Find More Posts by Eganwp
Jesus saves!
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Feb 2009
1,025 Posts
Re: Peak Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryor808 View Post
Yes! Eganwp and, I have the same airplane but, I added the canister muffler system for another $65.00 it's well worth it.

Eganwp,

I had the same problem with the LG....it's being worked on now...

Paul
Sucks! Mine happened due to a deadstick and not making it back, so not really the gears fault. Just got an email that my CF gear from Graphtech arrived today! I'm going to build a new gear mount setup on the bottom of the fuse which will be much stronger and easier than the split gear in the fuse setup.
Eganwp is offline Find More Posts by Eganwp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 07-02-2010, 12:12 PM
Find More Posts by pryor808
Fast & Low
Originally from Puerto Rico but, live in NY. Go! Gabriel Altuz
Joined Nov 2009
3,459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-boy View Post
A friend of mine has the 50cc yak. He loves the plane. The landing gear plate needs some beefing up but other than that is a good plane for the money.
I have the 30% Edge. The plane is awesome but, landing gear is a weak point. I busted mine a couple of days ago. I need to perform serious surgery soon.
pryor808 is offline Find More Posts by pryor808
Old 07-03-2010, 02:02 AM
Find More Posts by The Hodge
Skip Model Designs Intl.
Australia, VIC
Joined Mar 2008
4,062 Posts

The sbach has a really well built landing gear area,Has aluminum L brackes that are about 4inches long that the gear mounts to and the brackets then attach to the side of the motor box/fuse. Just like the 35% and 40% planes So nice and strong, i had a dolphone/peak extra 260 and the gear area was rubbish lol the gear mounted to 3mm ply lol
and that was a mission to fix, not once but twice , there was just no strength in the extra 260. But there new models have heaps of strength everywehre
The Hodge is offline Find More Posts by The Hodge
Old 06-03-2012, 12:06 PM
Find More Posts by turbotom
Ireland, County Meath, Meath
Joined Jun 2012
14 Posts
hi people, new to this forum. thinking i'd share the fun i have just had with my most recent purchase.
i just bought a peak models yak 54 with dle 30 engine..... cowl cracked, fuz dented, cheapo hardware instead of the anodised control horns that were advertised when i bought the model and all they offered was a discount on my next purchase.. not that i'll be buying from them again.
am i alone here or has this happened anyone else??
turbotom is offline Find More Posts by turbotom

Quick Reply