logo
Old 02-01-2006, 09:44 PM
Find More Posts by gpavese
Chacabuco, Argentina
Joined Jan 2006
25 Posts
Hello from Argentina

Hi folks!!
I have been browsing your site since it was Flying Cirkus and I really enjoy all discussions and video area specially.
I´m flying a CAP232 1/5 scale with a Matt Chapman CAP layout. Please check some attached pics. I really enjoy the aerobatic flexibility of this model.

My current challenge is to build a Pitt Stinker 34% kit that I just bought from CA Model (Colombo & Anderson). It´s going to be my first Giant.
I was reviewing some giant scale info available, but I would like if someone could help me with the powerbox and rudder servo decision. I saw an ARF Composite Giant Pitts of Allan Main from Chile and really like to setup my Pitt using the same technology (powerbox and Seiko rudder servo) but need someone with experience to help me choosing the best configuration for my airplane.

Thanks and congratulation to the Giant Scale community!!!
Gustavo.
gpavese is offline Find More Posts by gpavese
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-02-2006, 06:22 AM
Find More Posts by Boulder
It's official, thanks Verne...
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Jan 2006
11,247 Posts
Re: Hello from Argentina

Gustavo,

Welcome to our community

It's good to have you here, I wish I could help you with your questions, however, I have yet to use Seiko servos or a power box.

You might need to post the question in a separate thread, maybe in the build forum.

I would be interested in the power box question, myself. I may be using one of them in my new, to me, 33% Extra.
Boulder is offline Find More Posts by Boulder
Old 02-02-2006, 10:11 AM
Find More Posts by Kiwi
Chile, Antofagasta, Antofagasta Province
Joined Jan 2006
5,983 Posts

Hola Gustavo.

Bienvenido a flyinggiants.

Amigo I am bad for names and faces so next post how about a picture of you holding onto your plane. I am not sure if we meet. That is a problem when yoy drink too many good Argentinian beers and the great vinos en San Rafael.

With respect to your Stinker. I have some questions for you to answer and then I will be only too glad to help you with your setup.

First however the Seiko servo is way too big and heavy for your Pitts. The reason I day that is the Seiko is intended to replace four or five ganged servos. The CA PITTS uses two at the very most from memory. The Seiko needs a seperate battery pack to get the full potential from it. ON my big PITTS I use 12 volts and it produces 1800 in lbs of torque at that voltage. So the weight of the Seiko and the extra battery pack would impact the way you want the Stinker to fly.

RThere are many great brands of servos available these days and I prefer to remain neutral when it comes to recommendations. If you can let me know what servos you will be installing I will also be able to help you out with the selection of the powerbox or power expander. There are again several options available and it all comes down to money. There are expensive ways to do it and cheap ways. They both work and it depends a lot on what you want longer term. For instance if you are thinking of going to a 40% plane in time it can pay to buy equipment that is better than what is really needed in the current model. That way you can remove your electronics, sell the airframe and get inot a bigger plane gradually.

Anyway, let me know what plans you have and what setup you are thinking of and we are all here willing to help.

Kiwi
Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by Kiwi
Old 02-02-2006, 06:07 PM
Find More Posts by gpavese
Chacabuco, Argentina
Joined Jan 2006
25 Posts

Ken thanks for your kindly welcome.
I´m going to post the question in a separate thread as you suggest in order to obtain as much help as posible. This PITTS is going to be my first Giant so I have a long way to walk!

Thanks,
Gustavo.

Thanks
gpavese is offline Find More Posts by gpavese
Old 03-16-2009, 07:09 PM
Find More Posts by CHOCOFAN69
Joined Nov 2008
9 Posts

I KNOW THIS THREAD IS REALLY OLD BUT,I'VE BEEN SEARCHING FOR SOME INFO. ON THE CA STINKER FOR SOME TIME NOW,SINCE I JUST GOT MINE FROM NETBOX HOBBY WILL BE FITTING IT WITH A 3W 75cc LUIS @ NETBOX TOLD ME THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT MARCELO USES IN HIS STINKER BUT LIKE I ALWAY'S SAY SEEING IS BELIVEING LET SEE HOW IT FLIE'S WITH THAT ENGINE?I'M A LITTLE CONFUESED ON HOW TO ATTACHE THE STABILIZERS TO THE FUSE?
CHOCOFAN69 is offline Find More Posts by CHOCOFAN69

Quick Reply