Find More Posts by columbo
IMAC
United States, OK, Norman
Joined Jan 2006
1,015 Posts
Discussion
3DMAC??

Hey guys,

Why isn't there a type of formal aerobatic competition for 3D style flying similar to IMAC except we would be judged quantitatively on 3D maneuvers? I know there are free style competitions, but I am talking about a more formal type of 3D flying that would be similar to IMAC where you would fly a known sequence that would include flying on the wing as well as stalled aerobatic maneuvers, and each maneuver would have their own K factor similar to IMAC.

For example a small portion of the sequence might read like this...right box wall to 3 revolution tork roll then pull to inverted exit...show center pull to vertical...to waterfall to 1 and 1/2 flat spin then pull to inverted exit...etc.
columbo is offline Find More Posts by columbo
Last edited by columbo; 04-01-2012 at 12:51 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 03-31-2012, 09:54 PM
Find More Posts by flying skunks
FFAA for Life
Flying with the Best of Friends
Joined May 2006
19,622 Posts
Maybe because no one head taken the challenge of setting the grounds ? Sounds like a good idea
flying skunks is offline Find More Posts by flying skunks
Old 04-01-2012, 05:04 PM
Find More Posts by exeter_acres
Our society is collapsing
Johns Creek, GA
Joined Jan 2006
8,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbo View Post
Hey guys,

Why isn't there a type of formal aerobatic competition for 3D style flying similar to IMAC except we would be judged quantitatively on 3D maneuvers? I know there are free style competitions, but I am talking about a more formal type of 3D flying that would be similar to IMAC where you would fly a known sequence that would include flying on the wing as well as stalled aerobatic maneuvers, and each maneuver would have their own K factor similar to IMAC.

For example a small portion of the sequence might read like this...right box wall to 3 revolution tork roll then pull to inverted exit...show center pull to vertical...to waterfall to 1 and 1/2 flat spin then pull to inverted exit...etc.
I'll help proof read the rule book when you write it!
Great job and thanks for stepping up and volunteering to get this going...
exeter_acres is offline Find More Posts by exeter_acres
Old 04-01-2012, 06:36 PM
Find More Posts by Huckin Chuck
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Dec 2011
3,287 Posts
That would be awesome. Come to think of it there really is not a formal 3d or extreme aerobatic group of events. Unless your at a huckfest or xfc or something, imac is the only thing with a season of many, many events.

That would be so cool if it actually materialized. Im totally in!
Huckin Chuck is offline Find More Posts by Huckin Chuck

Quick Reply