Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > Giant Scale Planes > Groundschool: 3D Flying and Aerobatics
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 03-09-2010, 07:37 AM   #61
BoneDoc
Closet Jesus Freak

Awards Showcase
F3A TEAM USA SUPPORTER!: F3A TEAM USA SUPPORTER! - Issue reason: You are BAD ASS, Thank you for supporting the 2009 F3A TEAM USA! 
Total Awards: 1
Default Re: BoneDoc's 3D Clinic: Hovering 101 - Finding Your Rhythm

Entering a hover from a harrier (once you learn it) is easier and MORE REPRODUCIBLE. All you have to do is pitch the elevator while adding throttle, similar in the way you enter a wall. The difference is that since you're at a post stall attitude, the plane will only pitch slightly, and will require several burst to get it into a hover.

BoneDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 11:15 PM   #62
Goober T.
Flyin' Around

Nice job Josh, and good info. What people have to realize, is, every plane flys different, no matter what their setup is. You can take 2 same planes, same motor, same servos, same radio, same throws, same expos, and same CG, and I promise you they will not fly the same in any condition. The sim is a great teacher, but in real life it is a new ball game, and that reset button isn't there. I can do all the 3D I want on the sim, but real life I struggle hard. Mental block?, yes, probably so, but sim is way to forgiving. I'm saying this so new 3D pilots understand that in real life, hang on to your hats and wallet, because it will cost you with out the proper help. Just my input from experience, and I'm also trying to do 3D in real life with a 30% YAK and have problems. The Flying Giants have given me geat help, but they can't fly the plane for me. What I have learned is, take all the advice you can get, and than apply it to your skills and hope for the best. I'm still looking for help.
Goober T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:42 AM   #63
Tommy Lee
Flyin' Around

Incredible! Thanx!!!
Tommy Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:06 AM   #64
Mithrandir
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

Torque Rolls might be old hat....

But I still love to do'em!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/nascarje.../0/i7saiVQKays

lol
Mithrandir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:00 PM   #65
jm_mac
Shut up....AND THROW DOWN!

Quote: Originally Posted by Mithrandir
View Post
Torque Rolls might be old hat....

But I still love to do'em!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/nascarje.../0/i7saiVQKays

lol
AND THE TORQUE ROLL MASTER SPEAKS..................You make a torque roll look easy mith.
jm_mac is offline   Reply With Quote