logo
Old 05-09-2014, 10:48 AM
Find More Posts by Mike Mayberry
Poway, CA
Joined Mar 2006
798 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcheliman View Post
How do we tell when we go to purchase them if they are the V2?
Everything sold in the last 2 years is V2. You can also send in your older servos and we can update them.

Note this thread has been dead for almost 10 months and the 7950's are still one of our most popular servos for GS. I'm not saying there were not some issues in the past but they have been resolved for awhile now.

Note: We also have the newer 8385TH which is the same case and specs but with a slightly higher resolution and quicker responding, non programmable I.C.

Mike.
Mike Mayberry is offline Find More Posts by Mike Mayberry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 05-09-2014, 11:13 AM
Find More Posts by Phil Griffin
Sponsored by my wife & girls
United States, AL, Mountain Brook
Joined Jun 2008
10,276 Posts
That's good to hear Mike..
Phil Griffin is offline Find More Posts by Phil Griffin
Old 05-09-2014, 11:32 AM
Find More Posts by JohnBer
Old Grouch
USA, WA, Lynden
Joined Dec 2010
1,902 Posts
That is good to hear, i truly do hope the problems are resolved.
JohnBer is offline Find More Posts by JohnBer
Old 05-09-2014, 03:02 PM
Find More Posts by 3DSky
Fly 3D or GO HOME
New Berlin, WI
Joined Apr 2006
101 Posts
I have two of the blue box 7950s and were sent in and returned, using them on the rudders on a 31% and 33% with push rods and long leads. Using the supplied amp. Working great so far this will be the second season.
3DSky is offline Find More Posts by 3DSky
Old 05-10-2014, 04:46 AM
Find More Posts by Mrs R
The Flying Mum
Australia, New South Wales, Tamworth
Joined Apr 2011
216 Posts
REMEMBERING THE GOOD OLL DAYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smacka View Post
Well, hello Rachael! Good to see you are still out and about. Bet you never thought this thread would reactivate itself, eh?

Hi! Smacka,& the rest of you guys,

Yep! Going fine got all the problems fixed. Designed a new circuit for HITEC, made oversize boards first to make sure it worked absolutely perfect and redrew it to fit the servo and promised to send the Gerber Files to them after I tested the new small board then fell down a flight of stairs and I'm out of action again. and I had just bought a new EF EXTRA 300 88" er??? Trainer (D.A. gave me a great deal on it) as my 3D SUK. had the engine stop 10ft off the ground doing an elevator landing. I think HITEC has jinx me lol.

Mike the input capacitor in version 2 is to large in capacity 65uf and needs to be reduced by 50% That's why my mod uses a 33uf Cap. But Head office knows this. The original version used a 22uf Cap.

I have to admit guys that I couldn't believe someone found the Thread it must have been pages back, to revive it must have taken a Heart Lung machine lol.

I don't know why HITEC brought out the non programmable servos it defeats the reason we by HITEC servos The programmable part makes them better than the other servos in their price range may as well buy SAVOX Ha! Ha! Ha! err! sorry Mike.

Anyone heard from Tavis he started the thread and then the Moderators sent him on vacation. the last I heard he was building a 330.

Good to see all those names pop up makes me feel years younger.

All the BEST Smacka.

Rachael
Damm can't get the Smilies to work "" Well Thumbs up guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mrs R is offline Find More Posts by Mrs R
Old 05-10-2014, 05:06 AM
Find More Posts by Smacka
United States, PA, Ridgway
Joined Jun 2008
2,571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs R View Post
Hi! Smacka,& the rest of you guys,

Yep! Going fine got all the problems fixed. Designed a new circuit for HITEC, made oversize boards first to make sure it worked absolutely perfect and redrew it to fit the servo and promised to send the Gerber Files to them after I tested the new small board then fell down a flight of stairs and I'm out of action again. and I had just bought a new EF EXTRA 300 88" er??? Trainer (D.A. gave me a great deal on it) as my 3D SUK. had the engine stop 10ft off the ground doing an elevator landing. I think HITEC has jinx me lol.

Mike the input capacitor in version 2 is to large in capacity 65uf and needs to be reduced by 50% That's why my mod uses a 33uf Cap. But Head office knows this. The original version used a 22uf Cap.

I have to admit guys that I couldn't believe someone found the Thread it must have been pages back, to revive it must have taken a Heart Lung machine lol.

I don't know why HITEC brought out the non programmable servos it defeats the reason we by HITEC servos The programmable part makes them better than the other servos in their price range may as well buy SAVOX Ha! Ha! Ha! err! sorry Mike.

Anyone heard from Tavis he started the thread and then the Moderators sent him on vacation. the last I heard he was building a 330.

Good to see all those names pop up makes me feel years younger.

All the BEST Smacka.

Rachael
Damm can't get the Smilies to work "" Well Thumbs up guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good that Hitec started to take advantage of your electronic expertise. Good on you! Yeah, not a fan of non-programmable servos but Hitec, I believe, learned a valuable lesson (albeit it kicking and screaming) through all of the debacle. I look forward to better engineering down the road.

Yep, all the best Rachael
Smacka is offline Find More Posts by Smacka
Old 05-10-2014, 06:00 AM
Find More Posts by Super08
Who put that tree there?
Fort McMurray AB
Joined Mar 2008
7,126 Posts
Tavis jung out on TFC for a spell afterwards. Haven't heard too much of him on the forums i quite a bit. He is still flying though.
Super08 is offline Find More Posts by Super08
Old 05-10-2014, 11:49 AM
Find More Posts by Jaybird
Jay Florida
Joined Jan 2006
3,713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super08 View Post
Funny thing is it is not only the Hitec 7950 that shakes. I bought a set of Futaba 9157's that I put on my Pilot 42% Edge. The rudder shakes and does the funky chicken just like the 7950's did on my AW Extra with the 7950's. I also had it happen with a small electric powered plane a few years ago that had Futaba servos. In that case I replaced them with Hitec HB65MG servos and the problem went away. So far with Savox servos I have not run into it as of yet.

I have 2 Savox 2270 on the rudder of my yak and they would shake until I put Velcro under the counterbalance. I have also had Futaba 9157 and Hitec 7954 do the same thing. Saw JR 8711 on a buddies plane do it worse than any I have seen.
Jaybird is offline Find More Posts by Jaybird
Old 07-23-2014, 11:12 AM
Find More Posts by wfield0455
United States, MA, Holliston
Joined Oct 2007
3,013 Posts
So what was the final story on the firmware upgrade to the 7950s? After letting my Aeroworks Ultimate sit for several years due to these servos I finally decided to try it again this past weekend. All the 7950s are still rather jittery, and are completely unusable with 2S Lipos, which is why I bought them. These servos have only flown about 10 flights, total, ever, now a couple of them are changing center about 1/4". It's possible it's the matchbox that is changing centers but I've never seen one fail before, still, the plane isn't safe to fly as it is. I contacted Hitec's service department and asked them for a quote to upgrade and repair these servos. Since they have never worked properly since new, I'm hoping they will take care of them free of charge, even though they are out of warranty and I no longer have a sales receipt. Hopefully they'll take care of them, if not fro free for at least a reasonable cost so I can finally get some enjoyment out of this airplane.
wfield0455 is online now Find More Posts by wfield0455
Old 07-23-2014, 12:23 PM
Find More Posts by 3DSky
Fly 3D or GO HOME
New Berlin, WI
Joined Apr 2006
101 Posts
Working

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DSky View Post
I have two of the blue box 7950s and were sent in and returned, using them on the rudders on a 31% and 33% with push rods and long leads. Using the supplied amp. Working great so far this will be the second season.

The 2 that I am using are working just fine, I did try using them without the AMP and everything works great but I still am using the AMP. Send them back and see what happens. Using SWB 1.5 arms, one servo per rudder in tail on a Hitec RX 9 CH. center very well and no noise at rest.
3DSky is offline Find More Posts by 3DSky
Last edited by 3DSky; 07-23-2014 at 12:31 PM.
Old 07-26-2014, 01:51 PM
Find More Posts by Mrs R
The Flying Mum
Australia, New South Wales, Tamworth
Joined Apr 2011
216 Posts
You can send them back to HITECH and they will replace them with later FIRMWARE type.
or check my FG blog on how to fix them and improve centering
The blog is a bit spread around in the advice but it's all there to mod them.

ALL THE BEST

Rachael
Mrs R is offline Find More Posts by Mrs R
Old 07-26-2014, 04:57 PM
Find More Posts by JoeAirPort
RC Enthusiast
United States, WI, West Bend
Joined Jan 2006
8,340 Posts
My 7950's have 200 flights and are over three years old. I wonder why they have been dead silent and completely jitter free? They are the quietest servos I have ever had. They are on the elevators of a 110" Yak 54. One per side. Love the servos. They get flown very hard. My 7955's in the wings have been the problem children for me. The left side started to wiggle while I was starting the plane. Sent them back and Hitec gave me new ones. Now the right side is starting to do it. I use A123's no reg's no batt shares.
JoeAirPort is offline Find More Posts by JoeAirPort
Old 07-26-2014, 05:04 PM
Who put that tree there?
Fort McMurray AB
Joined Mar 2008
7,126 Posts
I just finished pulling all of mine out of my Sukhoi, finally got sick of all the shaking and high battery drain. Actually I am not done, I am on my way out to the garage to pull the last two out that are on the rudder as I had to wait for the new rudder servos to come in the mail. The rest I already had on hand when I changed out all of the others last week.
Old 07-26-2014, 06:11 PM
Who put that tree there?
Fort McMurray AB
Joined Mar 2008
7,126 Posts
There, now I am done. Now to figure out what to do with 6 7950's and 4 7954's. They should work good I would think on a plane with smaller surfaces. I have only had this shaking problem on 42% planes with these servos.
Old 05-14-2015, 11:49 AM
Find More Posts by philagan
henderson nv
Joined Sep 2007
260 Posts
Sukoi crash ?

In reading your thread's your knowledge of tec problems my help me find an answer
to my 42 % sukoi crash. After 35 flights on it I traded modified wings (larger ailerons)
with 7980 servos for new wings and 7954 servos ,Brand new in the box.
Using my spectrum DX18 Xmtr I programed the new wing servos as before,on the
very first take off after about 100 feet I lost all control,Plane flew about half mile before crash. At crash 3 sat ant were on solid # 4 was disconnected all 4 servos in the tail would not move. Later at home performed bench test ,servos would not move until
I exchanged A with B then they worked ??? Sent the 12 x powersafe rec to Horizon ,They could not duplicate the problem and sent me a new rec.
The only thing I noticed was a strange sound out of the wings when the servo moved.
I installed the servo in a 42% aero works yak and they made the same noise, I removed the 7954s ,and will not use them until I figure this out. I have moved on to Brushless servos in the Yak.
I think the servos set up an oscillation feed back that took out the 2.4 receiver.
I talked to a Electronics Engineer in RF tec about it ,said it could happen.
Note ;I have used Hitec 5955 7955 7950 ,7980 , and now 9380s Dx18 xmtr 12 ch
pwrsafe rec , 6.6 v and 8.4 v for years with 100% confidence ,but not any more.

Philagan
philagan is offline Find More Posts by philagan

Quick Reply