Find More Posts by Eganwp
Jesus saves!
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Feb 2009
1,025 Posts
Discussion
DL-100 & DLE-111 Carb Kits

Hey guys,

Does anyone know which/where to buy an EMAS carb kit for the DL-100? I've heard guys saying the Tillotsen 111 carb kits work in the EMAS carbs as well, but can anyone confirm or provide a link to a vendor?

I'm sure Jodi knows/carries them but figured I'd ask here for my own knowledge.

Thanks!
Eganwp is offline Find More Posts by Eganwp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 04-18-2011, 05:32 PM
Find More Posts by Jedijody
Proud father of 3 Soldiers
Joined Jun 2008
3,662 Posts
Yup, we got 'em. Tillotson repair kit RK-23HS, Stens kit #615-104
Jedijody is offline Find More Posts by Jedijody
Old 04-18-2011, 06:12 PM
Find More Posts by crazychris
Joined Dec 2010
598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedijody View Post
Yup, we got 'em. Tillotson repair kit RK-23HS, Stens kit #615-104
Jody, instead of repair kit can we but new carbs from you? Do you carry Walbro, or what kind can I get from you for my friends DLE 111, Thank You as always !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
crazychris is offline Find More Posts by crazychris
Old 04-18-2011, 06:32 PM
Joined Jun 2008
3,662 Posts
I have new OEM carbs, I can get Walbros but DA sells them for about the same price as I can buy them so it would be less $ for you to get them there. Last time I ordered some they sat around collecting dust for almost a year, I finally put the last one on my own plane just because, runs and tunes exactly the same as the Emas.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:47 PM
Find More Posts by crazychris
Joined Dec 2010
598 Posts
Quote:
I have new OEM carbs, I can get Walbros but DA sells them for about the same price as I can buy them so it would be less $ for you to get them there. Last time I ordered some they sat around collecting dust for almost a year, I finally put the last one on my own plane just because, runs and tunes exactly the same as the Emas.

Thank you Jody on getting back so soon ! No I will buy from you ! See FG bros this is a clear testament of why one should buy their DLE engines from Valley View, Jody is always there for his customers. I already have two DLE 111's from you, and will be buying another in a month or so. Thanks Jody & Valley View !!!!!!!!
crazychris is offline Find More Posts by crazychris
Old 04-18-2011, 09:41 PM
Find More Posts by Eganwp
Jesus saves!
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Feb 2009
1,025 Posts
Cool, thanks Jodi. I assume that kit works in the EMAS DL-100 carb as well?
Eganwp is offline Find More Posts by Eganwp
Old 04-18-2011, 10:55 PM
Joined Jun 2008
3,662 Posts
Yes it does, DL100 and DLE111 use the same carb.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:25 AM
Find More Posts by f5air
Fly it....fly it.
Joined Jun 2009
2,546 Posts
jody, i saw the picture of the kits from stens and tils. the membrane has just 1 guide hole on it....on the emas i see 2. Is there any difference? or is just that. Walbro seems to has 2.
f5air is offline Find More Posts by f5air
Old 04-21-2011, 11:40 AM
Joined Jun 2008
3,662 Posts
I'm not sure if you were looking at the right kit or know what all the holes in the diaphargms are for but both diaphragms in the kit I listed above have two guide pin holes as does the Emas carb.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:13 PM
Find More Posts by f5air
Fly it....fly it.
Joined Jun 2009
2,546 Posts
ups....wrong info for me...i was thinking on the dle55. Whats the kit for the 55 Jody?.
f5air is offline Find More Posts by f5air
Old 12-04-2011, 06:52 PM
Find More Posts by pepe123
Team Pilot at Pilot-Rc
Pakistan, Punjab, Lahore
Joined Mar 2008
280 Posts
[QUOTE=Jedijody i need your help and fast and i wanted to know what is the differnce between the dl100 and dle111 in terms of parts cause i have two broken down dl100cc engines and i was thinking if i could change the crankcase the cylinder heads and the pistons and rings and put them of dle111 engines is it possible and i do i need to change the crankshaft and put in a dle111 crank also if you answer my questions would be of great help need your answer urgently thankyou
pepe123 is offline Find More Posts by pepe123
Old 12-04-2011, 07:01 PM
Joined Jun 2008
3,662 Posts
???

If you have to buy new parts there is no reason to convert a DL100 into a DLE111 anymore. Since the latest changes were made to the bottom end early this year, it makes it impractical and too expensive.

You should just buy the complete engine.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:11 PM
Team Pilot at Pilot-Rc
Pakistan, Punjab, Lahore
Joined Mar 2008
280 Posts
Quote:
???

If you have to buy new parts there is no reason to convert a DL100 into a DLE111 anymore. Since the latest changes were made to the bottom end early this year, it makes it impractical and too expensive.

You should just buy the complete engine.
what do you mean by bottom end but do you think it works that way without changing the crank? and how come it is impractical cause to be honest dont want to waste two carbs and ingnitions units and etc so i was thinking of building just one unit cause i have the dle170cc waiting and just will build myself the 40% so my friend has the cylinder heads and crankshaft lieing spare along with the pistons so thought would ask you since your the best person who could answer it
Old 12-04-2011, 08:26 PM
Joined Jun 2008
3,662 Posts
DLE has made changes the crankcase, crankshaft, bearings, and propeller hub at the beginning of this year. None of the older version parts are compatible with new, current version available parts. To make a 111 out of a 100, one of the parts you would need is the crankcase, the current crankcase is not compatible with your crankshaft, bearings, or prop hub, all of that would need to be replaced also, along with the pistons, rings, and cylinders. The only thing left from the DL100 would be the carb, reeds, and ignition, you just bought a new 111 in pieces, it's new and cost almost as much as a new one but you have no warranty. Sounds like a not to sensible way of getting a 111 to me.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:24 AM
Team Pilot at Pilot-Rc
Pakistan, Punjab, Lahore
Joined Mar 2008
280 Posts
Quote:
DLE has made changes the crankcase, crankshaft, bearings, and propeller hub at the beginning of this year. None of the older version parts are compatible with new, current version available parts. To make a 111 out of a 100, one of the parts you would need is the crankcase, the current crankcase is not compatible with your crankshaft, bearings, or prop hub, all of that would need to be replaced also, along with the pistons, rings, and cylinders. The only thing left from the DL100 would be the carb, reeds, and ignition, you just bought a new 111 in pieces, it's new and cost almost as much as a new one but you have no warranty. Sounds like a not to sensible way of getting a 111 to me.
thank you so much for the info and taking out time this is what i make out you are saying that i should go for the brand new engine cause the crankshaft on the new version dle111v2 doesnt support my crankshaft hmm and i have to change all the other parts also sounds like a good advice thanks

Quick Reply