logo
Old 05-29-2007, 01:09 PM
Find More Posts by meloni.racing
Van Nuys, CA
Joined Jun 2006
1,022 Posts
rc plane club in VAN NUYS (LA)

hello man, sorry for my english but I dont speek english very well.....

in september I want to come in USA to take the commercial pilot liciense (heli) in Van Nuys airport. i think to remain in usa 8 months /1 year also for improve my insufficient language...

because I would not want to abandon totally my hobby is there a field in the vicinities of van nuys airport??

hello!!!
meloni.racing is offline Find More Posts by meloni.racing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 05-29-2007, 01:28 PM
Find More Posts by GMoney
Lake Tawakoni
Joined Feb 2006
1,663 Posts
Re: rc plane club in VAN NUYS (LA)

OCMA, great field even better guys that fly there.. Trabuco flyers I havent been there YET but you can see some pics form last weekend here at FG. A lille drive but Prado AKA Pomona Valley Model Airplane club. Is the best facility around but would be a drive. There are tons more If you dont find one you like while your here give MadMax a buzz or myself we can get you to where the action is..

GMONEY
GMoney is offline Find More Posts by GMoney
Old 05-29-2007, 01:29 PM
Find More Posts by bnaderi
Joined Feb 2006
30 Posts

http://www.valleyflyers.com/
bnaderi is offline Find More Posts by bnaderi
Old 05-29-2007, 02:00 PM
Find More Posts by Andy540T
Camarillo, CA
Joined Jan 2006
534 Posts

In the San Fernando Valley, there is the Sepulveda Basin Recreational park where the Apollo Field is located. There are a number of clubs that fly there and AMA is not required. There is always something going on at that site and I am sure all you have to do is show up and fly. About a 40 minute drive to the west, is the Channel Islands Condor field in Camarillo (this is where I fly). AMA is a requirement there. If you are in the area, feel free to stop by and visit.
Andy540T is offline Find More Posts by Andy540T
Old 05-29-2007, 02:27 PM
Find More Posts by Toro
Joined Jan 2006
2,431 Posts

Next time your on final to van-nuys take a look down right under the approach is APOLLO field, just down the street from Van Nuys
Toro is offline Find More Posts by Toro
Old 05-29-2007, 03:37 PM
Find More Posts by Judge
Team Futaba
United States, CA, Ladera Ranch
Joined Jan 2006
12,936 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
Next time your on final to van-nuys take a look down right under the approach is APOLLO field, just down the street from Van Nuys
That assumes that traffic is using Runway 34L or 34R (opposite normal traffic).

Sepulveda Basin/Apollo Field is 1.55 miles (2.5 km) from the approach end of Runway 34L at KVNY. Approximately 0.28 miles (0.44 km) east of the extended centerline.

And regardless of where you end up flying RC over here you will need to have a radio on either 72 megahertz or use a Spread Spectrum radio on 2.4 Gigahertz. Your radios from Italy are not legal for use here in the US (unless you are already using a Spektrum radio).
Judge is offline Find More Posts by Judge
Old 12-27-2007, 01:13 PM
Find More Posts by Mayte
Joined Dec 2007
1 Posts

Hi, I am looking for someone who can do an easy job. I want to write a small message to my bfd for our first aniverary and... I want to see if someone could fly a model airplane to the 9 th floor of his office building with the message so he can see it. The reason is that he loves airplanes and I think it would be cool and original.... Please reply to maytelv@hotmail.com it would be in Century City, CA. Please!!!!! or if you know somebody who would do it let me know. Thank you.
Mayte is offline Find More Posts by Mayte
Old 12-27-2007, 01:37 PM
Find More Posts by Toro
Joined Jan 2006
2,431 Posts

In todays world thats a huge can' o worms. I imagine that while this idea is unique, and thoughtful, it is too much of a liability to operate a model aircraft in mid city Century city. Plus not to mention, everyone is absolutely on ragged edge of anything remotely strange post 9/11.
Toro is offline Find More Posts by Toro
Old 12-27-2007, 01:42 PM
Find More Posts by jaguar bone
balsa, glue & gas
United States, FL, Winter Garden
Joined Jun 2006
3,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayte View Post
Hi, I am looking for someone who can do an easy job. I want to write a small message to my bfd for our first aniverary and... I want to see if someone could fly a model airplane to the 9 th floor of his office building with the message so he can see it. The reason is that he loves airplanes and I think it would be cool and original.... Please reply to maytelv@hotmail.com it would be in Century City, CA. Please!!!!! or if you know somebody who would do it let me know. Thank you.

Wow, what a sweet idea Mayte!
Your request unfortunatly isn't as easy as it may seem. I'm in Fla so I can't help, but best of luck finding someone with a tow plane that might pull a message banner- that would be so cool!
( or maybe a message on the top wing of a + - 100" wing span bird- flyng at the 8th floor level! )
Hope there are not any other buildings around too, otherwise you better get you thinking cap back on for another idea. May prove to be too hazardous of conditions otherwise.
Happy 1st! and Good Luck on the idea.

IMO- He's a lucky guy you are even thinking that way!

9-11 fears - How True. _ Maybe coax him to a flying field with your "plane message " to take off and display?
jaguar bone is offline Find More Posts by jaguar bone

Quick Reply