logo
Old 05-09-2013, 11:36 PM
Find More Posts by TimBle
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Dec 2010
4,983 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatspinjim View Post
Lets see if your tune is the same when you spend 3500 bucks for a paper wieght. I'm not talking 200 dollar 22cc engines. Missing a whole summer of IMAC contests because you can't get an engine serviced blows big time.
Next time be a little more careful when you tell someone to grow up!!
Grow up, you sound like a whining ungrateful kid.
TimBle is offline Find More Posts by TimBle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 05-10-2013, 12:21 AM
Find More Posts by jerrysu29
Rapid City S.D.
Joined May 2008
1,348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatspinjim View Post
The Mintor isn't mine, it's a friends. He does have a back up plane, but the big 4 cylinders are expensive.
I fly DA's...
So if you fly DA. Why are you here ? Are you here complaining for you friend about his Mintor ?
jerrysu29 is offline Find More Posts by jerrysu29
Old 05-10-2013, 06:33 AM
Find More Posts by Mike 48
Super Contributor
United States, CA, Indio
Joined Jul 2010
296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajstoyz View Post
Top Dawg has put all the Mintor stuff back on there web site. The Mintor 22cc shows up on there big banner.
I bought a Mintor 22 from Top Dawg last July, so it is a little less than one year old on a three year stated warranty. So far, it has run very well and no problems have surfaced.

A short while back, it was said that Top Dawg was no longer selling or doing any warranty work on any Mintor engine due to not getting any repair parts from the factory.

Now I see the above quote from ajstoyz saying TD is back in the game.

I, for one, would like to hear a comment from TD clarifying their relationship with Mintor. If my 22 develops a warranty issue within the three year period from date of purchase, will TD take care of it or am I SOL (sh*t outta luck).

I don't find shipping an engine back to Italy at my expense acceptable if it should require warranty service.

Mike 48
Mike 48 is offline Find More Posts by Mike 48
Old 05-10-2013, 06:53 AM
Find More Posts by flatspinjim
Ft Lupton CO
Joined Nov 2008
2,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrysu29 View Post
So if you fly DA. Why are you here ? Are you here complaining for you friend about his Mintor ?
Because I was this close to buying a 220 for myself. If TD would have had one in stock I would have bought it. Make no mistake, when running right the 220 is a monster of an engine.
flatspinjim is offline Find More Posts by flatspinjim
Old 05-10-2013, 08:29 AM
Find More Posts by Captinjohn 2
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2011
1,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 48 View Post
I bought a Mintor 22 from Top Dawg last July, so it is a little less than one year old on a three year stated warranty. So far, it has run very well and no problems have surfaced.

A short while back, it was said that Top Dawg was no longer selling or doing any warranty work on any Mintor engine due to not getting any repair parts from the factory.

Now I see the above quote from ajstoyz saying TD is back in the game.

I, for one, would like to hear a comment from TD clarifying their relationship with Mintor. If my 22 develops a warranty issue within the three year period from date of purchase, will TD take care of it or am I SOL (sh*t outta luck).

I don't find shipping an engine back to Italy at my expense acceptable if it should require warranty service.

Mike 48
Same here...it would be a good gesture for Top Dawg to let us know what his plans are about any warranty issue that may need attention.
Captinjohn 2 is offline Find More Posts by Captinjohn 2
Old 05-10-2013, 10:57 AM
Joined Dec 2010
4,983 Posts
I believe TopDawg will make their own announcement as soon as all assurances are in place and the new deal is done and dusted. Sometimes even handshakes take time
Old 05-10-2013, 11:01 AM
Find More Posts by SnowDog
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Nov 2009
310 Posts
I would believe that...after all, why would they start selling the products again if they weren't going to do the warranty work...it just doesn't make sense otherwise. Patience is in order, besides, what do we have to lose by waiting instead of assuming?
SnowDog is offline Find More Posts by SnowDog
Old 05-10-2013, 11:07 AM
Joined Dec 2010
4,983 Posts
yip, its in everyones interest to look for the best outcome possible. Shooting TDA or Mintor helps no one.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:10 PM
Find More Posts by scout440
Joined Sep 2013
591 Posts
NEED CARB PART

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg Service View Post
More data on the 22cc will be posted as it becomes available. Stay tuned
I got a Mintor 22 engine & it runs very good. It has a Walbro carb stamped made in Japan. The throttle shaft just broke. I need a phone number to call Ed to see if I can get another one. Seems like the new TDA website does not have a phone number. Thanks
scout440 is offline Find More Posts by scout440
Old 08-27-2014, 06:58 PM
Find More Posts by Skippykix
Retired USN
United States, TN, Oakland
Joined Mar 2007
493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scout440 View Post
I got a Mintor 22 engine & it runs very good. It has a Walbro carb stamped made in Japan. The throttle shaft just broke. I need a phone number to call Ed to see if I can get another one. Seems like the new TDA website does not have a phone number. Thanks
You can order it online from Top Dawg, it's $80. Here is the link to it http://www.topdawgaviation.com/Engin...-Engines-Parts
Skippykix is offline Find More Posts by Skippykix
Old 08-27-2014, 08:12 PM
Joined Sep 2013
591 Posts
Skippy, thank you for the reply. I do not need the entire carb. The throttle shaft broke right where the small screw that holds the throttle plate to the shaft. It did this when flying & I had to fly the 260 Pro at speed until it ran out of gas a 1/2 hour later. I took the carb off and the plate & small screw was still there. Now that is what I call good luck. That screw could have went in the engine at any time, but did not !!!

Does someone know TDA phone number? Maybe I can buy just the part I need. It is WT 107 793A Walbro carb made in Japan. 28 size throat. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:39 PM
Find More Posts by Skippykix
Retired USN
United States, TN, Oakland
Joined Mar 2007
493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scout440 View Post
Skippy, thank you for the reply. I do not need the entire carb. The throttle shaft broke right where the small screw that holds the throttle plate to the shaft. It did this when flying & I had to fly the 260 Pro at speed until it ran out of gas a 1/2 hour later. I took the carb off and the plate & small screw was still there. Now that is what I call good luck. That screw could have went in the engine at any time, but did not !!!

Does someone know TDA phone number? Maybe I can buy just the part I need. It is WT 107 793A Walbro carb made in Japan. 28 size throat. Thanks in advance.
I had the exact same flight as you did with my 260 Pro! I couldn't find the part so I just ended up buying a new carb from Top Dawg. FWI I have been flogging the living hell out of my Mintor 22 for almost two years now and it is still screaming.
Skippykix is offline Find More Posts by Skippykix
Old 08-28-2014, 10:45 AM
Joined Sep 2013
591 Posts
Skippy, I was going to replace the carb with a carb I had on another engine. Then I noticed the long hex head bolts that hold the carb on is a different size. The carb on the M22 had small bushings so smaller dia bolts can be used. I did some measuring & then replaced the shaft from the other carb. I got the engine ready to place back on airplane. May need to redo my throttle linkage so that will work. So off I go to finish the job. Them Walbro carbs sure are similar to each other. A good thing !

Scout over & out......
Old 08-28-2014, 01:29 PM
Joined Sep 2013
591 Posts
THROTTLE SHAFT

Well I got the engine back in the 260 Pro. I ran it & it runs good at the same needle settings. Got to finish new throttle hook-up and then go flying !
Old 08-28-2014, 03:13 PM
Joined Dec 2010
4,983 Posts
My 33 has developed the die in a blender problem again. time to lengthen that metering lever spring again

Quick Reply