logo
Old 08-08-2007, 02:17 PM
Find More Posts by Colin Gardner
Joined Aug 2007
15 Posts
World Models 27% Ultimate

Hello from Zimbabwe. I have just ordered my WM 27% Ultimate from South Africa. It will probably take about a month to arrive. I am going to put a Chinese 45cc gas engine in it. I have never run the engine yet but it looks like a very neat little unit. I have previously built a Godfrey Ultimate. I didn't think much of the kit but it flies very well with a 3W75 engine. Rusty's thread about the wm Ultimate looks most helpful. When I get going with mine I will comment as I go.
Cheers Colin Gardner
Colin Gardner is offline Find More Posts by Colin Gardner
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 08-08-2007, 05:02 PM
Find More Posts by Gus155
Kommetjie Cape Town South Africa
Joined Jan 2006
976 Posts
Re: World Models 27% Ultimate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Gardner View Post
Hello from Zimbabwe. I have just ordered my WM 27% Ultimate from South Africa. It will probably take about a month to arrive. I am going to put a Chinese 45cc gas engine in it. I have never run the engine yet but it looks like a very neat little unit. I have previously built a Godfrey Ultimate. I didn't think much of the kit but it flies very well with a 3W75 engine. Rusty's thread about the wm Ultimate looks most helpful. When I get going with mine I will comment as I go.
Cheers Colin Gardner
Hey Colin, join us on the SA thread.
Gus155 is offline Find More Posts by Gus155
Old 08-08-2007, 05:19 PM
Find More Posts by canavanbob
CA
Joined May 2007
959 Posts

Hello from California. Keep us posted on your build.
Bob
canavanbob is offline Find More Posts by canavanbob
Old 08-08-2007, 05:20 PM
Find More Posts by Tired Old Man
Suspended Account
California
Joined Jul 2006
4,329 Posts

It's a good plane. One that you will surely enjoy.
Tired Old Man is offline Find More Posts by Tired Old Man
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 08-08-2007, 05:36 PM
Find More Posts by MikeC3D
Suspended Account
SanAntonio,TX
Joined Jun 2006
3,389 Posts

RUN....
MikeC3D is offline Find More Posts by MikeC3D
Old 08-15-2007, 01:45 PM
Joined Aug 2007
15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus155 View Post
Hey Colin, join us on the SA thread.
Hi where do I find the SA thread?
Old 10-19-2007, 02:27 PM
Joined Aug 2007
15 Posts

Colin Gardner from Zimbabwe: My 27% Ultimate is taking shape. It is the first ARF that I have looked at all my others are 'built up'. It looks like a very smart model although quite a 'tiddler' compared to my others, especially my 33 % Ultimate which must weigh at least two and a half times this one. Stilll at least it will be much easier to transport. Can anyone suggest how they have neatly routed the upper wing aileron leads into the fuselage ? I can see that they can come down the rear cabane struts but then it looks as though I will have to route them along the top of the fuselage to where the removable cockpit section is and then make a small groove to allow the leads to go through into the receiver.this seems a bit untidy. Any other suggestions ?
Colin Gardner
Old 10-22-2007, 03:19 PM
Find More Posts by Dangerous Dan
United States, TX, Gainesville
Joined Jan 2006
3,929 Posts

Welcome to the best RC Forum in the world. Check out the thousands of videos and photos, also check the homepage often for leading edge articles and event coverage.
Dangerous Dan is offline Find More Posts by Dangerous Dan
Old 10-25-2007, 03:42 PM
Joined Aug 2007
15 Posts

Hi from Zimbabwe. My 27% Ultimate is now well advanced and looking good. I have used 'Mix 6' (elev/aux 4) on my t/x (JR) for the elevators which works fine except that the aux4 channel doesn't respond to trim whereas of course the elevator channel does. Any suggestions from anyone ? Otherwise everything is going together very nicely. Unfortunately the canopy and wheel spats were left out of my kit so there will be a bit of a delay until those are produced. Otherwise a very nicely thought out kit with reasonably everything that you need included.
Cheers,
Colin Gardner
Old 03-30-2008, 02:03 AM
Joined Aug 2007
15 Posts

Hi again fromZimbabwe,
I have finally completed my Ultimate and flown it. Initially I had the chinese 45cc engine in it but had trouble getting it to run properly. So I took it out and fitted a Zenoah 38cc. This fitted quite easily and because it is heavier than the chinese engine i was able to take out the nose weight. I asked our club expert to do the test flight and I am very glad that I did. I had set the control throws as instructed which gave really violent reaction to the smallest control input. However we survived and then I halved the aileron throw, put in a bit of up on the elevator and went again. This time very much more controllable and still very aerobatic. I will put in dual rates for next time. Certainly with the larger aileron throw the roll rate is fantastic. Interesting that the Z38 with 20*8 prop seems to give more than enough power to do anything. I would imagine that with a good 50cc engine you would have almost too much power. Anyway I am on an 'after succesful test flight' high today. I now intend to get the WM 28% Extra for my Zenoah 62. I'll tell you about that in due course.
Cheers,
Colin Gardner
Old 03-30-2008, 10:04 AM
Find More Posts by krayzc
Kannapolis, North Carolina
Joined Mar 2007
2,871 Posts

good deal
krayzc is offline Find More Posts by krayzc