logo
Old 05-19-2012, 09:49 PM
Find More Posts by Chris Todd
Suspended Account
United States
Joined Dec 2007
1,508 Posts
Dave, the new canister mounts look impressive! I am looking forward to getting some on my Slick!
Chris Todd is offline Find More Posts by Chris Todd
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old 05-19-2012, 10:29 PM
Find More Posts by planebender
Sacramento,Ca.
Joined Jan 2006
3,222 Posts
Thanks Chris, It was good to see you there at Nall. It was also cool to meet and greet so many customers.
We left this morning at 9:30am and drove 13 hours to finally stop in East PA. Every hotel was booked for 100 miles due to some graduation night. We finally found a overpriced dump to hang our hats till 6 am. Terry, It was cool to finally meet you and also Mike Bivens. You guys are very cool.

Planebender
planebender is offline Find More Posts by planebender
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2012, 10:39 PM
Find More Posts by terryscustom
Wood Butcher
United States, SD, Harrisburg
Joined Jan 2007
9,971 Posts
I'm only 200 miles from home, sitting on a plane, waiting for weather to clear for two hours Hope you have better travels for the rest of your trip. Maybe with any luck well have three guys from our club along next year. Start saving you guys.....seriously this time
terryscustom is offline Find More Posts by terryscustom
Old 05-19-2012, 10:54 PM
Find More Posts by JIMZACH
WELLINGTON,FLORIDA USA
Joined Mar 2006
567 Posts
Hey Dave ! Got to run the DA-200 on the Pro-Flows the other day and it was awesome!! The sound was killer at low rpm but still very quiet for IMAC. The performance of this motor and can combo is outstanding. I should be flying the plane soon and will get ya some good video. Thanks again for all your help and for a great product!

DA-200 on Pro-Flows First Run (0 min 43 sec)
JIMZACH is offline Find More Posts by JIMZACH
Old 05-20-2012, 03:48 AM
Find More Posts by anders e
Joined Jan 2008
2,257 Posts
Dave, i need a couple of canistermounts
anders e is offline Find More Posts by anders e
Old 05-20-2012, 10:40 PM
Sacramento,Ca.
Joined Jan 2006
3,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMZACH View Post
Hey Dave ! Got to run the DA-200 on the Pro-Flows the other day and it was awesome!! The sound was killer at low rpm but still very quiet for IMAC. The performance of this motor and can combo is outstanding. I should be flying the plane soon and will get ya some good video. Thanks again for all your help and for a great product!

DA-200 on Pro-Flows First Run - YouTube
Thank you Jim for the awesome video!
Planebender
Quote:
Originally Posted by anders e View Post
Dave, i need a couple of canistermounts
Hi Anders, they will be on the web site by the end of the week. just PM me and ill get you hooked up.

Planebender
Old 05-21-2012, 06:57 PM
Find More Posts by JIMZACH
WELLINGTON,FLORIDA USA
Joined Mar 2006
567 Posts
No wories Dave, and BTW its Zach Bloomquist. Nice to know I am not importan enough to be rememberd lol. Got to fly the plane today and it was killer ! By far the collest and best flying plane I have! Not to mention sounds bad ass with those pro flows ! Thanks again bro!

Zach Bloomquist (This way ya know who I am)
JIMZACH is offline Find More Posts by JIMZACH
Old 05-21-2012, 08:35 PM
Find More Posts by satdave
Someone Please Help Me
Valencia PA
Joined Jan 2006
371 Posts
Pro Flow and DA-150

Hey Dave,

Put a set of the Cans on my 150 and I'm having some mid-range issues. The power is very soft around 1/4 to 1/2 stick. Then it rips. Also a little suggish off the bottom.... any thoughts?
satdave is offline Find More Posts by satdave
Old 05-21-2012, 08:53 PM
Find More Posts by Huckin Chuck
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Dec 2011
3,287 Posts
how's the tuning on the enging? All broken in and needles set?
Huckin Chuck is offline Find More Posts by Huckin Chuck
Old 05-21-2012, 11:00 PM
Wood Butcher
Joined Jan 2007
9,971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckin Chuck View Post
how's the tuning on the enging? All broken in and needles set?
Huckin has same thoughts as me, tuning issue or double check proper header length (I've not had a 150 so can't tell you). We've run 'em on everything from a 20 to a 120 in our neighborhood and they are all smooth as silk when tuned good. Even if it's an existing engine tuning may need to be adjusted. Curious what you come up with though....
Old 05-22-2012, 06:39 AM
Sacramento,Ca.
Joined Jan 2006
3,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMZACH View Post
No wories Dave, and BTW its Zach Bloomquist. Nice to know I am not importan enough to be rememberd lol. Got to fly the plane today and it was killer ! By far the collest and best flying plane I have! Not to mention sounds bad ass with those pro flows ! Thanks again bro!

Zach Bloomquist (This way ya know who I am)
Zach My Man! Sorry about that Bro. Been a looooong week. Good news about the 200 and the video will be on the web site as well. Take care man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satdave View Post
Hey Dave,

Put a set of the Cans on my 150 and I'm having some mid-range issues. The power is very soft around 1/4 to 1/2 stick. Then it rips. Also a little suggish off the bottom.... any thoughts?
Hi Dave, First thought is leader length a tad long for your motor. Or a little heavy on the prop load. Dave, send me a e mail with your specs. Thanks

Planebender
Old 05-22-2012, 08:39 PM
Find More Posts by HELLFIRE
Smokin out the pits!!
Canada, BC, Kelowna
Joined Jan 2010
312 Posts
Ok guys I am ready to order a set of these for a DA-120. I have one concern which I don't believe is exhaust related. I have heard of the proflows causing surge issues with the da-120. I would like to know from the Da-120 owners running this exhaust what you guys think? Anyone else having any issues with surging? I think this is a very good quality product from a stand up guy!! I have seen the videos people have posted and am very impressed. Also if you guys could let me know what prop and rpm you are getting that would be a bonus. I just need a little push away from this surging issue and I'll order a set asap!!! Thanks guys!!!
HELLFIRE is offline Find More Posts by HELLFIRE
Old 05-24-2012, 10:31 PM
Find More Posts by Bivens
Team 3DHS
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2009
613 Posts
I've had PF's on a Pair of 120's and they worked great for me on either Vess 28b stealth or Mej 29x10s props. I'm sticking with my PF's...I like em on the 120's...and my 170.
Bivens is offline Find More Posts by Bivens
Old 05-24-2012, 11:10 PM
Find More Posts by HELLFIRE
Smokin out the pits!!
Canada, BC, Kelowna
Joined Jan 2010
312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bivens View Post
I've had PF's on a Pair of 120's and they worked great for me on either Vess 28b stealth or Mej 29x10s props. I'm sticking with my PF's...I like em on the 120's...and my 170.
Thanks Bivens!! What kind of rpm were you seeing with those props and which do you prefer for 3d? My buddy runs a 28x12 Mej and loves it. He really likes the 12 pitch as it gives an almost electric throttle response.
HELLFIRE is offline Find More Posts by HELLFIRE
Old 05-24-2012, 11:37 PM
Wood Butcher
Joined Jan 2007
9,971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLFIRE View Post
Ok guys I am ready to order a set of these for a DA-120. I have one concern which I don't believe is exhaust related. I have heard of the proflows causing surge issues with the da-120. I would like to know from the Da-120 owners running this exhaust what you guys think? Anyone else having any issues with surging? I think this is a very good quality product from a stand up guy!! I have seen the videos people have posted and am very impressed. Also if you guys could let me know what prop and rpm you are getting that would be a bonus. I just need a little push away from this surging issue and I'll order a set asap!!! Thanks guys!!!

They don't surge because of the pro-flows, they surge because of tuning issues and / or prop size. Mine was all wacked out because of needle settings and once I tuned it up is perfect. I have a 29x10 prop on it's way because I don't feel it is loading enough in hover RPM at our elevation on the 28B. If it was from the Pro Flows it would not just be the 120. Locally we've run em on everything from a DLE30, Mintor 38, DA50, DLE55, DA60, DLE111 and DA120 and they are all smooth as silk.

Quick Reply