couple of those and not having to move you hand or fingers, or even look down at your transmitter!/...
Jkoch713 is offline Find More Posts by Jkoch713
Old 05-03-2013, 06:06 PM
Find More Posts by Jkoch713
Hermit
Joined Jan 2008
1,607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputtmaru View Post
Attachment 542684

I have been a JR guy for many many years 10S,10X, 12X and just got a XG11 but this has tempted and won me over. Their telemetry is second to none and has been around for years. And the voice and switch assignment is infinite. Yes it is a new radio but I have been impressed by the way the software as evolved already based on customer feedback and demand.

I am keeping my JR transmitter for now just in case but I think they will collect dust soon

If I didn't have a 18mz, the Jeti would be my choice.
The 14chJr will not be the flagship model. It will compete with futaba's 14channel fastest radio..600+ price tag
It will be a 18ch. transmitter, and quite dif. than QQ, spectrum models....
This is just a guess....
Jkoch713 is offline Find More Posts by Jkoch713
Last edited by Jkoch713; 05-03-2013 at 06:35 PM.

Quick Reply