Old 02-10-2006, 05:16 PM
Find More Posts by Carlos Vargas
Mexico Aerobatic team
Mexico
Joined Jan 2006
221 Posts
IMAC Advanced sequence

Hi friends
where can i find the narrtive form of this sequences?
Carlos Vargas is offline Find More Posts by Carlos Vargas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-10-2006, 05:42 PM
Find More Posts by Wayne
Learn how to work Kid.
Bloomington, Il
Joined Jan 2006
7,405 Posts
Re: IMAC Advanced sequence

Heres all of them.

Basic:
1- One roll from upright to upright.
2- Pull to Vertical, pull half inside loop, 1/2 roll on the vertical downline, pull to upright exit.
3- Pull to 45, 1/2 roll, pull 5/8 inside loop, exit upright.
4- Pull inside loop.
5- Pull vertical, stall turn, vertical downline, pull to upright exit.
6- Pull 45 upline, 1/2 roll, pull to vertical downline, pull to upright exit.
7- Pull vertical, pull 3/4 inside loop, exit upright
8- Pull 5/8 inside loop to a 45 downline, 1/2 roll, pull to upright exit.
9- Pull 1/2 inside loop, 1/2 roll, exit upright.
10- 1-1/2 positive spin, pull to exit upright.

Sportsman:
1- Pull vertical, 2 points of an 8 point roll, Stall turn, vertical downline with a 3/4 roll, pull to upright exit.
2- straight line, 1/2 roll to inverted, push 5/8 outside loop to a 45 downline, 1 positive snap, pull to upright exit.
3- Pull 1/2 inside loop, 1/2 roll, exit upright.
4- 1-1/4 positive spin, exit upright cross box.
5- Pull to vertical. 2 points of a 4 point roll, push 1/2 outside loop, vertical downline with 1/4 roll, pull to upright exit.
6- Pull to vertical upline, One roll, Pull to inverted exit.
7- From inverted, 2 point roll back to inverted, pull 1/2 inside loop, exit upright.
8- Pull 1 inside loop with one full roll at the top, exit upright
9- Pull 135 degrees to a 45 upline, 2 points of a 4 point roll, push to upright exit.
10- From upright, 1/2 roll to inverted, pull 3/4 inside loop to a vertical upline, 3/4 roll, push to upright cross box exit.

Intermediate:
1- Pull 7/8 inside loop to a 45 degree downline, 1/2 roll, push to inverted exit.
2- Push to a 45 degree upline, 2 point roll, push 5/8 outside loop to a vertical downline, one positive snap, pull to upright exit.
3- Pull vertical upline, pull to a 45 degree downline, 4 points of an 8 point roll, pull to upright exit.
4- Pull vertical upline, 1-1/2 rolls, Stall turn, vertical downline, 2 points of a 4 point roll, pull to upright exit.
5- Pull to 45 upline, 1 roll, push to a vertical downline, 1/4 roll, opposite direction 3/4 roll, pull to upright exit.
6- Pull to vertical upline, 3/4 roll, pull 1/2 inside loop (X-box), Vertical downline with 1-1/4 rolls, pull to upright exit.
7- Pull to 45 upline, 1 positive snap, push 3/4 outside loop to a 45 degree upline, 4 point roll, pull to inverted exit.
8- Pull to a 45 degree downline, one negative snap, pull 1/2 inside loop to a 45 degree upline, 1 roll, push to upright exit.
9- 1-1/4 positive spin, exit cross box upright.
10- 1 roll to the inside of a 90 degree heading change, exit upright.

Advanced:
1- Pull to vertical, 3 points of a 4 point roll, stall turn, vertical downline with a 2 point roll, push to inverted cross box exit.
2- From inverted, 270 degree rolling circle with 3 rolls to the inside, exit inverted.
3- Push to a 45 upline, 1 roll, push to upright exit.
4- From upright, Down loop with a 1/2 roll, opposite direction 1 positive snap at the bottom.
5- Pull to a vertical downline, 3/4 roll, opposite direction 3/4 negative snap, Pull to a 45 degree upline, 3 points of a 2 point roll, pull to inverted exit.
6- 1-1/2 negative spin, push to inverted exit.
7- Push to vertical upline, 1/4 roll, opposite direction 1 positive snap, Pull 1/2 inside loop (X-Box), vertical downline, 1-1/4 negative snaps, pull to upright exit.
8- Pull to 45 upline, 1 positive snap, opposite direction 1/2 roll, Pull 3/4 inside loop to a 45 upline, 1/4 roll, opposite direction 3/4 roll, pull to inverted exit.
9- Pull to a 45 downline, 1-1/2 negative snaps, pull 1/2 inside loop to a 45 upline, 1-1/2 rolls, push to upright exit.
10- 1-1/2 positive snaps, pull 1/2 inside loop, 8 point roll, exit upright.

Unlimited:
1- Pull 135 degrees to a 45 upline, 2 points of a 4 point roll, opposite direction 2 point roll, push to a vertical downline, 1 negative snap, push to inverted exit.
2- Push to a 45 upline, 3/4 negative snap, opposite direction 3 points of a 4 point roll, pull 3/4 inside loop to a 45 upline, 1-1/2 rolls, pull to inverted exit.
3- 1 roll, pull 1/2 inside loop, 8 point roll, exit upright.
4- Pull vertical, 1-1/2 negative snaps, stall turn, vertical downline with 1 positive snap, opposite direction 1/2 roll, pull to upright exit.
5- Pull vertical upline, 3 points of a 2 point roll, pull 3/4 inside loop with 1 positive snap on top, 2 points of a 4 point roll, exit inverted.
6- 1-1/4 negative spin, vertical downline, 1/2 inside loop (X-Box), vertical upline, 6 points of an 8 point roll, push to upright exit.
7- Push to vertical downline, 2 point roll, pull to a 45 dgeree upline, 1 roll, push to a vertical downline, 2 negative snaps, push to inverted exit.
8- From inverted, 180 degree heading change with 1 roll to the inside, 180 degree heading change with 1 roll to the outside, exit inverted.
9- push to 45 upline, 1 roll, opposite direction 1/2 roll, push 5/8 outside loop,1 negative snap, exit inverted.
10- 3 points of a 4 point roll, opposite direction 1-3/4 positive snap, exit inverted.
[/b]
Wayne is offline Find More Posts by Wayne
Last edited by Wayne; 04-22-2006 at 07:55 AM.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:58 PM
Find More Posts by Robby
Joined Jan 2006
98 Posts

Wayne,,
WHERE do you find this...?

I looked at the mini-iac page and could only find
seq's and the aresti's diagrams...

Thxz,
Robby is offline Find More Posts by Robby
Old 02-10-2006, 06:29 PM
Find More Posts by McLinux
Mostly fly 4D...(3D + Dirt)
Joined Jan 2006
232 Posts

Thanks Wayne, that's some great info.
McLinux is offline Find More Posts by McLinux
Old 02-10-2006, 07:17 PM
Find More Posts by Carlos Vargas
Mexico Aerobatic team
Mexico
Joined Jan 2006
221 Posts

thanks wayne
Carlos Vargas is offline Find More Posts by Carlos Vargas
Old 02-10-2006, 07:46 PM
Find More Posts by Wayne
Learn how to work Kid.
Bloomington, Il
Joined Jan 2006
7,405 Posts

Robby,

I typed it out myself.
Now go out and learn to read the Aresti so you dont need a written description.
Old 02-11-2006, 02:02 AM
Find More Posts by bodywerks
Tucson
Joined Jan 2006
5,341 Posts

LOL!
I will be getting back into IMAC this year I think...I have the intermediate sequence in front of me now. Back in the day, I may have been able to do advanced, but with rules similar to pattern now (it used to be based on IAC, right?), and snaps (the right way) being such a HUGE deal, I figured I better take a step back. From what I understand, you can always move up, but never back in class, no?
Also, Wayne, wher do we find the criteria for what judges are looking for for each maneuver and the lines formed, etc.? I know that a snap has to have a pitch departure from the direction of flight, roll rates for other maneuvers have to be the same, as well as radii, but I don't know if they had thes "shark's tooth" maneuvers back in the mid-early 90's...are they looking for a dramatically sharp pitch angle, or just a similar radius to what we use to, say, exit a downline? That's the kind of info I need...
bodywerks is offline Find More Posts by bodywerks
Old 02-11-2006, 02:29 AM
Find More Posts by Rolling Thunder
Team Horizon Hobby
Glendale, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
1,855 Posts

http://www.mini-iac.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=90

All the rules are on this page.

On the sharks tooth. All corners must be a flown radius, none of the 3 corners have to be the same radius.

I think the rules are closer to IAC then pattern. Figures in IMAC are wind corrected, this would not work with IAC. Even though roll rate is not a criteria, IMAC judges seem to judge the slower rolls better then the fast rolls. This is another area that pattern has influenced IMAC.

In pattern you have to show the break before a snap. IAC and IMAC the break and autorotation can happen at the same time. This is another area where some IMAC judges don't seem to know the rules. Snaps seem to be the cause of more aurguments then any other topic in aerobatics. The rules seem clear to some but not to others, things like the showing the break, displacement, loaded or unloaded snaps (oh I mean loaded or cheater snaps,lol). Lots of discussion but nothing is ever resolved, it is like a red state/ blue state fight.
Rolling Thunder is offline Find More Posts by Rolling Thunder
Old 02-11-2006, 08:47 AM
Find More Posts by wmat7039
SILVER FOX
United States, GA, Dallas
Joined Jan 2006
2,610 Posts

6- 1-1/4 negative spin, vertical downline, 1/2 inside loop (X-Box), vertical upline, 6 points of an 8 point roll, push to upright exit.
Hey Wayne..... It should be (Y -Axis) instead of (X-Box)
Wayne
wmat7039 is offline Find More Posts by wmat7039
Old 02-11-2006, 11:10 AM
Find More Posts by bodywerks
Tucson
Joined Jan 2006
5,341 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling Thunder
http://www.mini-iac.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=90

All the rules are on this page.

On the sharks tooth. All corners must be a flown radius, none of the 3 corners have to be the same radius.

I think the rules are closer to IAC then pattern. Figures in IMAC are wind corrected, this would not work with IAC. Even though roll rate is not a criteria, IMAC judges seem to judge the slower rolls better then the fast rolls. This is another area that pattern has influenced IMAC.

In pattern you have to show the break before a snap. IAC and IMAC the break and autorotation can happen at the same time. This is another area where some IMAC judges don't seem to know the rules. Snaps seem to be the cause of more aurguments then any other topic in aerobatics. The rules seem clear to some but not to others, things like the showing the break, displacement, loaded or unloaded snaps (oh I mean loaded or cheater snaps,lol). Lots of discussion but nothing is ever resolved, it is like a red state/ blue state fight.
Thanks! That's what I mean about it being more like pattern theses days: snaps and the way they're judged (or improperly judged!), lines being wind corrected, and roll rate having an influence on the judges...sometimes I think you have to know someone or be known to do well in these competitions...
bodywerks is offline Find More Posts by bodywerks
Old 04-21-2006, 07:37 PM
Find More Posts by KrisW
Eccentricus Magnus
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Jan 2006
3,646 Posts

Quote:

Advanced:
1- Pull to vertical, 3 points of a 4 point roll, stall turn, vertical downline with a 2 point roll, push to inverted cross box exit.
2- From inverted, 270 degree rolling circle with 3 rolls to the inside, exit inverted.
3- Push to a 45 upline, 1 roll, push to upright exit.
4- Push 1/2 outside loop, 1/2 roll, opposite direction 1 positive snap, pull 1/2 inside loop, exit inverted.
5- Pull to a vertical downline, 3/4 roll, opposite direction 3/4 negative snap, Pull to a 45 degree upline, 3 points of a 2 point roll, pull to inverted exit.
6- 1-1/2 negative spin, push to inverted exit.
7- Push to vertical upline, 1/4 roll, opposite direction 1 positive snap, Pull 1/2 inside loop (X-Box), vertical downline, 1-1/4 negative snaps, pull to upright exit.
8- Pull to 45 upline, 1 positive snap, opposite direction 1/2 roll, Pull 3/4 inside loop to a 45 upline, 1/4 roll, opposite direction 3/4 roll, pull to inverted exit.
9- Pull to a 45 downline, 1-1/2 negative snaps, pull 1/2 inside loop to a 45 upline, 1-1/2 rolls, push to upright exit.
10- 1-1/2 positive snaps, pull 1/2 inside loop, 8 point roll, exit upright.

If I may so bold as to point out. . . Figure #4 is NOT writen correctly. . .

figure#4 is a Down LOOP, and the plane must follow the radius of the loop throughout the maneuver. As it is written in this nomenclature, it is separated into 2 half loops, with a joining 1/2 roll/opposite full snap.

To properly fly this maneuver, the plane must maintain a constant AOA change throughout the maneuver, prescribing a round loop, with the 1/2 roll/opposite snap CENTERED on the bottom of the loop. This means, if you start the 1/2 roll at 7 o'clock (flying counter-clockwise), the Snap must end at 5 o'clock, with the 1/2 roll ending before 6 o'clock, there being a short pause wings level across the bottom of the loop (I mean SHORT. . 3-4 plane lengths maximum), then the Snap is initiated and ends at 5 o'clock on the curvature of the loop, and then the plane continues that arc until it reaches the original starting altitude and position l-r in the box.
KrisW is offline Find More Posts by KrisW
Old 04-22-2006, 12:16 AM
Find More Posts by Judge
Team Futaba
United States, CA, Ladera Ranch
Joined Jan 2006
12,936 Posts

Almost correct. The starting at 5 o'clock and ending at 7 o'clock is fine. The where stuff happens on that segment is wrong. There is absolutely NO REQUIREMENT for where the internal roll elements occur. ALL that matters is that the line segment described by the roll element segment is centered on the loop. In other words, say the roll element segment require 40 degrees of arc to complete (it could be 60 or 20 or whatever. The length of the arc is irrelevant) then you will need to have 160 degrees of arc both BEFORE and AFTER the roll element segment.

Where the roll elements occur on that internal line segment does not matter.. There is NO REQUIREMENT for the 1/2 roll to stop at a certain point or for the snap to begin. ALL that matters is that whatever length of that segment is centered on the loop.

For example say it was a 12 of 8 (1 & 1/2 8-point rolls) followed by an opposite 1/2 snap. It matters not one little bit where those elements happen on that line (loop arc) segment. All that matters is that the length of the loop arcs before and after it are the same.

This is not different than the case of a vertical upline. If there was an 8-point roll followed by a full opposite snap all that matters is that the line before and after that roll combination is the same. It would not matter where the pause between the two was relative to the overall line or the line segment they occur on.

With regard to the pause between the two roll elements, the rules are a bit vague saying only that there be a momentary or brief pause. I downgrade this like an Immelmann. If there is any visible line I give a 2-point deduction. Longer and I take more points. Also, the rolls MUST occur on an arc line the same radius as the loop. There is a MINIMUM 2-point downgrade for flying them on a flat line then continuing the loop.

Bill Malvey
Chairman IMAC Rules and Standards Committee
Judge is offline Find More Posts by Judge
Last edited by Judge; 04-22-2006 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 04-22-2006, 05:18 AM
Find More Posts by KrisW
Eccentricus Magnus
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Jan 2006
3,646 Posts

So, what took everyone else so long to jump in and finally correct this? I'd have thought all the "experts" would have been all over this one a long time ago.
KrisW is offline Find More Posts by KrisW
Old 04-22-2006, 07:56 AM
Find More Posts by Wayne
Learn how to work Kid.
Bloomington, Il
Joined Jan 2006
7,405 Posts

I corrected it in the description.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:56 AM
Find More Posts by Judge
Team Futaba
United States, CA, Ladera Ranch
Joined Jan 2006
12,936 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisW
So, what took everyone else so long to jump in and finally correct this? I'd have thought all the "experts" would have been all over this one a long time ago.
I corrected the scoring item as soon as I saw it. I had not noticed this thread before.
Judge is offline Find More Posts by Judge
Last edited by Judge; 04-22-2006 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Typo - AGAIN!!

Quick Reply