Find More Posts by 50%plane
Suspended Account
North Mexico
Joined Jan 2006
21,384 Posts
Re: FLYINGGIANTS.COM Adopts a New Moderation System. 10/13/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukhoikid View Post
After reading this thread I am thinking to myself that a lot of guys sure have went back to high school. Lets grow up and deal with the rules. They are not hard to follow. Who gives a crap what your Avatar looks like or what emoticons are available. Lets grow up!
with all do respect, for many folks, RC web forums are where you can have fun with friends is just a way to relax and not deal with the poop of life......

When I joined the Cirkus, I wasn't a fan of some of the stuff that was posted, but I soon understood the "vibe" When FG came along, I was excited to see that vibe once again resurrected, a little different, but folks making new friends. If it wasn't for that vibe, I probably would still be flying .40 size warbirds or passed out drunk in an alley....

I've been blessed to have the opportunity to make many new friends through FG. I can't even begin to list them all, but I'll share one story, this year, while I was moving to California, several folks in a thread that I participate in invited me to stay with them, even though they had never met me before.. Well, I ended up staying with Craven, Matt and Scotty for a weekend, and we went up to meet and fly with Pakratt, Nelly, and many more folks at "Poppelfest". Then, the next day, I got to hang out with the Duley's, Mattman, Hubb, just to name a few. (sorry, there's like 100 people I could name)

The main point is that if we were serious all the time, I would surf FG as often as I do the "Mega" RC sites...(almost never)

What does this rule change do for me? nothing. I will try to post in accordance with the new rules. But it's kindda different from when FG started, the site was "PG-13", now it's cleaner than "G"... Is this a bad thing? not necessarily. Lately, there's been a large number of threads that turn into a peeing match... Those, which I have been apart of, have ended up destroying the vibe that this site once had... So, yes, more moderation is needed, the question is to what extent.

Personally, I'm surprised that "stupid" and "Fun Police" are getting points... I understand not posting anything lewd, crass, or whatever you name it.... but this super-moderated status is taking away from most of the enjoyment that I, and apparently others get from visiting this site.

With the economy in a recession, I understand that websites are not free. To gain value, you need more members, more post, people who don't urinate each other off. The current owner of FG, I'm sure understands that. But at the same time, back in the day, companies that stepped up and were a big part of the vibe here at FG, I went out of my way to support. Nowadays, I am more prone to ignore them the way I ignore the ones at the "Mega" sites, do to just being another member here. Now, there's nothing wrong with that, but I guess that feeling of "comradery" no longer greets me when I open up my web browser.

In closing, I would like to express my appreciate for all the effort that the powers that be(Max, Sleepy, all the mods) have put into this site, and I realize that I will likely be banned by posting anything remotely critical. Please, consider this an open letter.

Regards,
Chris Todd
50%plane
50%plane is offline Find More Posts by 50%plane
Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old 10-13-2010, 09:13 PM
Find More Posts by ShortBus
Workin' the pole
Hopewell Jct, NY
Joined Jan 2006
4,483 Posts

"The moderator who warned you entered this comment:
-------
Really?
-------"

This anonymous moderator clearly does not know that I have been friends with Chris "50%plane" for a number of years and questioning his IQ and telling him to shut up is my way of telling him how much i love him.

im sure he didnt have a problem with what i said.
ShortBus is offline Find More Posts by ShortBus
Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2010, 09:14 PM
Find More Posts by Sukhoikid
Team Futaba
Joined Jan 2006
11,594 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwS1tGLB0vc
Sukhoikid is offline Find More Posts by Sukhoikid
Old 10-13-2010, 09:15 PM
Find More Posts by DOORGUY1
JUST HUCKING AROUND
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Feb 2006
219 Posts

The man is trying to keep us down! I agree with 3D Chick! WTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D Chick View Post
WTF IS THIS CRAP!!! THIS IS RETARDED STUPID NOT RIGHT F" UP. NOT ACCEPTABLE
DOORGUY1 is offline Find More Posts by DOORGUY1
Old 10-13-2010, 09:15 PM
Find More Posts by chadvoelkel
"LOWER!"
Mena,AR
Joined Aug 2008
1,192 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheEdge View Post

I think it was fine the way it was. I had to contact a moderator once and the issue was taken care of just fine. Why take away the FG style which was balls to the wall set your hair on fire fun. If someone gets too out of control, you moderators always did a perfect job and upheld the FG style and spirit all the way! Political Correctness sucks and it seems that everywhere you turn anymore someone has to change the way they do things because we're all so scared that it might offend somebody. What if I want to type the pledge of allegaince in a post? Or what if I want to thank Jesus for all he has done? Is that gonna be offensive to some sap on here and get me banned? If something on here offends someone then they should go somewhere else. Nobody is making anyone log on to FG. As far as minors are conserned....???? that's the parent's job. Isn't it?
I think I'm gonna need a few beers to mull this one over and decide if it's worth sticking around.
If I offended you with this.... send me a p.m. and I have an apology that I'm sure will really offend you.

WORD
chadvoelkel is offline Find More Posts by chadvoelkel
Old 10-13-2010, 09:17 PM
Find More Posts by racefreak2002
Pilot in command
Joined Feb 2008
746 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadvoelkel View Post
So how does that get moderated lol
You tube will allow it just no FG?
Because we all are getting the TUBE by FG. now we are TUBULAR
racefreak2002 is offline Find More Posts by racefreak2002
Old 10-13-2010, 09:18 PM View Post
3D Chick
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Obnoxious behavior). Show it to me anyway.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:19 PM
Find More Posts by 50%plane
Suspended Account
North Mexico
Joined Jan 2006
21,384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortBus View Post
"The moderator who warned you entered this comment:
-------
Really?
-------"

This anonymous moderator clearly does not know that I have been friends with Chris "50%plane" for a number of years and questioning his IQ and telling him to shut up is my way of telling him how much i love him.

im sure he didnt have a problem with what i said.
Absolutely! In fact, Jon was the one who convinced me to start posting on FG and pulled me out of "lurker status"

Shouldda thought twice about that huh Jon...

edit: to the anonymous moderator, I've known Jon for a while, and I'm sure he doesn't have a problem with my post
50%plane is offline Find More Posts by 50%plane
Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 10-13-2010, 09:20 PM
Find More Posts by I.B.E.
florida
Joined Aug 2010
15 Posts

well i guess its over to the flying cirkus. see what happened when you baned rede2fly for nothing. see ya boys
I.B.E. is offline Find More Posts by I.B.E.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:20 PM
Find More Posts by lxcoupe
Welcome to Costco. I love you.
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jan 2006
4,277 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingGiants Forums
Dear lxcoupe,

One of your posts has been found by a moderator to be in violation of FlyingGiants community rules:

Original Post:
https://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1291094
Post content:
Quote:
Looks like the whiners and cry babies always win. Go political correctness... Remember it's all about the children. Hope I didn't offend anyone.
The warned post is currently hidden from other users to give you a chance to edit it. Once you edit your post it will be visible to other users again and all record of this rule violation will be removed from your account.
Otherwise, your infraction will stay in your account until it ages for a certain number of days. If you accumulate a large number of points your account may be temporarily suspended.

For this violation, you have been given: 1 point(s).

After 01-11-2011, this infraction will be automatically forgiven.

An exhaustive list of rules for the site can be found on the FlyingGiants Rules page.

There is no further penalty for being warned other than the accumulation of points. You may accumulate 10 points before being subjected to a 5 day temporary ban from the site. Very few users reach the 10 point level by accident so if this is your first or second infraction, please accept the infraction point as merely a friendly reminder about the rules of the site.

An administrator will perform a review of the infraction sometime within the next several days, at which time the infraction will either be reversed or confirmed. If you feel that you've received the infraction point in error please feel free to initiate a thread in the Site Suggestions / Complaints forum. Address the administrators with your specific objection and they will attempt to assist you if a mistake has been made.

The reason you have been warned is because:

Reason: Trolling (Group attack)
The post contains an attack against the intelligence, character, or appearance of a group of users.

The moderator who warned you entered this comment:
-------
Please do not call people "whiners and criers"
-------

All the best,
FlyingGiants Forums
lxcoupe is offline Find More Posts by lxcoupe
Old 10-13-2010, 09:21 PM
Find More Posts by WangoTango
Conroe, Texas U.S.A.
Joined Feb 2007
5,152 Posts

So.......
Let me get this straight..... If I PM anybody something offensive, the Mod Police are gonna point me? If we all up and stop posting on this thread and then we go over to the chat room to do our usual cussing & fussing, we'll get tapped on the shoulder by the Mod Police? Will a Mod Police please come on this thread and clue us all in?
WT
WangoTango is offline Find More Posts by WangoTango
Old 10-13-2010, 09:22 PM
Find More Posts by Chad H
Nuke their a$$ n take the gas
Ancaster Ontario Canada
Joined May 2007
185 Posts

Sounds like the moderating is being done now by a company run by the Canadian government.

It can`t get any sadder than that dudes.

We should all now just sit in a circle, hold hands, agree with every moronic post made by every dork and smile.

And to top it off, I don`t see the jumping wiggly boobed smiley anymore...???!!!

What the hell?

Is this site soon to be as lame as Universe..?

Chad.
Chad H is offline Find More Posts by Chad H
Old 10-13-2010, 09:24 PM
"LOWER!"
Mena,AR
Joined Aug 2008
1,192 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxcoupe View Post
You've got to be kidding me.......That is a bunch of BS
Old 10-13-2010, 09:24 PM
Find More Posts by OverTheEdge
Kewanee, IL. USA
Joined Jul 2007
244 Posts

Man it's really gonna suck if they ban some of the avatars on here! I don't get PlayBoy anymore so I log on FG just to look at the avatars like Cravens.
OverTheEdge is offline Find More Posts by OverTheEdge
Old 10-13-2010, 09:27 PM
"LOWER!"
Mena,AR
Joined Aug 2008
1,192 Posts

So what is it going to take for this new sytem to be reversed?

Quick Reply