Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > Competition Corner > IMAC By Region > Northwest
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 04-17-2014, 12:50 PM   #5521
helivflyer
Super Contributor

Everybody, I just talked to Jay Strickland, the CD for the Medford contest, and he has informed me that their runway is being repaved and the runway will not be finished in time for the contest. So we will be rescheduling the event as soon as possible. I am sorry for any inconvenience to anybody.
Michael Verzwyvelt
NWRD
helivflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:22 PM   #5522
wingwall
Uber Contributor

Oh, that's a real bummer.

O.K. I have the files, name tags, clip boards, and other contest hardware I was to deliver to Jay for the Medford Contest. Kathleen and I are still going down to San Francisco area for a while, and will have some other commitments with family at the time of the Zillah contest.

It looks like, from people that have signed up, that most are from the East side of the mountains, except for Dave Easley and Chris Elliott (& ?). I am in Tacoma.

So, Dave give me a call. Sorry, I misplaced the card you gave me. 253-307-6783 Can you take the files over to Zillah?

Warren
wingwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:25 PM   #5523
castlebravo
It's the Summer Of George

Quote: Originally Posted by wingwall
View Post
Oh, that's a real bummer.

O.K. I have the files, name tags, clip boards, and other contest hardware I was to deliver to Jay for the Medford Contest. Kathleen and I are still going down to San Francisco area for a while, and will have some other commitments with family at the time of the Zillah contest.

It looks like, from people that have signed up, that most are from the East side of the mountains, except for Dave Easley and Chris Elliott (& ?). I am in Tacoma.

So, Dave give me a call. Sorry, I misplaced the card you gave me. 253-307-6783 Can you take the files over to Zillah?

Warren
Warren,
If you're driving through the Portland area, you can drop the stuff off with me. I can then take it to Zillah or down to Medford if they reschedule before Zillah.

CB (Chris)
Old 04-17-2014, 04:36 PM   #5524
wingwall
Uber Contributor

That sounds good Chris. Let me check a little as to when we will be leaving here, since Medford is off now, but let me know how we can meet. PM?
wingwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:53 PM   #5525
RoughLandin
Super Contributor

Quote: Originally Posted by sthudson
View Post
"This was going to be my year (although I probably thought that last year as well)."
I had a laugh at this comment - I think the same thing every year too. I just need to find the time to fly and participate in more contests.
http://www.aztechaeromodels.com/
RoughLandin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:51 PM   #5526
flyinryon
Uber Contributor

I was totally bummed to see that the contest has been cancelled was looking forward to getting up to Medford and talking a few of the NW imac Pilots into coming down to Redding MAY 17th and 18 for the northern California imac competition. This is going to be a great event so If you can make it that would be wasome.
flyinryon is offline   Reply With Quote