logo
Old 11-28-2011, 01:27 AM
Find More Posts by grassie
South Africa, GP, Centurion
Joined Jan 2008
617 Posts
"I believe the A9 problem is in the module but that is for someone else to figure out."

I am with this gentleman. A far as I am concerned the rest of this radio is working as advertised.
Somehow, maybe quality control, there is a weak point in the module. If the radio works with other modules without problems it is a sure sign. Well, just my 2c worth....
grassie is offline Find More Posts by grassie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 11-28-2011, 12:10 PM
Find More Posts by Eganwp
Jesus saves!
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Feb 2009
1,025 Posts
My new module didn't help AT ALL from Mike. It was only until the newest RX update that I had no issues on both modules. Maybe both modules are bum tho...
Eganwp is offline Find More Posts by Eganwp
Old 11-28-2011, 04:14 PM
Find More Posts by sgillmore
Jefferson City, MO
Joined Feb 2007
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldrookie View Post
I don't think I would buy an Aurora 9 used, because it is most likely problematic (one of the lemons).
If it was working well (as mine always has) you certainly wouldn't be selling it, because it is the best 9 channel radio out there.

Greg
Not all A9s being sold are bad. I sold my Aurora 9 for $290 with an Optima 6, aftermarket screen protector and neck strap balance adapter. It was in near mint condition with the original box and manual. I never had so much as a glitch with it in the year I owned it. Flew everything from foamies to 33% gas (with a 42% optical ignition cut-off!).

I bought mine simply because I wanted to try it out. Really great radio for the money and I enjoyed flying with it. There's nothing to be gained from starting another pros and cons debate, but I decided to stay with JR/Spektrum. Based on my current investment and knowledge base, it was the best decision for me...for now.

I just wanted to point out that there are some quality, used Aurora 9s being sold for a good price. I'd NEVER sell questionable radio gear as I couldn't live with myself if someone got hurt because of a problem I knew about. I have to believe that most of my fellow modelers feel the same way.

However, I guess a certain amount of caution is warranted.
sgillmore is offline Find More Posts by sgillmore
Last edited by sgillmore; 11-28-2011 at 04:52 PM.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:32 PM
Find More Posts by canavanbob
CA
Joined May 2007
959 Posts
I have 2 A9s and both of then had problems. The first one I bought new and eventually went with an XPS module and the problems went away. I traded for the second one that I knew had problems to see if the xps module would fix it too, and it did. The XPS module also has other advantages over the Hitec module.
canavanbob is offline Find More Posts by canavanbob
Old 11-29-2011, 09:13 AM
Find More Posts by Robotech
United States, AR, Pine Bluff
Joined Aug 2006
3,872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgillmore View Post
I just wanted to point out that there are some quality, used Aurora 9s being sold for a good price. I'd NEVER sell questionable radio gear as I couldn't live with myself if someone got hurt because of a problem I knew about. I have to believe that most of my fellow modelers feel the same way.

However, I guess a certain amount of caution is warranted.
Given the history of this radio system, one could say any A9 for sale would be questionable.
Robotech is offline Find More Posts by Robotech
Old 11-29-2011, 11:19 AM
Find More Posts by YAKMAN76
So you fly toy planes??
United States, MS, Carson
Joined Dec 2010
1,183 Posts
Isn't the problem fixed? I am curious as to how many radios had problems. From what I can tell it was a very few. There is plenty of hearsay and one can type anything on the keyboard. It is just funny to me that when a company has cylinders blow off their engines or issues that require updating no one seems to get all bent out of shape as bad. I just dont get it. Oh well.
YAKMAN76 is offline Find More Posts by YAKMAN76
Old 11-29-2011, 12:29 PM
Find More Posts by sherman89
Ocala Fl
Joined Feb 2007
2,988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eganwp View Post
Hey Sherman. Good to see you here again! Glad to hear you got your 11x working on your side of the game. Glad to see you'll be back into IMAC again next year.

I know you likely wont read this, but read back a few pages as I do believe the range issues/glitching was fixed by Hitec's latest RX update a few weeks ago. I did a bit of testing on it, and even on a new module (which didn't help originally on the previous RX firmware), and my range checks have increased DRAMATICALLY. No issues in flight whatsoever that i used to be able to produce on a whim. Because it's winter here now, I can't really test my big birds, but I'll continue to fly the small stuff and keep people posted.

Cheers!
Egan

Egan, how is everything in the cowtown, I am sitting it the airport in C Springs Co after 12 days with our daughter who is a senior at the Air Force Academy----my son and his girl friend are on their way back to Red Deer Ab after a busy week in C Springs. I have made the switch to JR and will stay there at least for now.
sherman89 is offline Find More Posts by sherman89
Old 12-01-2011, 08:30 AM
Find More Posts by skyrock
Joined Dec 2009
95 Posts
Think this is the A9 bashing thread!
Only here users have severe problems with the A9. I own my A9 since autum 2009 have Optima RX's installed in 9 models and everything works fine. Just invested another $190.00 and bought another 3 Optima 9 RX's. They came directly with software ver 2.02 installed.
Ok, the A9 is not absolutely perfect, but if I compare it to my T14MZ and my T12Z then it is almost on the same level and it is real value for money. It is rock solid and the telemetry functions are outstanding. Only thing I am still missing is the HTS-Voice.

Juergen
skyrock is offline Find More Posts by skyrock
Old 12-01-2011, 08:47 AM
Find More Posts by juicesqueezer
SMOKING!
Okeechobee, Florida
Joined Oct 2008
1,843 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman89 View Post
Egan, how is everything in the cowtown, I am sitting it the airport in C Springs Co after 12 days with our daughter who is a senior at the Air Force Academy----my son and his girl friend are on their way back to Red Deer Ab after a busy week in C Springs. I have made the switch to JR and will stay there at least for now.
Hi Rob; Loved Colorado Springs. Beautiful country. Red Deer is awesome as well. Miss all the traveling we did out west on both motorcycle and motorhome. Really liked Revelstoke, BC. Have fun and enjoy the beauty!
juicesqueezer is offline Find More Posts by juicesqueezer
Old 12-01-2011, 09:33 AM
Find More Posts by oldrookie
Joined Apr 2008
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman89 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicesqueezer View Post
Hi Rob; Loved Colorado Springs. Beautiful country. Red Deer is awesome as well. Miss all the traveling we did out west on both motorcycle and motorhome. Really liked Revelstoke, BC. Have fun and enjoy the beauty!
Don't they have a PM feature for these type of messages?
oldrookie is offline Find More Posts by oldrookie
Old 12-01-2011, 09:43 AM
Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
IMAC NC ARD
Joined Jan 2009
11,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldrookie View Post
Don't they have a PM feature for these type of messages?
yup, but who cares!
jamesrxx951 is offline Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
Old 12-01-2011, 09:48 AM
Find More Posts by cyoung450
Which Rudder??
Plano, TX
Joined Jan 2006
611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesrxx951 View Post
yup, but who cares!

This thread gets more off topic everyday. Gotta love FG....pppssshhhhtttt!
cyoung450 is offline Find More Posts by cyoung450
Old 12-01-2011, 10:21 AM
Find More Posts by lxcoupe
Welcome to Costco. I love you.
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jan 2006
4,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAKMAN76 View Post
Isn't the problem fixed? I am curious as to how many radios had problems. From what I can tell it was a very few. There is plenty of hearsay and one can type anything on the keyboard. It is just funny to me that when a company has cylinders blow off their engines or issues that require updating no one seems to get all bent out of shape as bad. I just dont get it. Oh well.
That's pretty funny right there.

DA was proactive about the problem. Admitted to it right away, and fixed the problem. Going so far as contacting people that had bought the motor to make it right. I don't know what you are smoking, but if hitec cared that much about it's customers, maybe there wouldn't be these bash-athon threads going on right now.
lxcoupe is offline Find More Posts by lxcoupe
Old 12-01-2011, 12:20 PM
Find More Posts by Devil_Inside
United States, MA, Burlington
Joined Nov 2009
452 Posts
The problem is that people keep bashing Hitec, because of problems they used to have some time ago and most of them don't even have the radio anymore. Hitec admitted that there is a problem, and they have since released two firmware upgrades that are supposed to correct the problem. I am curious to see how many people are using the radio with the latest firmwares and are still experiencing problems?
Devil_Inside is offline Find More Posts by Devil_Inside
Old 12-01-2011, 12:24 PM
Find More Posts by cyoung450
Which Rudder??
Plano, TX
Joined Jan 2006
611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil_Inside View Post
The problem is that people keep bashing Hitec, because of problems they used to have some time ago and most of them don't even have the radio anymore. Hitec admitted that there is a problem, and they have since released two firmware upgrades that are supposed to correct the problem. I am curious to see how many people are using the radio with the latest firmwares and are still experiencing problems?

+1
I have the latest updates, my stuff is rock solid. (The new scan function and the way it works is key to success IMHO. Make sure and read the new manual that comes with the latest update.)
cyoung450 is offline Find More Posts by cyoung450

Quick Reply