logo
Old 09-08-2014, 04:56 PM
Find More Posts by Pappy
United States, TN, Collierville
Joined Nov 2006
1,222 Posts
I bought a used 48" Yak. I am the third owner. It crashed on it's maiden and I expect a FULL refund for this obviously defective product!!! Waaaahhhh!!!! No fair!!!!! I want my money back !!!! WAhhhhhhWAAHHHwwwahhhhh!!!!

I was just telling someone at the field yesterday how, I would always choose EF over others for their outstanding customer service.

PS - And I don't care how Curtis chooses to dress or that he uses WAyyyy too much eye shadow!
Pappy is offline Find More Posts by Pappy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 09-08-2014, 10:41 PM
Find More Posts by Pappy
Joined Nov 2006
1,222 Posts
I'm currently thinking about buying a used Vanquish from a local club member (no...I will NOT be making any warrantee claims...haha). Reading through this thread I see several servo recommendations but they are pretty dated. Personally I like using HV servos in order to eliminate regulators. I see the JR MP91S' were recommended above but I'd never spend almost $200ea(!!) for use in a non-competition, used airplane. What do you guys recommend? I'm budget-conscious but I get the "you get what you pay for" schitk. Looking for a good HV servo recommendation for a non-billionaire modeler...
Old 09-09-2014, 06:35 AM
Find More Posts by jwilliams
Happy contrails
Near Louisville, KY
Joined Jan 2006
3,822 Posts
Very funny Pappy, nice to have a little humor here. As far as the Vanquish goes I guess I am wondering if you are servo brand loyal? You mentioned JR's MP91 and those are nice servos, but if you are not competing then I understand the $$ battle. You might look at the JR8411HV it is less money and still a very high quality servo. If you really want to go less money then look at the 821HV, it is far less torque and not metal geared so it may not be a true candidate for the Vanquish. It is only $30 though and still HV.
Jeff
jwilliams is offline Find More Posts by jwilliams
Old 09-09-2014, 12:37 PM
Find More Posts by Pappy
Joined Nov 2006
1,222 Posts
I don't care about brand and don't want to low-ball either. Mainly the issue is that the manual doesn't provide dimensions so that makes it a little difficult to research. Does it actually need low-profile servos in the wing? What size and torque requirements are needed? I can pick servos out if I know what the limitations/requirements are.
Old 09-09-2014, 03:41 PM
Find More Posts by jwilliams
Happy contrails
Near Louisville, KY
Joined Jan 2006
3,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
I don't care about brand and don't want to low-ball either. Mainly the issue is that the manual doesn't provide dimensions so that makes it a little difficult to research. Does it actually need low-profile servos in the wing? What size and torque requirements are needed? I can pick servos out if I know what the limitations/requirements are.
I have sent your questions to Chris Hinson.
Jeff
jwilliams is offline Find More Posts by jwilliams
Old 09-09-2014, 04:16 PM
Find More Posts by Dansy
Canada, ON, Prescott
Joined Apr 2013
146 Posts
Depending on what you intend purpose with that airframe.....if you want to fly presision style then good centering servo's is a must, I have the mp 91 in mine for the ailerons and rudder and the 3717hv for the elevators....but at a minimum I would go 2 low profile in the wing, high torque on the rudder and 2 mini for the elevators, brand doesn't matter.

Don't need the metal gear but I cannot state enough time that a really good centering is a must to enjoy crisp responses and stop.

Edit -I will have a look at my wings, I believe they need to be low profile.....just need to unlock the trailer

Without taking my servo out.......it look like full size would fit, I just always used low profile on all my pattern planes....
Dansy is offline Find More Posts by Dansy
Last edited by Dansy; 09-09-2014 at 05:36 PM.
Old 11-05-2014, 11:25 PM
Find More Posts by Pappy
Joined Nov 2006
1,222 Posts
So, reading that some folks are having trouble witht eh CC ESC's and the OEM 28-pole motor. I'm picking one of these up used from a club member with two stock motors and was going to use a brand-new (as in two weeks since tearing it out of the package) CC Edge 120HV. Has this been resolved? Is it a non-issue now?
Old 11-26-2014, 08:42 AM
Find More Posts by esulit
Philippines, NCR, Taguig
Joined Jun 2013
8 Posts
@Pappy, I am running a Hacker Q60 which is also a 28 pole motor. I use a CCEdge 80HV. Upgraded to software version 4.2. I ve had many flights with it and no issues. With the right settings i can get max 2800w. You can email CC support and they can give you the best settings for your motor. But it looks like the high pole count issue has been resolved with the new firmware. You can read about it in the CC version revision history.

Eric
esulit is offline Find More Posts by esulit
Old 11-30-2014, 12:39 AM
Find More Posts by Pappy
Joined Nov 2006
1,222 Posts
Cool. Thanks Eric!
Old 12-07-2014, 12:06 PM
Find More Posts by zippi
Evansville Indiana
Joined Feb 2006
692 Posts
Put together my first giant scale electric running 12s this past summer. I like it so much I'm thinking of something else electric and the 2M Vanquish looks great. What is everyone's thoughts on this plane with the recommended Torque Silver Bullet F3A motor running 10s?
zippi is offline Find More Posts by zippi
Old 12-07-2014, 04:41 PM
Find More Posts by Dansy
Canada, ON, Prescott
Joined Apr 2013
146 Posts
Nice motor from I read on other forums, but there's no repairs for those....the reason I got the hacker motor instead for my Vanquish (Q60) but a A60 7S is popular and I have one of those in my Articulate, both on 10S.
Dansy is offline Find More Posts by Dansy
Old 12-11-2014, 03:49 AM
Find More Posts by blake26m
Ireland, Thurles
Joined Jan 2011
232 Posts
The Vanquish is a excellent F3A entry level plane. I ran the TSB motor in mine it the power was good. I also ran it with a Jeti master spin 99 with Optipower 4700 5s x 2. Motor is a straight bolt in and no need to mess with trust angles, i found anyway. Some of the guys on the field commented on how well it flew, even compared to their Oxai models.
blake26m is offline Find More Posts by blake26m
Old 12-26-2014, 04:28 PM
Find More Posts by pkchapman
Because, it's not heavy enough
Shady Cove Or
Joined Sep 2009
847 Posts
I just received a 2 Meter Vanquish for Christmas. I will start building soon.
pkchapman is offline Find More Posts by pkchapman
Old 12-26-2014, 06:04 PM
Find More Posts by btomlinson
United States, MS, Desoto County
Joined Jan 2006
1,608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkchapman View Post
I just received a 2 Meter Vanquish for Christmas. I will start building soon.

Are these back in stock ?
btomlinson is offline Find More Posts by btomlinson
Old 12-26-2014, 06:28 PM
Find More Posts by pkchapman
Because, it's not heavy enough
Shady Cove Or
Joined Sep 2009
847 Posts
I don't think the red, yellow, white and blue are in stock.

I made an order on Dec. 16 and received it on Dec. 24
After I ordered the red, yellow, white and blue, I went back to the
original order page and it showed out of stock. so I think I got
the last one in that color scheme. I would call (not e-mail) as soon as possible
if you are really looking to get one.

The other color scheme may still be available.( Blue, white, and magenta)

I just happened to checked their web site and there they were.
I ordered on the spot.
Paul.
pkchapman is offline Find More Posts by pkchapman

Quick Reply