Old 09-09-2014, 06:41 AM
Find More Posts by jwilliams
Happy contrails
Near Louisville, KY
Joined Jan 2006
3,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerman View Post
Just bought an XG at a fun fly cause I had to have it and I figured it would be a forward move- no piles of extra receivers. Plus, telemetry and xbus. I have an old DX7 bought used, a Hi-tech 6ch and a Futaba FG8 Super( don't like the programming protocol). Right now wondering if I did the right thing. Looks like xbus will be $ intensive, but sure looks like the way to go. It's resting quietly in the shop, hidden from probing wifely eyes and questions. It is a promo radio and came with an extra 6ch park flyer rx. Sure looks and feels good. I like the LiFe battery. Back in RC after 35 year absence. Just a few changes since then.
Xbus is a great system without a doubt. But be sure it is what you truly need, many times JR has a receiver that is more than capable of what you need for a particular airplane.
Jeff
jwilliams is offline Find More Posts by jwilliams
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 09-09-2014, 07:16 AM
Find More Posts by pcastine
Approaching critical AoA...
United States, VA, Fredericksburg
Joined Sep 2006
1,495 Posts
I'll be joining the DMSS crowd now, as I was fortunate to win an XG11MV at the IMAC World Championships as a raffle prize. A BIG thanks to JR Americas for donating the radio to support IMAC.

I'll need to start browsing for the right receiver to use in a 38% Hemple Decathlon. That will be my first bird to receive the DMSS treatment.

Pete
pcastine is offline Find More Posts by pcastine
Old 09-09-2014, 09:49 AM
Happy contrails
Near Louisville, KY
Joined Jan 2006
3,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcastine View Post
I'll be joining the DMSS crowd now, as I was fortunate to win an XG11MV at the IMAC World Championships as a raffle prize. A BIG thanks to JR Americas for donating the radio to support IMAC.

I'll need to start browsing for the right receiver to use in a 38% Hemple Decathlon. That will be my first bird to receive the DMSS treatment.

Pete
The RG1131BPU and if that does not have enough channels then XBus. I am not sure how many servos that plane takes, but you will probably be fine with the 1131BPU.
Jeff
Old 09-09-2014, 11:16 PM
Find More Posts by flyerman
United States, AL, Troy
Joined May 2014
264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
Xbus is a great system without a doubt. But be sure it is what you truly need, many times JR has a receiver that is more than capable of what you need for a particular airplane.
Jeff
Thanks for that input. Right now I'm thinking 120cc will be my size limit. However, you know how that changes. Thought about using Xbus in that, but sounds like it may be over kill. In fact, I'm looking for a Sukhoi 26mm in that size. Hangar 9 no longer offers it in that size. The search is on.
flyerman is offline Find More Posts by flyerman
Old 09-10-2014, 07:56 AM
Happy contrails
Near Louisville, KY
Joined Jan 2006
3,822 Posts
Flyerman the XBus obviously would work but the RG1131BPU is what I use in my 120cc class airplanes.
Jeff
Old 09-10-2014, 08:16 AM
Find More Posts by rick dazzler
www.taildraggerrc.com
park city, ky
Joined Jan 2006
5,275 Posts
I'm with jeff. The 11 channel power buss rx is a great simple set up that is more than capable.
rick dazzler is online now Find More Posts by rick dazzler
Old 09-10-2014, 11:27 AM
United States, AL, Troy
Joined May 2014
264 Posts
Thank you Jeff and Rick. I'm saving $ already. Great help 'cause I'm old enough to listen to people that know more than me, especially having been absent for 3 decades.
Old 09-10-2014, 03:23 PM
Happy contrails
Near Louisville, KY
Joined Jan 2006
3,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerman View Post
Thank you Jeff and Rick. I'm saving $ already. Great help 'cause I'm old enough to listen to people that know more than me, especially having been absent for 3 decades.
Happy to help. Some other thoughts about your setup are: with the RG11131BPU there is no need for any type of power box apparatus, you can run two 2S lipos directly into the receiver and servos (servos will need to be HV) without a regulator, the receiver also comes with two battery leads. Comes with a soft switch which is perfect for this setup. You truly should not need anything else with this RX.
Jeff
Old 09-11-2014, 01:42 AM
United States, AL, Troy
Joined May 2014
264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
Happy to help. Some other thoughts about your setup are: with the RG11131BPU there is no need for any type of power box apparatus, you can run two 2S lipos directly into the receiver and servos (servos will need to be HV) without a regulator, the receiver also comes with two battery leads. Comes with a soft switch which is perfect for this setup. You truly should not need anything else with this RX.
Jeff
Glad you mentioned the "no need" for add on stuff. Decided to keep it simple. Just bought 4 new JR high torque servos from a friend, but they are not HV so will need to regulate. I especially like the two battery setup. I've been using lithium Ion batteries. What do you think about two 2600's and using a IBEC like Tech Aero? Would they act like a parallel set up to increase capacity? Just moving to gas after getting my feet wet again with glow so have a learning curve to tame. When I quit rc in '79( that's sobering) gas engines were pre-historic compared to now. The more I play with this trans the more I like it. Sure beats the hitech. I appreciate the input.
Randy
Old 09-11-2014, 04:06 AM
Happy contrails
Near Louisville, KY
Joined Jan 2006
3,822 Posts
I would definitely run two batteries and 2 2600mah batts should be fine. That is what I run in mine and it yields plenty of flights on 6 8911HV's and 1 MP83 and 1 8411HV. THat IBEC is totally your preference they are fine and if it pleases you by all means use it.
Jeff
Old 09-11-2014, 10:15 PM
United States, AL, Troy
Joined May 2014
264 Posts
This is my last hand holding, well maybe. My plan for 120cc is...11131bpu with two 2600 lilo's, Aero-Tech IBEC, HV high torque servos, throttle excepted concerning hi torque. HV running straight through the whole system. GP123 or...? The JR DS8411's will go in a 50cc Wild Hare Extra I picked up at Castle IMAA. Just need to find the Sukhoi. Response appreciated from any and all...Jeff, Rick...?
Old 09-12-2014, 07:21 AM
Find More Posts by pcastine
Approaching critical AoA...
United States, VA, Fredericksburg
Joined Sep 2006
1,495 Posts
The JR 8411's are designed for maximum of 6v. So you would need a voltage regulator for the servos. Also - on the throttle, an 8411 is a great servo choice. Definitely overkill as regards to torque, but the speed and precision is fantastic (you want the fastest throttle response you can get) and the metal gears will stand up to the engine vibrations. It's the servo I run on throttle for all my large planes.

Just my 2 cents.
Pete
pcastine is offline Find More Posts by pcastine
Old 09-12-2014, 07:44 AM
Happy contrails
Near Louisville, KY
Joined Jan 2006
3,822 Posts
Ditto to what pcastine said. You can run a JR8411HV. Running the 2S 2600mah is fine on the 120cc planes that is what I do except for the IBEC. But I will say the IBEC is fine and I have even thought about doing it too. The regular 8411's will need 6V like pcastine said. I will remind you the RG1131BPU comes with a soft switch and I use it and really like it so you don't have to run a regular off/on switch unless you just want to.
Jeff
Old 09-13-2014, 12:17 AM
United States, AL, Troy
Joined May 2014
264 Posts
Thanks guys. All the info gets me in the right direction.
Old 06-17-2016, 01:50 AM
Find More Posts by bluefear
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Feb 2013
326 Posts
has this radio been discontinued?.......Amain is listing it in clearance...and horizon is saying no longer available
bluefear is online now Find More Posts by bluefear

Quick Reply