Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Go Back   FlyingGiants > Vendors > Smart-Fly Support
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 04-22-2012, 01:28 AM   #1
spwtfpwn
Gettin' Lower!

Default Is my Comp 12 Turbo cooked????

I was adjusting the servo output voltage by shorting the "up" pin to the center pin. I checked the output voltage after adjustment with a meter and was not getting an increase in voltage. After repeating this a few times, when checking the voltage I inadvertently shorted a servo lead with my multimeter. I now get rx power but nothing to the servos. Am I going to have to buy another comp 12?
spwtfpwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:01 AM   #2
2robinhood
Move the rudder what way ?????

Just send it to Smartfly.
If they built it, they can fix it.
Futaba 14SG
2robinhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:18 AM   #3
rrritchey
Super Contributor

Quote: Originally Posted by spwtfpwn
View Post
I was adjusting the servo output voltage by shorting the "up" pin to the center pin. I checked the output voltage after adjustment with a meter and was not getting an increase in voltage. After repeating this a few times, when checking the voltage I inadvertently shorted a servo lead with my multimeter. I now get rx power but nothing to the servos. Am I going to have to buy another comp 12?
If no printed circuit board traces were damaged we should be able to fix it. Probably about $50.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:25 PM   #4
maddogfinnegan
Flyin' Around

I just did the same thing to my Comp 12. what was the reply from smart fly?
maddogfinnegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:48 AM   #5
Bill Vargas
3W Flyer

Default Changing Servo Voltage

Here's a cool tool to have when changing your Smartfly voltage to your servos,,, a simple push button switch soldered up to a servo lead. This button switch only makes contact when pushed and opens back up when released. plug it in to increase voltage or reverse the plug to decrease voltage. I found this switch at Radio Shack for a couple of bucks and its the perfect tool to have
Attached Thumbnails
  • Click image for larger version

Name:	switch.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	537510 40.0 KB · Views: 50

http://www.falconpropellers.com/
http://aircraftinternational.com/
Bill Vargas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:05 AM   #6
rrritchey
Super Contributor

Hi,
Nice Bill. I think most of the issues of shorting a unit out happen because they try to use volt meter leads in the servo outputs and short across power and ground. I have rarely seen an issue with the adjustment pins. Best practice is to use a servo plug in the servo output on the PowerSystem and then plug that into your meter. You can get banana plugs at Radio Shack.

Quote: Originally Posted by Bill Vargas
View Post
Here's a cool tool to have when changing your Smartfly voltage to your servos,,, a simple push button switch soldered up to a servo lead. This button switch only makes contact when pushed and opens back up when released. plug it in to increase voltage or reverse the plug to decrease voltage. I found this switch at Radio Shack for a couple of bucks and its the perfect tool to have