Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > Giant Scale Planes > Build Threads
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 11-14-2014, 08:13 AM   #6916
G.G.D.
Flyin' Around

Quote: Originally Posted by JaseTheAce
View Post
Hey guys,
We went out to the field on Sunday to get some footage of the 91" Extra. It's one of my favorite airframes. It is powered by the DA-70 spinning the Falcon 24x9 and it is a rocket ship with this combo! I have had this airplane for 2 years, and it's still in pristine shape. Enjoy!

Extreme Flight 91" Extra 300 EXP Jase Dussia - YouTube
Thanks for a great flight, prompt some alignment of the plane?
G.G.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 12:01 PM   #6917
mikelax15
Flyin' Around

I'm getting started on my 91 extra. I'm pulling the gear from my beloved 88" yak to get up and running. From what I've read (and yes I read all 462 pages - especially enjoyed the radial sound footage), my setup may leave me wanting to upgrade gear:
DA60
Proflow Can
Xoar sword 24x10
7955 ailerons and rudder (pull pull)
7985 elevators
Regulated rx lion to 6 volts
6 volt ignition nimh (boring)

I'm a decent hucker and this setup was awesome on my yak. We'll see.
mikelax15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 04:05 PM   #6918
leelee
Knife Edge

Default 88" Yak

Quote: Originally Posted by mikelax15
View Post
I'm getting started on my 91 extra. I'm pulling the gear from my beloved 88" yak to get up and running. From what I've read (and yes I read all 462 pages - especially enjoyed the radial sound footage), my setup may leave me wanting to upgrade gear:
DA60
Proflow Can
Xoar sword 24x10
7955 ailerons and rudder (pull pull)
7985 elevators
Regulated rx lion to 6 volts
6 volt ignition nimh (boring)

I'm a decent hucker and this setup was awesome on my yak. We'll see.
How much for the Yak and where are you located? If you are interested in letting it go.

Team Deadstick "Flirtn With Dirt"
leelee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 08:13 AM   #6919
mikelax15
Flyin' Around

Ha! I've been really indecisive about selling the yak airframe. Selling would help fund a pipe or upgraded servos
I'm in Nashville. I'll PM to talk price.
mikelax15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 09:06 AM   #6920
3DJunk
I'd rather be out flying.

Quote: Originally Posted by JaseTheAce
View Post
Hey guys,
We went out to the field on Sunday to get some footage of the 91" Extra. It's one of my favorite airframes. It is powered by the DA-70 spinning the Falcon 24x9 and it is a rocket ship with this combo! I have had this airplane for 2 years, and it's still in pristine shape. Enjoy!

Extreme Flight 91" Extra 300 EXP Jase Dussia - YouTube
Hey Jase,

This is awesome flying and combo with the DA 70. However, I think your last flights with the Edge and DA 70 are more dynamic and impressive due to the better power / weight. That's my opinion though.

You are one of most skilled flyers I have ever seen so please carry on to inspire us...! This dynamic style of flying is what these planes need to show their true potential.

Rgrds,
Nikos
3DJunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 02:21 PM   #6921
jdracing3
I like pancakes

Quote: Originally Posted by 3DJunk
View Post
Hey Jase,

This is awesome flying and combo with the DA 70. However, I think your last flights with the Edge and DA 70 are more dynamic and impressive due to the better power / weight. That's my opinion though.

You are one of most skilled flyers I have ever seen so please carry on to inspire us...! This dynamic style of flying is what these planes need to show their true potential.

Rgrds,
Nikos

Defiantly two deferent animals with each having their own personal flying characteristics, while neither showing any negatives.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Philippians 4:13

Last edited by jdracing3; 11-19-2014 at 05:36 PM.
jdracing3 is offline   Reply With Quote